Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Trial of Zaleena begins - Official discussion thread

1 minute ago, Rikutatis said:

I think everyone knows the best way to get top 10 is no-life'ing the CW for capping 24/7. The issue is that healers (and specially earthkeeper) are at a disadvantage by being severely gimped in kills and assists, which are two categories that also contribute to the leaderboard score. Dedicated crafters and harvesters even more than healers, because they spend a good chunk of their in game time crafting and/or harvesting instead of capping, as  @Ussiah pointed out. 

@Pann can we get a @jtoddcolemanresponse to healers on the leaderboards? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

17 minutes ago, Genocide said:

Participation trophies, really? Do you not understand the demographic of your player base (UO, SB, DF Vets)? Jah, and other Winterblades shills do not speak for all of us.

What would be a better reward?

The amount of score you get from kills and assist is fairly inconsequential. Even as someone who's ganked a ton of people the amount of score you get from kills pales in comparison to capping objectives.

Healers definitely need to count on assists. I'm sure they're working on this but it's by no means the end of the world right now.

Harvesters and crafters absolutely need to be rewarded. I'd honestly be okay with the score from harvesting and crafting being weighted a bit more heavily than combat oriented stuff. It'll be a tricky thing to develop though.

In the last Q&A Todd said that he doesn't like participation trophies, so I don't think they will be in the actual reward system

Remember, they already said that these Trials rewards are just to give people a reason to start the game, because more players equal more/better testing. It is probably also used to test the reward system before the real one comes out. It seems like people are forgetting that these rewards are only treats while they focus on developing.

We will for sure see more elaborate leaderboard metric and reward systems in the future, but developing takes time.

1 hour ago, Jah said:

Scarcity for the gold sigil, everyone else gets the participation trophy. That isn't really a contradiction.

Giving the 10th place character on the worst faction the same item as the 1st place character on the top faction is a participation trophy as well

The best way is to play as normal or not at all and on the last day die in the Other campaign on the winning side and get the shiney. 

And no worries when the next ACE game comes out I am sure gatherers and crafter will be paid some attention to.