Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.4 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 2/26/19

Posted (edited)

When you've fully spent points into everything in the crafting basics skill tree, it still shows only 96% trained?

InfGgy4.jpg

Edited by Jikap
Fixed image link.

There is an issue with the Split Items window. If you are splitting a stack and that stack is in the bottom row, you can see the slider and the field where you can type, but you cannot click "Split". The dialog box stays open even when the inventory menu is closed and the only way to clear it is by closing the game. 

Suggestion: Check window bounds to see if dialog will extend past, if so, move dialog coords up. Also, allow to press Enter key after typing in a number to split to complete the stack split.

The Harvest Critical Chance Pick Sigil uses the Axe sigil icon.

Using abilities and other actions too quickly in succession consistently causes the wrong animation to play (it plays the first animation over for the second action).

There is a spot on the village parcel where several knotwood trees spawn in the same location.

Posted (edited)

Harvesting and Ganking

One of my previous suggestions was to remove stacked motherloads from keeps to encourage people to go to adventure canyons for harvesting. This campaign we got stacked motherloads near R10 fort in the furthest locations and ganking went from unpleasant to zero. On the other hand, amount of resources we need for endgame gear is insane and without such fort people would be still running in greens.

Suggestions:

• Move R10 resources from keeps and forts to adventure canyons.

Outposts and Camps

As expected I did not play any of that this campaign. It is boring.

Mount

Mount feels overnerfed. Centaur jumping with bard song moves faster than the fastest mount right now. Fix should target ability to mount in combat instead of nerfing its movement speed.

Motherloads

With top end training and gear it is now possible to farm motherloads with foreman and trained player duo. Part of the issue is that motherloads are located near R10 forts so players  don’t need a group to protect themselves. It would be great if motherloads stayed group activity in endgame.

Siege

One new bug was found this campaign: when you enter siege zone server disconnects several players and they have to restart client to get back in.    

Combat Meta

• With overnerf to confessor sustain and a good nerf to fall damage, confessors went out of meta.

• Most guilds swapped to Champion/Templar/Support balls and fight is now decided by who has biggest and most geared ball. It is not fun meta at all.

• On positive side we see more archdruids and myrmidons.

• Ranger is still out of meta with low damage and low sustain while its range got a good buff. It is just missing damage now. Please check Vlaana’s detailed report on ranger damage potential.

• Assassins are dropping out of meta too since more and more people start playing tanks.

• Duelist still needs a valuable promotion

Campaign rewards

This campaign brought scarcity system and while it was a move in the right direction, it did not change balance of forces. All the most active and hardcode guilds stayed stacked in one side: Order on EU and Balance on NA. Both campaign ended with a clear winner 3 days before the end and big gap in points and power efficiency.

It happened because 30 rewards for winning factions is just enough to cover all active players. Winning factions, stacked with 2-3 guilds with 10-15 active players each, share all goldies perfectly. They don’t need to fight each other as long as there is enough rewards for everyone.

Without improvements to rewards system we will see more guilds joining winning factions and totally blown out campaigns.

Economy

This is a new topic, that I would not normally bring into PvP feedback, but I have to. With crafters reaching top end training and gear and hitting caps, we are going into epic/legendary harvesting/crafting zone. And here is what we got.

GDHFEZX.png

Top rolled blue amulet, which is accessible to the most of the players, has twice less stats then top rolled legendary amulet . It is obvious that if you want to stay competitive you have to aim for legendary and epic gear.

I have maxed out Jewelcrafter with 165 experimentation vs 140 Legendary difficulty on “Are you insane?” mode. Even though my experimentation is higher that difficulty, a typical distribution of 10 rolls includes a failure/3 success/3 good success/and rest great/amazing successes. Since it is a battle gear, durability matters and has the same distribution. You have to large reroll that for 10 amazings and huge stats boost. And you need… 10 chaos embers! Amulet has at least 3 critical stats that needs to be rerolled: first stat, second stat and final combine, which results in 30 embers per craft. Battle ring requires 4 rerolls and 40 embers.

What is the problem? Chaos embers drop rate is terrible and heavily inconsistent. The most effective way to farm chaos ember is to have maxed out Logger chopping trees in its own EK. From my experience you get from 0 to 7 ember per 20 minutes and from 3 to 18 embers per hour depending on luck. Let's say that average for a top geared “chaos ember farmer” is 10 per hour. Then I have to spend 3 hours of the most boring EK trees chopping to get that sweet legendary amulet. For a legendary set I will have to get minimum 450 chaos embers which equals 45 hours of tree chopping in EK. It is a week of full-time job to get a set that will break in two weeks of active fighting. And fixes to beneficial bugs are coming.

Question is: why? Crowfall is promised PvP game, why we have such a huge gap between most accessible blue gear and “lets work full-time” legendary gear? Why do we have to do the most boring PvE activity for a top end PvP gear? Why do PvE hardcore grinders have a huge gear advantage over people who play a few hours a day mostly PvPing?

Suggestions:

• Decrease gap between blue and legendary gear from 200% to 20%.

• Make chaos embers drop rate much bigger in campaign world.

Edited by ComradeAma

9 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

Move R10 resources from keeps and forts to adventure canyons.

💯 👍🏾  

9 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

Most guilds swapped to Champion/Templar/Support balls and fight is now decided by who has biggest and most geared ball. It is not fun meta at all.

Yup.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:53 AM, moneda said:

Improvements to combat are needed in order to discourage cramming as many bodies into a space as possible. This really has been a spot lacking in Crowfall's combat since the very first "adjustment" to Aurora Emitter, a power I haven't seen used in months. Firewall lacks any punch, and its usage could be considered a hindrance to your own victory considering how many people are running Elementalist currently. Divine Light's only a concern if it's being used to heal people in smaller scale combat situations, and is easily avoided.

After a keep wall comes down the key to victory is a massive blob of plate-wearing hooligans dog-piling the nearest target until there are no more targets. I'd love to see that changed.

Body blocking and melee focus firing should be available tactics but there should also be viable counters to them.

53 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

Suggestions:

• Decrease gap between blue and legendary gear from 200% to 20%.

• Make chaos embers drop rate much bigger in campaign world.

I 100% agree with this

53 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

Both campaign ended with a clear winner 3 days before the end and big gap in points and power efficiency.

EU was a close race (and still is) idk about NA

Chaos had a genuine chance on NA until time change and wasn't able to take any keeps that night.

Closer than last one. It's unfortunate Order took the campaign off.

Posted (edited)

new campaign: backstab isn't making you pop out of stealth again!

Cancel that, switching zones fixed it :) 

Edited by Fefner

Just started playing in the new campaign, Trial of Valkyn and I used  unarmed strikes and was hitting from 6 to 10 damage per strike.  This is more realistic than the 50ish I was hitting last round.

muynxkM.png

c9ot8qE.png 

EKs and seizures 

Not sure if this has been talked about anywhere yet (too lazy to look) but the constant quick zone screens when trying to walk anywhere in EKs really bothers me in a way that feels like it could trigger seizures in someone who is sensitive to that sort of thing. It is not just that it is annoying but it actually causes some discomfort and i have to look away from the screen (also i assume these are loading screens based on the art the flickers up)

Posted (edited)

Having connection issues where I am getting kicked back to the character screen

Windows needed an update, did that and connection good

Edited by Devonic
added "Windows needed an update, did that and connection good"

Bugs:

- There used to be a visual effect associated with having the Exposed debuff placed on you from stealth. Like a target appearing above your head. It doesn't seem to appear anymore.

- When I open the map to this zone in particular, it displays no flags for the keep, the forts or any claimed outposts. 

AbanXnP.png

These 3 spiders died so close together that I could not loot one of them, until I skinned the one corpse, so that it disappeared.

duA0Trm.png

Before, when harvesting and a crit chance showed up, the first of two hits would crit, while a second hit that was in the crit zone would fail.  

Now, the second hit in the crit field, lands a critical.

Thanks for that fix

While attempting to load into zones, I get preparing terrain....then leaving world and I get kicked back into the lobby, been happening for a while now and its only effected me during this patch. Sometimes happens even when there is hardly anyone on the server so its not that the zone is full. Reloading the game normally works but its just damn annoying.

Hi All,

Anyone else get this error when trying to load the live patcher/launcher? Is there a fix??? Has happened both when I tried to update from my install and a fresh install.

WebGet_Error_499

No Error

Failed To Access Content On Network

Read Operation