Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wasichu

Fresh eyes after playin all 3 styles

So besides talking about the heavy armor meta as that topic has already been brought up before I leveled and played all 3 styles of the assassin. Now there is no way I could bear not playing Fae with out stealth speed as it is crucial for a melee type assassin to line up any kind of opening. I feel their should be a minor discipline to give the other races the option of stealth speed. I do believe Diffusion and Enter the Shadows should be swapped as a class defining ability should come earlier on as learning the tray swap system has a big learning curve when it comes to stealth.

The cutthroat is well planed and thought out by the devs hats off. All points spent in tree make a better positional style assassin. Probable why its the most popular.

Blackguard... I have yet to see any kind of barrier given from using kidney shot.(If it is given that some sort of indicator/visual would be nice; maybe a bubble shield around you)

Since Blackguards don't really have a stealth opener ( I know you allowed backstab to be slotted) Spirit Dart is kinda that. It ticks for a whooping 50 damage albeit for a long time. I would like to see the ticks reduced and the damage increased to have more initial impact. I would also be nice to make it 20m range with a 5 sec snare if opponent is exposed.

Alligator Blood... Is this defense towards receiving bleeds? if its a bleed booster than it should be in Vandal tree and swap with Toxicology as it fits a lot better with the Blackguard build theme.

Zoned out ...doesn't fit the Blackguard play style imo maybe some like it. I would like it to rather add 5% more damage to diffusion per point spent. Or give diffusion a 50% chance to return 3 pips.

Poison Paradise.... As is currently will never see use in a passive slot. Needs complete overhaul. Maybe 8% life from all Dmg output.

Yagas Gift... This is Vandals ohh chit saver. I believe it also needs to give them 30% movement speed for those 4 secs. Does no good to get yagas's gift if I move like a snail in combat tray and by the time you swap to another tray those 4 secs of life saving are done and you are toast.

Cheap Shot.... Should not be able to be retaliated or anything. Vandals are trading upfront big damage opener for a more cc style gameplay and kidney shot will 90% be retaliated.

Agreed stealth should come way earlier.

I had thought Alligator Blood was about dishing out dmg not mitigating it but I see now that it is probably mitigation.

Not sure about Zoned Out. It would be a nice skill in any tree as its not really play-style-specific. More power for longer. Whats not to like? It is a boring, 'we didnt know what else to put here', kind of skill though.

I couldn't agree more with poison paradise. I'd give up the slot for 8% of everything, but not on poison procs alone. I'd also settle for 80% lifesteal on poisons. Maybe that was what is was supposed to be but they forgot the zero.. yeah... im sure thats it.

My gripe with spirit dart as an opener, regardless of whether it gets bufed, is that it doesn't have a high enough success rate, and if you use that as an opener, you may have lost your opening stun as you open yourself up for counter stealth and runners by giving away the element of surprise. I mean you can still get off a stinkbomb if youre slick enough but it's just a bit more stressful than being on top of them when you open with a stun combo.

I would like to see Agent Provocateur enveloped by the assassins skillset and not have to waste a disc slot on it. I dont think I could play without it, although that goes for solo, once you start playing in groups it is easy to drop provided one of you has it (i'm talking multi stealth parties).

What can I say about the 3 specs generally? Well I've not actually played Vandal so I wont comment, but although I appreciate cutthroat as a true assasins spec, hit hard, dissapear, rinse repeat, I am actually having more fun playing blackguard, which is not something I thought would happen. It could be that it has coincided with me having better gear and a better overall understanding of class abilities and mechanics (not just assassins). I shall have to go back and play cutthroat again at a later date. I find the added survivability of mail armour such a joy to play with, where you can afford to make the odd mistake without being punished too harshly.

Can't you slot Backstab into your stealth tray to use an opener?  Haven't really played Blackguard in a while, so I'm not sure it's currently working.

Edited by Pwca
Punctuation

1 minute ago, Pwca said:

Can't you slot Backstab into your stealth tray to use an opener.  Haven't really played Blackguard in a while, so I'm not sure it's currently working.

Yea you can. 

I stated in quotes that backstab could be slotted in stealth tray. Alligator blood isn't very clear if its bleed defense then ok if its offensive then Vandals are only ones with a possible bleed proc. On In the Zone what did ya mean by more power longer? what is that actually doing for you. Is it boosting weapon power?  

1 hour ago, Wasichu said:

I stated in quotes that backstab could be slotted in stealth tray. Alligator blood isn't very clear if its bleed defense then ok if its offensive then Vandals are only ones with a possible bleed proc. On In the Zone what did ya mean by more power longer? what is that actually doing for you. Is it boosting weapon power?  

Sorry, missed what you said about backstab.  I was a bit confused since you focused on spirit dart as the opener. They should be used in quick succession, and spirit dart should tick for a lot more if you're using nature toxin.  Zoned Out primarily helps with resource management, since you don't have to cast In the Zone so often, giving you more pips for Call Darkness, Shadow Mantle, Blade Master abilities and the like. Not flashy, but decent.