Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.4 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 2/26/19

The Stealth STAT is not working properly, at all, I almost think it's doing the opposite of its intended function, I have 56.25 stealth and someone who just equipped the Molehunter discipline with no other perception bonuses can see me from over 30m away.

Posted (edited)

This is getting ridiculous, game is damn near unplayable right now.  

Typical session:

Log in, get to campaign select, choose character, enter campaign.  Loading, loading, loading....dumped to camp select.  Repeat x3, enter game.  Frozen for 20-30 seconds.  Move character, stuttering, lag, minifreezes.  Game gets it's act together, proceed with occasional stuttering and lag.  Have audacity to enter a different zone.  Loading, loading, loading...dumped to campaign select.  Reselect character, enter campaign, loading etc, dumped x infinity, now no character can enter campaign.  Quit game, try again in 30 minutes.  

The lag, the stuttering, the freezing; okay, whatever; not ideal but liveable.  The constant disconnects are a problem.  5.8.3 (test) looked like it had this licked, then it re-emerged in 5.3 (live) and has been getting worse ever since. 

Edited by pistkitty

Dropped an item from my inventory into a local chest in the keep today. Three new items appeared in my inventory - a runestone pick, a pile of tin ore, and some ash wood. There was no overflow on my inventory, and I had not been carrying any of those items at any point this campaign.

5 hours ago, pistkitty said:

Typical session:

Log in, get to campaign select, choose character, enter campaign.  Loading, loading, loading....dumped to camp select.  Repeat x3, enter game.  Frozen for 20-30 seconds.  Move character, stuttering, lag, minifreezes.  Game gets it's act together, proceed with occasional stuttering and lag.  Have audacity to enter a different zone.  Loading, loading, loading...dumped to campaign select.  Reselect character, enter campaign, loading etc, dumped x infinity, now no character can enter campaign.  Quit game, try again in 30 minutes.  

The lag, the stuttering, the freezing; okay, whatever; not ideal but liveable.  The constant disconnects are a problem.  5.8.3 (test) looked like it had this licked, then it re-emerged in 5.3 (live) and has been getting worse ever since. 

It feels like your client is going out of memory. Send your log to support@crowfall.com

When the weapon mastery disciplines were removed It was stated that the powers were all moved to other disciplines 

Steal Soul from Dagger mastery seems to have been lost in the transfer .

it was the only power in my opinion that made life steal a viable play style 

Poison paradise is useless and the only other pseudo lifesteal power.. If Poi’son Paradise appliesd to all attacks it would be viable - but it only applies to poison .

let me know if steal soul returns in some form, or If I just haven’t come across it..

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Some of the seams between parcels in the campaign do not quite properly connect in height resulting in a short invisible wall in one direction that cannot be crossed while mounted (on what should be a slight incline that would easily be cleared otherwise). While traveling in the other direction it results in a very short fall. [noticed in Gorro close to the Ismrius gate from the balance gate direction, near the edge of the map]

The Sumptuous Pot Pie says "increases crafting experimentation by 4" in the description but appears to be increasing experimentation points by 4. Not sure if this is working as intended but the description should say "experimentation points" so it's clear. 

22 hours ago, pistkitty said:

Typical session:

I don’t think this is mass issue.  I’ve got little to no performance issues when I play.  I’ve not encountered this from the dozens of people o interact with who play either.  What kind of PC do you have?  

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

4 hours ago, Devonic said:

I get Durable hide off R3 spiders, but only tough hide off R3 Pack Pigs.  

Also, 3 digits on the spliting stack would be nice

CY6SkEw.png

yes, you get different hide from different animals, and you can 3 digit split, just type it

Posted (edited)

1) I strongly recommend to developers note on Sturdy

this one need some nerf or rework. I suggest to reduce the effect of damage reduction by 2 times but also reduce threshold to 50-60% HP.

current situation makes good geared players vs low geared players gap huge difference coz good geared uses ontop of their 45%+ mitigations another mitigation.

also this will nerf pitfighters a bit and other classes who can heal self like templars (unbeaten machine on the sieges).

2) I found the way we can lose item during withdrawing from spirit bank.

Start recall to temple, open spirit bank, right after 1-2 second left on recall take something from spirit bank to inventory.

after you screen loading you can notice what item is gone 😃

Edited by makkon
add bank issue

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

GPU load when sitting idle on the campaign / kingdom selection screen.

almost everytime when i leave game open on this screen my gpu load maxes out and my fans kick in high. stops right away when i close game

12 hours ago, Devonic said:

I get Durable hide off R3 spiders, but only tough hide off R3 Pack Pigs.  

Working as intended:

• Pigs - tough hide
  • Spiders - durable hide
  • Cats - flexible hide
  • Auroch - soft hide
  • Elk & dogs - strong hide
  • Bears - not in yet

When crafting certain recipes, using different combinations of hide will give the creation different properties.

In splitting stack task

when trying to split some things in bottom row of my inventory - would be nice to have whole window visible - it is not.

(p.s.: The CONFIRM and CANCEL buttons try to hide somewhere outside of my monitor screen!! :) )

2 hours ago, InVisio said:

In splitting stack task

when trying to split some things in bottom row of my inventory - would be nice to have whole window visible - it is not.

(p.s.: The CONFIRM and CANCEL buttons try to hide somewhere outside of my monitor screen!! :) )

Similarly, you can lose the UI if the stack in on the right-hand side of your inventory. There's a workaround: start splitting a stack in the upper-left of your inventory, but that shouldn't be required. Also, ESC to cancel the stack split would be nice. Right now that key doesn't cancel / close windows like one would expect.

Posted (edited)

The Leather Shortage as old as Leatherworking.

Its pretty cool that all the animals exist now. It really is.

Here's the problem.

Since the talent update you have multiple builds that have zero option but to wear leather.

Now, lets say I want to gear some mail or plate guys. Take a quick jog around. It generally pretty trivial to find not only multiple motherlodes of various ranks , but a virtual cornucopia of smaller nodes. I've got options. I can assess the best armor stats for people's builds, gear them accordingly with stuff that's useful to them. Make nice HP sticks. Get the right wood stats. Take the guild out for a harvesting run and we've got mats to gear that group in a few hours in blues if not a few purple pieces.

Now, lets say I want to do that for a leather spec. Need Soft Leather for specific damage bonuses on armor? Good luck farming the one r5 spawn on a map with 3 Aurochs in it. How about HP? You want some high tier tough leather so you can have a little more soak to offset your low resists? Good luck finding a pig spawn better than r4.

In fact, if your build needs high tier leather that's not derived from cats or spiders, you're just plain not getting geared. Even if you could find an R8+ spawn (which you can't) of wolves, elk, or aurochs they spawn 3 mobs. 3. In order to supply one harvester enough corpses you need double that.

And the corpses vanish every time day swaps to night and vice versa.

And your leather output tanks every time night falls.

And there's nothing you can do to offset this loss of output. Nothing. No amount of training or buffs that can ensure solid output even in the dead of winter for all other harvesting types can offset the fact you though it would be "fun" to screw over skinning by making skinning and skinning alone suck at night. No amount of training or buffs can magically make more mobs appear, or prevent the mobs you just killed from vanishing, or bump up the quality of the corpses to keep your leather guys geared as well as your metal guys.

This is beyond a resource availability problem. The resource itself, its core functionality, is broken by comparison. Even if the ranks and spawn numbers were fixed, leather and only leather experiences a drop in output on a timer.

Meanwhile if you take a mail or plate template we've got so much metal we're having problems figuring out where to bank it, just as a byproduct of gathering for jewelry and vessels.

And it has been this way for over a year. Only recently did more than 2 leather types even exist in the world. You obviously put a lot of effort in to ensuring there's adequate coverage of metal, wood, and stone types for both scale and rarity spans.

Leather spawns in quantities appropriate for making... well... the leather bits on metal armor and weapons.

Leather has had one shortage or another since skinning and leatherworking have existed. All you really have to do is bump up spawners to 6 mobs and make sure they have the same rarity dispersal around maps as stone, ore, and wood. Leather templates are already at a substantial disadvantage in both HP and mitigations even if we could gear them appropriately. You have a game full of skinners and leatherworkers using literally two types of leather because that's all they can acquire with anything resmbling a sane acquisition rate. It has been this way for the duration of the game. It has never been addressed. You have the mobs now but no attention has been paid to ensuring their sole function for existing, as leather supplies, is sufficient in volume or avaliability to allow leatherworkers to keep pace with blacksmiths in equipping their customers or guildmates.

You have gone out of your way to address the avaliability of every resource type that isn't leather. Your game literally requires people to wear leather stats that are functionally unobtainable at the expected rate of farm. You have at best payed lip service to this issue for the entire time skinning and leatherworking have existed. Literally all we need is 6 mobs spawns, and mob spawns that don't seem to refuse to cap above r6. Why is this so hard to fix?

Edited by Pann
Font size adjusted

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Adding new stacks of Sin after 5 doesn't refresh the oldest Sin stack duration resulting in the stacks falling off faster than they should when you stop basic attacking to use Condemnation.

Would it be possibly to implement a way to differentiate chat names between EU and NA players? Would make it easier to identify who you can and can't group with.

17 hours ago, Staff said:

yes, you get different hide from different animals, and you can 3 digit split, just type it

I know I can 3 digit split, it would be nice to see 3 digits.  Sometimes when I am trying to split, it only takes 1 or 2 digits before it stops taking my input.  So if I am trying to split 203 off of 2000 gold, sometimes it will stop taking my imput at 2 or 20, even though I push 203.  As we can only see 2 digits and I have to look at the keyboard to type, I end up with stack of the wrong number.

I have done this on several computers and the same.