Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
higgins

You Cannot Make The Cash Shop Items Trade Able!

IF YOU MAKE THE CASH SHOP COSMETIC ITEMS TRADE ABLE THE GAME WILL BE PAY 2 WIN.

If you allow the cosmetic costumes or mounts to be traded this is what will happen. People that have a lot of money in real life will have an advantage. They can buy a costume for real money and SELL THE COSTUME FOR IN GAME GOLD TO OTHER PLAYERS!!! THAT IS A BIG NONO. If this is allowed than you will have people using their real life to gain advantages. The game will turn out just like archeage. DO NOT BE GREEDY custardS! IF YOU ARE GOING TO SELL COSMETIC DO IT LIKE PATH OF EXILE OR LIKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT, NOT LIKE ARCHEAGE BECAUSE EVERYONE WILL LEAVE AFTER 1 MONTH. Please I am begging you, do not allow the cosmetic items to be traded and no RNG boxes with traceable loot either.

EDIT FROM Dredja: Make cash shop items account bound or player bound to prevent trading.

Edited by higgins

Yes, it'll totally be Pay to Win to have people's stuff that's stuck in the EK while they go slaughter and pillage in the Dying Worlds be tradeable. 

Not really. It'll be totally irrelevant. Early resources will be dedicated to building in the EK, not buying trinkets. It will be fine. No doom and gloom needed.

Wow, such a balanced argument

what if cash shop cosmetics are bound? That stops conversion into gold

Try to be constructive

Perfect solution, that is exactly what I am trying to get at.

Perfect solution, that is exactly what I am trying to get at.

say that then, without out the caps, add that as an option on your poll, because I want a cosmetic shop if it means there's no sub fee, and as long as non-bound equivalents are available from drops/crafting

Edgy

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like? <-- that's pretty much what your posts sounded like to me but you were screaming about custard.

Maybe take a Valium or two, relax, and read the forums and developer posts thoroughly? Maybe you just need a hug?

Perception is reality.

No, I don't want to join your guild.

Take a nap. Everything will be fine.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like? <-- that's pretty much what your posts sounded like to me but you were screaming about custard.

Maybe take a Valium or two, relax, and read the forums and developer posts thoroughly? Maybe you just need a hug?

I do need a hug.

First of all... Cosmetic items don't offer an advantage.  Make them bind on pick up.

The only thing that has been confirmed as "tradable" are VIP tokens.  This give access to additional character slots and passive training slots.  Thats it.

These can be traded to players for whatever resources WE DECIDED AS A COMMUNITY the are worth.  If you don't find any value in the VIP slot and have all sorts of sweet resources to craft with.. don't trade.

The only people who can break the economy are the people playing the game.

ArtCraft has to monetize something, so fancy bound outfits and one tradable currency that does not create anything tangible in game that isn't produced by another player seems pretty damn fair to me.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

BOOM, those tokens right there are APEX from Archeage. People who have lots of money IRL can just sell a bunch of those and become rich in game. That is a pay2win game if I have ever seen one.

There should be no where in the game where you can convert IRL money into ANYTHING in the game, period.

First of all... Cosmetic items don't offer an advantage.  Make them bind on pick up.

The only thing that has been confirmed as "tradable" are VIP tokens.  This give access to additional character slots and passive training slots.  Thats it.

These can be traded to players for whatever resources WE DECIDED AS A COMMUNITY the are worth.  If you don't find any value in the VIP slot and have all sorts of sweet resources to craft with.. don't trade.

The only people who can break the economy are the people playing the game.

ArtCraft has to monetize something, so fancy bound outfits and one tradable currency that does not create anything tangible in game that isn't produced by another player seems pretty damn fair to me.

BOOM, those tokens right there are APEX from Archeage. People who have lots of money IRL can just sell a bunch of those and become rich in game. That is a pay2win game if I have ever seen one.

There should be no where in the game where you can convert IRL money into ANYTHING in the game, period.

$5 on the mod.

And I already answered that argument.

Godzilla-facepalm.jpg

Edgy

How do we know that the gold or currency you get from selling these can only stay in the EK?

On the off chance that coin ignores import/export rules, it can't be eaten, worn, or used to stab people, so it's value will be pretty low at the beginning of a campaign.