Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Trial of Zaleena begins - Official discussion thread

1 hour ago, APE said:

What would be a better reward?

Victory.  Having an incomplete ranking system but still feeling the need to arbitrarily rank people and then award cosmetic rewards in a fashion that a decent chunk of the pop can’t evenly compete is some Ashe of Creation dev shenanigans.  Giving all testers the same reward for testing is what should be done.  You admonish the community for being competitive then give us reasons to be. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Victory.  Having an incomplete ranking system but still feeling the need to arbitrarily rank people and then award cosmetic rewards in a fashion that a decent chunk of the pop can’t evenly compete is some Ashe of Creation dev shenanigans.  Giving all testers the same reward for testing is what should be done.  You admonish the community for being competitive then give us reasons to be. 

QFT

So, with the new rules in mind. In order for myself as a healer to get the completely worthless for a healer gold shiny, my best path is to use an Alt account on another faction and "trade" an outpost back and forth all day for sweet sweet capture points! Well alrighty then !

3 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

I think everyone knows the best way to get top 10 is no-life'ing the CW for capping 24/7. The issue is that healers (and specially earthkeeper) are at a disadvantage by being severely gimped in kills and assists, which are two categories that also contribute to the leaderboard score. Dedicated crafters and harvesters even more than healers, because they spend a good chunk of their in game time crafting and/or harvesting instead of capping, as  @Ussiah pointed out. 

As a ganker, I'm pretty sure a kill or assist gives you 1 point. Pretty much an insignificant amount of points.

3 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

The amount of score you get from kills and assist is fairly inconsequential. Even as someone who's ganked a ton of people the amount of score you get from kills pales in comparison to capping objectives.

Healers definitely need to count on assists. I'm sure they're working on this but it's by no means the end of the world right now.

Harvesters and crafters absolutely need to be rewarded. I'd honestly be okay with the score from harvesting and crafting being weighted a bit more heavily than combat oriented stuff. It'll be a tricky thing to develop though.

20 minutes ago, bellyfrog said:

As a ganker, I'm pretty sure a kill or assist gives you 1 point. Pretty much an insignificant amount of points.

Just as an example, 50 kills and 200 assists would still be 250 points. Which sure, is not the majority of your points by any means when you'd have something like say, 2k points in the final score. But it's still a pretty significant amount that could be the difference between getting 10th or 11th place. I mean, it makes no sense why dps would get a few extra points over healers, even if they are a smaller amount. While healers are obviously contributing just as much to a fight. Is it a make it or break it issue for this upcoming campaign? Not for me, I don't care about the color of the badge. But it's something the devs should try to look at when they add harvesters and crafters to the leaderboards as well. 

I'm looking forward to those cool new food recipes.  Finding new resources in the world sounds fun.

I found the increase in rank on harvesting nodes to be helpful.

The decrease in sacrifice value of things may be overtuned.  I might have 10,000 common wood at level 9, but there's nothing I can make it into to sacrifice for XP.

2 hours ago, Genocide said:

Victory

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

I agree.

While I believe ACE should reward us for testing/playing such an unfinished/broken version, at the same time it might be a bit early to give out launch quality rewards for the same reason.

Imagine if they actually rewarded people for testing and reporting bugs and balance issues instead of who is exploiting them the best... The 4+ hour cosmetic only test reward is a better way IMO.

Considering what this game was hyped to be originally, find it silly people are up in arms about gold vs silver participation trophies. To each their own I guess, such trivial things, especially from a pre-alpha must be highly valuable to some.

Is what it is, hopefully these trials allow them to figure out actual decent rules and rewards systems while they complete the game. As of now, it's a mess and I'll do as little as possible to get what is available.

For those concerned about no rewards for non-kills, I'm with you, but so many things need to be fixed and completed before this even really matters.

Maybe ACE should look to Ashes and go after the cosmetic market to pull in more cash, seems to be working for them. Went from a handful to 100 or something devs quickly it seemed. Throwing more people at a project won't make it better just because, but it likely can't hurt too much either.

Well, first trial completely lost for me, thats sad. 

Maybe someone will give me 1500$ for new laptop, because my mad father took my Aspire VX 15 by force and I can't stream and play Crowfall 😢.
b9276070670dbf74-profile_image-300x300.p

Edited by Benor

5 hours ago, Squishy.Turtle said:

Can we get a campaign that doesn’t start at Midnight for EST players?

Seriously. It got pushed back because patching issues and was never corrected. Midnight for a US East server is ridiculous. Even coming from someone who is active through the night.

Well, I created one more message, sorry.

How to delete it?

Edited by Benor
Benor is Ret@rded, sorry guys.

8 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

I think everyone knows the best way to get top 10 is no-life'ing the CW for capping 24/7. The issue is that healers (and specially earthkeeper) are at a disadvantage by being severely gimped in kills and assists, which are two categories that also contribute to the leaderboard score. Dedicated crafters and harvesters even more than healers, because they spend a good chunk of their in game time crafting and/or harvesting instead of capping, as  @Ussiah pointed out. 

as a cleric I can assure you clerics can kill, even defensive ones, against geared and skilled opponents, and have rather nice survivability. Earthkeepers are in the same fashion though less damage with the staff than I do with hammer, they too can kill in 1v1 and 1v2 situations, especially considering their gear to others. I am a dedicated healer, defensively built and have no issues so honestly, this is random noise.

As far as dedicated crafters are conserned you are only able to take one craft at a time. The other should be in combat already, and you should have combat ability. If they do not... is their fault. If it is an alt account of someone that isnt played except to craft, then im sorry, going out and dying once for a silver reward is likely more than that entire account will ever freakin use.

Dedicated harvesters as myself also, being a miner, should be balancing their playtime as I do, or going hard at mining only in spring / balancing summer / doing pvp fall and winter anyway (unless hardcore trained for five pipping fall and winter, and really, heh, you choose to pvp or not. Get off your ass and pvp, or dont. its your choice.

this IS a pvp game. You want the best poorly made socks you go gather the best poorly made socks, and then you pvp in it and use it all up. If you arent willing to pvp, why should you get top rewards?

That is as bad as saying 'I refuse to play the game, but I want top prizes. That isnt fair!

This is not a childs' game. Why do we have this forum making the word sh - i - t into socks?

Looking forward to the Trial of Zaleena on EU server, let's see how this reward system works out, may the best win!

The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.

During the "Trials of Malekai" on EU server my guild and I gave our contribute to the Order faction.
It was a minor contribute due to the small size of the guild and our limitated gameplay time, but it was given with good will and the  goal of winning a gold sigil.

The reward system of "Trials of Zaleena" eliminated our goal.
Small guild of casual players are sure, before campaign starts, to have no more than a silver sigil.

Reward scarcity, in the kickstarter concept of the game, is planned for resources which can be shared (rare materials, relics affecting a guild and so on...).
These rewards are not divisible, therefore their scarcity a tremendous incentive to solo player.

I feel ACE is cutting out a part of players from reward system... and I doubt this is the best for Crowfall.

8 hours ago, Grivyn said:

So (... ...) my best path is to use an Alt account on another faction and "trade" an outpost back and forth all day for sweet sweet capture points! Well alrighty then !

Please do it, perhaps ACE need to taste how bad this decision is.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

1 hour ago, RikForFun said:

During the "Trials of Malekai" on EU server my guild and I gave our contribute to the Order faction.
It was a minor contribute due to the small size of the guild and our limitated gameplay time, but it was given with good will and the  goal of winning a gold sigil.

The reward system of "Trials of Zaleena" eliminated our goal.
Small guild of casual players are sure, before campaign starts, to have no more than a silver sigil.

Reward scarcity, in the kickstarter concept of the game, is planned for resources which can be shared (rare materials, relics affecting a guild and so on...).
These rewards are not divisible, therefore their scarcity a tremendous incentive to solo player.

I feel ACE is cutting out a part of players from reward system... and I doubt this is the best for Crowfall.

Please do it, perhaps ACE need to taste how bad this decision is.

i mean last campaign i was on balance competing with powerhouses like hoa and W and still managed to place top 40(unless i got knocked out at the end) while focusing mostly on kills, im also a huge solo roamer so most of my points werent from forts or siege. solo and small guilds can place with time and effort 

hoayaga2.jpg

1 hour ago, Staff said:

solo and small guilds can place with time and effort 

I agree, but my concern is how (if ?) Crowfall is intended to reward casual players. 
They are strongly disadvanged by the upcoming reward system same way of crafter, healer and harvetser.

1 hour ago, Staff said:

last campaign i was on balance competing with powerhouses like hoa and W and still managed to place top 40

Last campaign none in hoa or W had to be on the top 40 to gain a gold sigil.

I'm not a gambler, but I'd put a bet in "Trials of Zaleena" only US player will be rewarded with gold sigils.
Top places in the leaderboard will be achieved by nightcapping (and friendly exchanging) EU outposts.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I agree healers should get assists from healing the teammate that kills.

But that said, it's far from impossible to rank high in your leaderboard as a healer. 

Our top scoring player was Fayde, our Earthkeeper druid. 

3a923cf03dc0234a19890866dc20e221.png

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

6 hours ago, Teddybear said:

as a cleric I can assure you clerics can kill, even defensive ones, against geared and skilled opponents, and have rather nice survivability. Earthkeepers are in the same fashion though less damage with the staff than I do with hammer, they too can kill in 1v1 and 1v2 situations, especially considering their gear to others. I am a dedicated healer, defensively built and have no issues so honestly, this is random noise.

Teddy, if you don't understand the concept that a leaderboard in a competitive pvp game should be fair and track the progress of all gameplay activities that directly correlate to winning the campaign, then I honestly don't know what else to tell you. Specially considering this leaderboard is going to determine campaign awards and who gets what. This is not a novel concept, that's how it's done in several other successful games out there. In Elder Scrolls Online, kill points (in the form of AP) are awarded to every team member that was close enough when a kill was scored, not just by the guy who delivered the killing blow. So healers and utility builds get the AP as well. It's a team effort. Overwatch tracked healing done. Etc. 

And I'm not talking 1v1s here, or whether a healer can win a 1v1, but just to give you an example, my earthkeeper build is designed in such a way to stay in life tray 100% of the time. I just swap to death tray to use CC or if I happen to be the only person who caught up with a fleeing target. If there's no healing to be done (it was rare in EU Chaos, since we were always short on healers and you can heal players outside your team as well) then I'd rather beam my main dps guy for higher burst than do that pitiful spark dmg myself because that's just more optimal in most cases.

34 minutes ago, Yumx said:

But that said, it's far from impossible to rank high in your leaderboard as a healer. 

I was top 10 on EU Chaos as an earthkeeper as well Yumx. Fayde and I got to top 10 not because the system is fair, but just because we no life'ed the game more than all the others and kept flipping forts and outposts 24/7 (I only joined the campaign in the second week, but still). I got 10th, but I'm sure I could have gotten 1 or maybe even 2 places higher if I had the same score I did on my fessor in previous CWs, with a few dozen kills and hundreds of assists. It doesn't matter now, but for the live game when getting 11th or 10th could mean getting a desirable reward or not that'd be pretty frustrating and unfair. Maybe kills should be tracked like XP: whoever is inside you team and in close enough proximity gets the kill. Or they can come up with some sort of healing score. And healing should give points for assists as well like you said.  

48 minutes ago, Yumx said:

3a923cf03dc0234a19890866dc20e221.png

You actually just wanted to show off your crazy 115/7 kd, right? xD

Well played, dude. No hard feelings. You would have deserved the golden badge more than most of us chaos.

1 minute ago, Glitchhiker said:

You actually just wanted to show off your crazy 115/7 kd, right? xD

Well played, dude. No hard feelings. You would have deserved the golden badge more than most of us chaos.

Oh damn, I just saw that 115/7! LOL impressive indeed 😁