Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.4 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 2/26/19

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

It's a guild game bromego.  You can choose to be in the minority and run but that comes with not being able to contribute as much.  Good luck getting end game vessels, gear and contributing 100% solo.  The game is designed to need teams of people to harvest and craft every aspect of the game.  Fights are going to be balanced around sieges.  How are you ever going to compete with 40? 50? 100 people all working in concert? 

Not to get to off topic, but your point is pretty silly to be honest. I have end game gear currently that I got solo via trading, bartering, and buying. I can still contribute to siege fights by showing up and helping to defend the walls or charge in with rest when the walls come down. The DREGS are very much designed to be a GUILD campaigns and I don't plan to play there. I do plan to be part of a FACTION which entails gives me a side that I can contribute to. I've been a solo player for pure PvP reasons in DAoC, Albion Online, and quite a few other team based PvP games and have never had issues obtaining end game gear and having a good time.

I do get you feel the need to be part of something b/c that is how you enjoy the game and that is great, but please don't dictate to other's how the game should be played based off your single-mindedness. Granted it's harder on solo players, but I enjoy the challenge and I get it's not for everyone and that is why I don't push my personal agenda on other's. However please keep in mind that there are other play-styles and CF is very aware of this otherwise it would just be a ton of Keeps and open space for large fights with nothing else going on.

2 hours ago, Sorrows said:

Not to get to off topic, but your point is pretty silly to be honest. I have end game gear currently that I got solo via trading, bartering, and buying. I can still contribute to siege fights by showing up and helping to defend the walls or charge in with rest when the walls come down. The DREGS are very much designed to be a GUILD campaigns and I don't plan to play there. I do plan to be part of a FACTION which entails gives me a side that I can contribute to. I've been a solo player for pure PvP reasons in DAoC, Albion Online, and quite a few other team based PvP games and have never had issues obtaining end game gear and having a good time.

I do get you feel the need to be part of something b/c that is how you enjoy the game and that is great, but please don't dictate to other's how the game should be played based off your single-mindedness. Granted it's harder on solo players, but I enjoy the challenge and I get it's not for everyone and that is why I don't push my personal agenda on other's. However please keep in mind that there are other play-styles and CF is very aware of this otherwise it would just be a ton of Keeps and open space for large fights with nothing else going on.

I’d love to see the quality of the end game gear your purchased.  How many rerolls did you get?  Philo stone on the vessel?  I promise you that just because it’s blue or epic color does not mean it’s “end game”.  It would be ridiculous to have to farm all that purple ore, 85 embers (for the just the weapon), another 50+ for your vessel, the minerals, the gems, any wood, dig up the epic parts and craft it on the 8+ accounts needed to do all of that.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

I’d love to see the quality of the end game gear your purchased.  How many rerolls did you get?  Philo stone on the vessel?  I promise you that just because it’s blue or epic color does not mean it’s “end game”.  It would be ridiculous to have to farm all that purple ore, 85 embers (for the just the weapon), another 50+ for your vessel, the minerals, the gems, any wood, dig up the epic parts and craft it on the 8+ accounts needed to do all of that.  

Why do you insist it's so hard for him to find people with the skill to craft what he needs? Or be willing to charge him for creation and mats? Or tell him the mat requirements if he wants to farm it himself? If you think end game gear is purpled out, then most people aren't. If  you take it as gear to be competitive, that's not as high a bar to reach. He plays quite a bit and has been bartering from the start. 

He has hit my guild up for some, and we are quite capable of crafting quality items. Items, I will add, we don't half-ass and try to pawn off on people that don't know better. He has a regular artisan for other needs.

Not sure why him doing it alone has rubbed you the wrong way.

5 hours ago, mandalore said:

Yes I farmed over 100+ Embers and I'm a mix of blue and purple gear that is quite good including a recent epic Vessel. It was crafted by quite a few different people/players from different guilds such as Winterblades who to my knowledge have some of the best crafters in game. I didn't farm all the mats, I bought most of them which is how I will obtain the gear later on as well, once the full economy loop comes online.

Sorry you seem to have a problem with my play-style, but I honestly could careless what you think or how you feel. Please don't pollute the boards with your poor attempt to flame. Also just b/c I don't want this to dissolve any further since it's a feedback thread I'm removing myself from anything that is non-feedback on this thread.

Just some feedback from a new player.

Is there a mechanic built in to encourage players to spend time harvesting materials or actually playing?  I might be wrong, but as far as I can tell, if I spend an hour harvesting, I gain the same number of skill points as when I'm offline for an hour.  If there isn't yet, I would suggest adding a slight boost to skill point acquisition to players actively playing.  Maybe a x1.25 skill point rate as opposed to a x1.00.

Also, when a tip appears, if I'm in the middle of an action, it disappears before I can read it.  Maybe place a dismiss button on it and have the tip appear on the side of the screen.  Or add an in game log of what tips have appeared. 

Sorry if any of this was covered already.  I've only been playing a few days.  The game is looking good so far and can't wait to see how it looks in the future.

6 minutes ago, dantonas said:

Just some feedback from a new player.

Is there a mechanic built in to encourage players to spend time harvesting materials or actually playing?  I might be wrong, but as far as I can tell, if I spend an hour harvesting, I gain the same number of skill points as when I'm offline for an hour.  If there isn't yet, I would suggest adding a slight boost to skill point acquisition to players actively playing.  Maybe a x1.25 skill point rate as opposed to a x1.00.

Also, when a tip appears, if I'm in the middle of an action, it disappears before I can read it.  Maybe place a dismiss button on it and have the tip appear on the side of the screen.  Or add an in game log of what tips have appeared. 

Sorry if any of this was covered already.  I've only been playing a few days.  The game is looking good so far and can't wait to see how it looks in the future.

They don't plan to touch the passive skill point rate. It's one of the mechanics in the game to prevent the large gap between active/casual players. They have however talked about adding in XP for harvesting and crafting for the Vessel you are using.

Unsure on the Tip Message it could be bugged, but they plan to add a channel for all incoming system messages such as keeps/forts/towers under attack and I wouldn't be surprised if tips found there way into that channel as well. 

Hope that helps. Cheers.

1 minute ago, Sorrows said:

They don't plan to touch the passive skill point rate. It's one of the mechanics in the game to prevent the large gap between active/casual players. They have however talked about adding in XP for harvesting and crafting for the Vessel you are using.

Unsure on the Tip Message it could be bugged, but they plan to add a channel for all incoming system messages such as keeps/forts/towers under attack and I wouldn't be surprised if tips found there way into that channel as well. 

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Thanks for the info.  That makes a lot more sense.

33 minutes ago, moneda said:

All of the animal mobs with a charge/leap/dash ability need a cooldown added to it. 

Definitely saw this too. I was using an Ranger/Archer and their ability to close the gap from the range cap was insane. Even with traps laid and using disengage. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 1:47 PM, mandalore said:

Why?  It's not a solo based game.  They have said dozens of times its a game for guilds/groups/factions.  It's not a solo game. 

DOES THAT MEAN I CAN’T PLAY SOLO?

You can absolutely play solo, but the universe itself is a shared environment. Many of the game systems are designed to entice you to interact with other players.

It isn't a solo game but I see no reason why solo or smaller guilds can't have a good time. Will they be single handedly winning campaigns? Not a chance, but winning campaigns might not be the only goal. Having fun is sort of important for some people. Not everyone wants to 2nd job a video game, play/do things they don't want but the guild needs, and be told how to play.

The way ACE has described the economy and EKs, it seems they want players crafting/selling/trading/offering goods n services to others. If all guilds are all-inclusive, will be a pretty dead economy.

They've said that never leaving the EKs and being a merchant could be a way to play this thing. Don't need 500 guild mates backing you up in the EK.

Obviously Dregs will be GvG focused but doesn't mean solo or small groups couldn't have a bit of fun as well. Factions will most likely be more accessible to a wider audience and having a pre-built team comes in handy for those that don't want to be part of guild of any size.

If there is only one way to play this game, ACE will have failed at their mission IMO.

My concern is I've yet to see much risk v reward where being solo would ever be rewarded compared to just out gearing/numbering others. Hopefully they think up mechanics that reward taking chances and being at a disadvantage. The Bloodstone Campaign mentioned back at the start was a lot more interesting then stand in a circle.

Edited by APE

4 hours ago, APE said:

DOES THAT MEAN I CAN’T PLAY SOLO?

You can absolutely play solo, but the universe itself is a shared environment. Many of the game systems are designed to entice you to interact with other players.

It isn't a solo game but I see no reason why solo or smaller guilds can have a good time. Will they be single handedly winning campaigns? Not a chance, but winning campaigns might not be the only goal. Having fun is sort of important for some people. Not everyone wants to 2nd job a video game, play/do things they don't want but the guild needs, and be told how to play.

The way ACE has described the economy and EKs, it seems they want players crafting/selling/trading/offering goods n services to others. If all guilds are all-inclusive, will be a pretty dead economy.

They've said that never leaving the EKs and being a merchant could be a way to play this thing. Don't need 500 guild mates backing you up in the EK.

Obviously Dregs will be GvG focused but doesn't mean solo or small groups couldn't have a bit of fun as well. Factions will most likely be more accessible to a wider audience and having a pre-built team comes in handy for those that don't want to be part of guild of any size.

If there is only one way to play this game, ACE will have failed at their mission IMO.

My concern is I've yet to see much risk v reward where being solo would ever be rewarded compared to just out gearing/numbering others. Hopefully they think up mechanics that reward taking chances and being at a disadvantage. The Bloodstone Campaign mentioned back at the start was a lot more interesting then stand in a circle.

I guess my question is this:  should 1 person ever be able to contribute as much as a team of people working in concert? 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

13 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I guess my question is this:  should 1 person ever be able to contribute as much as a team of people working in concert? 

Contribute to what?

4 minutes ago, APE said:

Contribute to what?

Anything?  Should 1 person every out contribute multiple people working in concert? 

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Anything?  Should 1 person every out contribute multiple people working in concert? 

I see nothing wrong with a solo player capturing a POI, especially if they are designed for smaller forces. If 1 player takes a POI worth 100 points, they get it all. If X do, they get X/100 each. Both would contribute the same to their faction.

A single player taking out a shot caller in a large fight might do more in a faction fight then a group just smacking people around and watching the health bars not move

A single player is not going to win a siege or campaign solo. Crafting and Harvesting clearly reward team work more then solo.

You might not understand why someone would want to play this type of game alone or even in small group, that's fine. People find ways to entertain themselves and ACE would be smart to cater to as many as possible within the basic design they've presented.

If this was a "guild game only" then we should need to be in one before leaving the starting area. Would love to see how many sign up for that game. They could actually spend 5 minutes on making guild systems as well...

18 minutes ago, APE said:

I see nothing wrong with a solo player capturing a POI, especially if they are designed for smaller forces. If 1 player takes a POI worth 100 points, they get it all. If X do, they get X/100 each. Both would contribute the same to their faction.

A single player taking out a shot caller in a large fight might do more in a faction fight then a group just smacking people around and watching the health bars not move

A single player is not going to win a siege or campaign solo. Crafting and Harvesting clearly reward team work more then solo.

You might not understand why someone would want to play this type of game alone or even in small group, that's fine. People find ways to entertain themselves and ACE would be smart to cater to as many as possible within the basic design they've presented.

If this was a "guild game only" then we should need to be in one before leaving the starting area. Would love to see how many sign up for that game. They could actually spend 5 minutes on making guild systems as well...

Shadowbane had the same mind frame in a minority of its players and they all got smashed and left.  I suspect a repeat in CF. 

wiDfyPp.png

47 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Shadowbane had the same mind frame in a minority of its players and they all got smashed and left.  I suspect a repeat in CF. 

Large guilds get smashed and leave too (looks at current Trials).

I only briefly played SB as it was a hot mess early on so can't speak to what did or didn't work. DAoC I do have experience with and solo/small groups not only had things to do but were rather important in some situations. This without things being specifically built for them.

If CF is just a zergy melee ball, I expect it to do about as well as SB. At least the ball can move around a bit...

IMO it appears ACE is trying to build from the past and not repeat it. The current design shows no sign that solo/small groups can't enjoy themselves and potentially be helpful to their faction and even guilds if they are looking for outside muscle, merchants, scouts, whatever.

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

No they didn't. It was very easy to be errant in Shadowbane. And even people in guilds/nations constantly went out to solo farm/gank. Some might have. Other certainly did because of the amount of issues with the game. Or maybe they got burned out. Or just bored when if you weren't farming something specific and had no one to fight, it was just boring af.