Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Devonic

Best Race for a Templar

What is the Best Race for a Templar, leave a reply with why you think so, if you want.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Race for a Templar, leave a reply with why you think so, if you want.

• Elken
    • Human
    • Nethari

Depends on what you’re going for.  It’s not as cut and dry as your painting it out to be. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

23 hours ago, mandalore said:

Depends on what you’re going for.  It’s not as cut and dry as your painting it out to be. 

Going paladin, what strengths would each offer to that.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:45 PM, firstworldpotato said:

I like Elken for the charge (need as much help in the gap closing department as we can get) and Shadow Sight.  

Honestly we should have a better gap closer baked into the class. Censure has gotten better but its still crap overall compared to other gap closer skills.

I really hope you test out the Elken Charge before you base your race choice on that alone.  It's quite horrible in large scale pvp and it can lock you into an animation when you need to react/heal.

For paladin, i'd go Human.  Nethari possibly because paladins currently do not have a ton of great passives that I want to slot, so its possible you could get some more int there and increase your crit heal amount which has synergy with your paladin capstone.

1 hour ago, Imort said:

Hands down Nethari..... cause they look cool 😎 

Just not allot of fire skills in Templar build, they almost look human, so I will go with human

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Devonic said:

Just not allot of fire skills in Templar build, they almost look human, so I will go with human

Could be wrong, but I think all their damage is actually considered fire damage until you pop holy warrior just like cleric hammers deal fire instead of crushing for some reason. So the Nethari active is far from a throwaway for a class that will frequently be in situations they can hit a ton of enemies with the burning effect. 

The biggest question in my mind in for judging their merits as a templar is whether the bonus to fire damage is applied before their fire damage is converted to holy by holy warrior, or after. If popping holy warrior means losing your nethari damage buffs then human seems a clearly better choice. If they stack then nethari templars are decidedly not trash.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

7 hours ago, Andius said:

Could be wrong, but I think all their damage is actually considered fire damage until you pop holy warrior just like cleric hammers deal fire instead of crushing for some reason. So the Nethari active is far from a throwaway for a class that will frequently be in situations they can hit a ton of enemies with the burning effect. 

The biggest question in my mind in for judging their merits as a templar is whether the bonus to fire damage is applied before their fire damage is converted to holy by holy warrior, or after. If popping holy warrior means losing your nethari damage buffs then human seems a clearly better choice. If they stack then nethari templars are decidedly not trash.

I think it's Vindicators who change their damage to fire. Could be wrong tho, I don't play Templar :P

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

9 hours ago, Andius said:

Weaponexecuted skills are slashing for the templar beside from the timeframe of holy warrior. The only firedmg source of a templar is in fact divine light.

...clerics are throwing "mystical hammers" and not their actuall weapon^^ a Confessor is also not throwing Books and cause Papercut-dmg

Firedots from several different persons do not stack. This is how all dots work and also debuffs like sin btw.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:52 AM, Devonic said:

dmg templar top build path has a poorly made socks load of fire dmg im pretty certain, devotion makes there attacks do fire dmg with every swing. i could be wrong though.

Paladins though do have poorly made socks to fire dmg (Dunno why there keystone is 10% fire dmg and fire dmg cap)

Veeshan Midst of UXA