Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.4 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 2/26/19

Returning player from a few years ago here. Loaded up CF on a whim and have been glued to it since!

Improvements

+ Incredible improvement on Framerates. IIRC, last time I played I was hard pressed for 20 frames, today I enjoy 60 while nothing intensive is going on, 40-50 in small combat. Haven't had the chance to get into huge PvP yet, so unsure about that.

+ Love the change from archetypes. Race + Class is much more intuitive and friendlier to different builds

Specific Bugs

- When my Menu screen opens, regardless of method (looting, pressing 'I' etc), I have a ~.5 second freeze. Very obtrusive as it happens every time.

- Items do not automatically stack when pushing between banks and inventory

Class Specific Feedback (Druid):

- I've only played the Druid really. The only class I'm really interested in except the Ranger, but figured I'd spend my time in one primary class.

+ Much more playable than it was two years ago! I can actually heal almost full time without spending %50+ of my time trying to dump essense

- Damage output needs to be reworked I believe. Even stormy drood feels a little low on the DPS-o-meter

- Soloability as anything but Lightning druid feels pretty bad. Earthkeeper is virtually unplayable solo. Archdruid can manage, but not very effective.

- Would like to see some baseline abilities reworked to make a Druid of any specialization workable solo. Ultimately, I'd like to see all druid capable of some basline DPS, just for solo play, with something like Storm Druid getting more AoE and higher damage overall, Archdruid getting higher single target damage but no AoE, and Eachkeeper keeping their baseline DPS.

Needs Work

- Milestone promised an Asia test server, but it's still not here (Japan player here). My ping and Msg are around 250 - 500, sometimes spiking over 1k. I'm on a gigabit connection.

- Mobs are extremely buggy. Unsure what the intent is, but when I aggro a mob, they just sort of stutter in place most the time doing nothing. Other times, they stutter towards me at the speed of mach jesus, so I'm not sure what's up there

- The above stuttering problem applies to other players as well once 10 or more get on the screen.

- New player experience is pretty poor. While it is Alpha, totally get that, I think a good new player experience would vastly improve new player retention, which woul lead to a better testing cohort. Just imo, I'm not a game dev!

- General lagginess seems to be an issue, both network and non-player (other players and mobs) animations

Overall: If the game ran smoother in terms of animations, I could easily see this being my favorite game to play. Right now, even though the framerate got a huge boost (kudos on that, glad to see it!), the game still feels very janky in a not-good way; enemies don't path properly, players and mobs teleport, some loading issues when using dodges (especially long ranged dodge with Wood Elf).

Keep up the awesome work ACE! You guys are amazing.

Posted (edited)

On behalf of some of the harvesters in Caldera :

The rank of the animals is extremely RNG. Something that never happens with ore. Ore and trees will always spawn around the keeps, you have guaranteed R9-10 single nodes and motherloads every campaign. While you might be missing one certain type of ore, the chances are a lot lower than for hide.

Soft hide is impossible to get. Finding a high rank Auroch is almost near impossible and if you find it, the spawn will have between 1-3 Aurochs. Not only do you have to spend around 60% of the time you spend waiting for them to respawn but you also get less hide during the nighttime when the animals change into their Hunger forms. The same thing goes for elks. They are impossible to farm due to their long respawn times/low number of animals at spawn.

I wouldn't complain about the respawn time of the pigs and the respawn time of the wolves. When killing and skinning alone, you are not limited by the pig respawn time, when skinning wolves, even if someone's is helping you, even if there are only three wolves, you will perma skin. But the guarantee that there will be high rank wolves and pigs is so low.

We can ignore the fact that without wolves, aurochs (crafting armor), elks and pigs, I can't make most of the gear. But pig skin is needed for treated leather which is the part that boosts HP on armor.

I think it's unfair that a harvesting profession that has to travel 3 maps to get to rare high rank animals has to spend so much time killing them and bothering with bugs such as animal corpses teleporting, has to farm dust separately/rely on people to bring it to them, is more vulnerable to ganks because they are sitting in one place and losing health, is losing durability on armor and weapons while harvesting, can't make use of Beneficial gear if farming alone.

The least we could get is the hunger forms of the animals removed, more mobs per spawn and a guarantee of a high rank spawn of each animal every campaign.

As for the "corpses disappearing", he just has to loot them before the day-night cycle changes and they will stay on the ground.

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

3 hours ago, Devonic said:

I know I can 3 digit split, it would be nice to see 3 digits.  Sometimes when I am trying to split, it only takes 1 or 2 digits before it stops taking my input.  So if I am trying to split 203 off of 2000 gold, sometimes it will stop taking my imput at 2 or 20, even though I push 203.  As we can only see 2 digits and I have to look at the keyboard to type, I end up with stack of the wrong number.

I have done this on several computers and the same.  

Make sure you keep your cursor over the input box. If you move the cursor away, you will lose focus.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Its pretty cool that all the animals exist now. It really is.

Here's the problem... /snip

2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

The rank of the animals is extremely RNG /snip

Agree with everything said by both.

In isolation, the skinning game loop is not bad. From the perspective of an indy harvester, Profit = (scarcity * tenacity). From a guild logistics perspective, hide is a serious PITA relative to any of the other resources. Ore, stone & trees of all types are scattered across fort and keep plots in clusters of R7+. Stone & ore are well supplied just by farming Motherlodes for gems & minerals, but if you need even more there are nodes everywhere. Hot spots for quality flexible & durable hide are predictable spawns and heavily contested by both allies and enemies alike. Hot spots for strong, tough, & soft hide are few & far between, and must be scouted out. Once word of a good rare spawn gets out, it's not surprising to find a full 5 man camping 6 pigs or 3 auroch.

If leather armor ever makes a serious appearance in the meta, it's going to get much worse.

Edit: I'd add that it makes sad panda sad when you do find a nice spawn, but it's close to an outpost. You have to fight the guards for each of the mobs as they spawn, messing with your Benificial Harvest rotation. Is it possible to have mobs & guards ignore each other?

Edited by VaMei

Posted (edited)

As is, switching trays is awkward. IMO:

1.  When I select a tray, switch to that tray NOW, not after the current animation. If abilities are not available because my avatar hasn't caught up, grey them out.
  2. A stance key should not toggle me between stances. If I'm hammering my Z key, I should shift to combat stance and stay there, not dance in and out of survival stance. I can't tell you how many players I've tried to skin while they're killing me.
Edited by VaMei

Posted (edited)

I'd also like to emphatically repeat my initial feedback on night hunger mobs.

Even without their effect on leather mobs going hunger at night is lame and it would be much better if their transition to hunger forms was a function of seasons or stumbling in to/spawning in a hunger shard zone.

Having mobs be hungered and then... not again all the time robs the hunger of its one narrative and mechanical  purpose,  to be the slowly encroaching and all consuming final death of the world that must be beaten back.

The hunger in its current state beats itself back every morning. I said it sucked before you did it and it doubly sucks given the lens of its effects on the already beleaguered skinning profession.

Also night is virtually indistinguishable from day and winter is virtually indistinguishable from spring but these are wider reaching and more work intensive cosmetic issues.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

Here some of my feedback about crowfall large scale battle. As usual, English is not my native language. Keep in mind that my feedback is based on people having equal gears.

I found a lot of post on this forum complaining about the Pitfighter champion (I do not play it and I agree they are a pain) however does the problem lie in the class itself?
In the following argumentation, I will try to explain my view on this tanky meta.  For me, it is a combinaison of several factors which created such dirty meta (personnal opinion).

DD = Damage dealer classes

The DD (all leather classes, the true heroes! Survival at its fitness 🤥)
One sentence is enough, I found that most of the DD lake a ton of base damages.
Except for assassin which is almost balanced (I only speak about damages here, not mobility or sustain) and good to gank people harvesting in the wild, others classes are so way behind.

The lake of heavy AOE to control/perturbate the path of the battle does contribute to the tank impunity.

In this part, I will explain why I personnaly find the passive trees really bad
On one hand, the armor tree give player a direct reward independent from their class to decrease damage taken which provides an higher damage output on long terme battle.
On the other hand, the weapon tree is laking and player has to pick several useless passives to reach better one. As the DD are lacking so much base damages this tree does not help them to provide higher burst.
From my point of view, most decent players would like to go in the armor tree first then to the weapon tree.

This choice made by most players has for effect to reduce the overoll burst output of a group.

This part concerns the disciplines
The disciplines (major or minor) are heavily oriented toward defense. Either these disciplines give invulnerability towards an element or scale with equipment.
For example, the minor discipline "sturdy" scale with better equipment making it too strong at the later stage of the game.
Moreover this aspect of the game is intensified because there is almost no discipline scaling with damage.
"Sparring" and "Uniform set" provide flat damages increase and Glass canon is not clear (the text desciption says "Makes no sense. At all.", I agree with this statement).
The only real discipline available to set up a "burst" is the new "force mage" discipline modifying your final damage modifier. But again, all the combo stuff mainly ruin it. For example: In big team fight, you are focusing someone, you start a combo and another group switch target to help you and you see your ennemy health going low, you would like to use "Force mage" active between two combo spells in order to finish him. However, you cannot and you ennemy survive.

The lack of choice to increase damage output and the low versatility of those disciplines make them not interesting.

Equipments, the last but not the least:
Plate set provides a lot of mitigation and an heavy HP pool. It increases the HP efficiency so much that it become insane.
Mail set is almost as the plate set with a small bonus on the damage side.
Leather set, the trade between mitigation/HP for +2,5% damage is basically a mathematical mistake 🎓. DD need to have enough damage to take advantage of this.
Moreover, the leather recipies require so much leather than plate/mail gears and participate in another vicious circle towards the heavy classes.

Recently I found a post complaining about scarcity of leather, which is true:

5 hours ago, Grimarr said:

Last campaign, players complained about high level Iron scarcity and that seems to have been addressed this campaign.  I would like to bring attention to Skinning Mob scarcity, especially Aurochs.

Auroch skinning gives Soft leather.  Soft leather is used in all leather crafting sets and in -crit hit chance combat armor.  Both are high demand builds

However, I feel sorry to see the second part. Leather classes live to deal more damages. If people thinks about defense before increasing damage, it amplifies the gap between damage versus mitigation. Basically, It means that the stats boosting damage are not interesting.

Others:

Ultimate feel more like basic spell, it is charging to fast. A lot of class are spamming them like candy, this also contribute to their survivability in combat.

Another way the game is limiting instant burst is combo, there are too many of them making burst almost impossible to set. Another example, "absolution" (confessor spell) which remove the sins from the target so you cannot make a focus with 5/6 confessor on the same one to burst it down.

Conclusion:

Managing so much statistiques by percentages create a lot of disparities (trees, items, talents, ...).🎓

With all those problems accumulating, the tanky classes with plate or mail are above others due to health pool efficiency.

This contribute to ridiculous situations such as mail assassin tanking 20 people for more than 30 seconds and leaving alive, fight longer than 45 minutes without any death.

Edited by Vlaana

The passive Command skill "Group Leader Inspired Beneficial Harvest Chance: All" is granting .05% instead of 5% as listed in the tool tip.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:00 AM, Phr00t said:

Please fix the "overflow/dropped equipped item" bug that exists with High Elves and Guineceans, and anyone running Fashion Statement or Hand of Glory ASAP

Please fix ASAP. having to spirit bank something every time we die just to not lose an EQUIPPED ITEM is awful.

Posted (edited)

5.8.5 report.

Yay for bug fixes!

Once this goes live you will finally be able to see how the gathering game is working. (ps check bene harvest power on the iron iron iron combo, it is still working way to strong for the numbers due to that pesky decimal point. It pegs power at 75% chance to crit still. on test just checked it.)

And in bug fixing those last couple issues the true brilliance of the system can be shown. 

Hopefully when the screaming starts on just how horribly unfun it is, you will get the rebalancing started on the tentpole of the crowfall universe. 

Hopefully.

Edited by srathor

Posted (edited)

@vkromas @Stumpstuff

The TEST 5.8.5 Feedback thread is locked, so I'm just going to post my feedback here, then copy it over there once you unlock it.

Minotaur:

• Minotaurs can now load out Bull Rush into a Ranged Tray.

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS! MY ONE-MAN LOBBY HAS FINALLY PAID OFF! 🕺

Couldn't resist :PAlright, to the feedback:

March 4, 2019

• Minotaurs can, in fact, place Bull Rush into the ranged tray.
    • Minotaurs' other racial power, Bloodthirst, still uses class resource, though (No other racial power uses class resource)
  • When going into stealth as a Minotaur Ranger Brigand, the Duelist dirt pile animation shows up  and you can't get rid of it. Haven't tested with other Brigand races or with other stealth powers/classes
  • Created a new Elken vessel and was granted 5 different Headbutt charges. 1 was the racial Elken Headbutt and the other 4 were NPC Satyr Headbutt Charges of varying distances from 10m to 40m.
    • The 40m charge is epic, plz make someway, somehow to get a 40m charge!
    • Also, can't wait to see these new mobs you've been teasing for awhile now :D
  • The stealth lmb still removes you from stealth, even if you don't hit anything. Super annoying, especially with a mousepad.
  • My eternal kingdom launches, by default, in US West Oregon and I can't change it. The gear icon does nothing.
  • New campaign art stuff is nice, not needed for EKs tho.
  • Did you guys do some backend stuff? I didn't have to fight my way into the campaign or into my kingdom. or maybe it's just because there was hardly anyone on. Felt good nonetheless.
  • Is it intended that your character doesn't sprint anymore when they have the Trailblazer/Trailmaster buff? It's been broken for awhile now, just wasn't sure if it was intended or not.
  •  If you have items in your inventory and equipped on you when you enter a CW, they come with you. PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY! At least until you implement a system that properly deals with items in your inventory/equipped when entering a Campaign.
Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

19 minutes ago, srathor said:

5.8.5 report.

Yay for bug fixes!

Once this goes live you will finally be able to see how the gathering game is working. (ps check bene harvest power on the iron iron iron combo, it is still working way to strong for the numbers due to that pesky decimal point. It pegs power at 75% chance to crit still. on test just checked it.)

And in bug fixing those last couple issues the true brilliance of the system can be shown. 

Hopefully when the screaming starts on just how horribly unfun it is, you will get the rebalancing started on the tentpole of the crowfall universe. 

Hopefully.

I dunno, I think harvesting feels fine to me (especially with training), I think the recipes themselves require too many resources.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Blackguard feedback and bugs

Poison paradise toolltip says it "raises lifesteal by 8% if you equip nature or XXX poison

It does not. It only gives you back 8% on poison damage- which is a VERY small amount of total damage ( and diffusion is useless with nature poison so you cant do big damage at all with a blackguard with nature poison( No big finisher)

This is the capstone of blackguard and needs fixing quickly.. 

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Posted (edited)

Connoisseur does not affect hunger shard drops.

unknown.png

base.

unknown.png

With Finer Things

unknown.png

Edited by Hamlet

TEST 5.8.5:

We reported that beneficial chance and beneficial power stats have x100 offset and allow to go over cap of 50% and 100% to 100% and 350%. Beneficial chance was fixed, but beneficial power was not. Why is it half fix?

On 2/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, moneda said:

The Searing Light power (the Flash of Light replacement granted via the "Radical" Cleric promotion line) does not blind enemies as the tooltip states it should.

To follow up on this, the following video contains 6 clips (at 50% speed, a minute long in total) of me using Searing Light. Hits are verified by the combat log but no one I hit gains a blind debuff. What can also be noticed is that the Charging Flash debuff that the caster receives to inhibit the blind affect is gained before both the animation of Searing Light plays and the damage it causes registers to the combat log. 

Holy Symbol is also bugged in some way. It will intermittently remain in the world much longer than it should. In the following video (30 seconds) Auroch mobs spawn in a spot that previously had a Holy Symbol placed there and are immediately damaged and aggro'ed. In the last clip it happens when I'm in the harvesting tray and then the ranged combat tray, and you can see when the animation plays the power isn't even put on cooldown.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, Soulreaver said:

The rank of the animals is extremely RNG. Something that never happens with ore. Ore and trees will always spawn around the keeps, you have guaranteed R9-10 single nodes and motherloads every campaign. While you might be missing one certain type of ore, the chances are a lot lower than for hide.

Soft hide is impossible to get. Finding a high rank Auroch is almost near impossible and if you find it, the spawn will have between 1-3 Aurochs. Not only do you have to spend around 60% of the time you spend waiting for them to respawn but you also get less hide during the nighttime when the animals change into their Hunger forms. The same thing goes for elks. They are impossible to farm due to their long respawn times/low number of animals at spawn.

I wouldn't complain about the respawn time of the pigs and the respawn time of the wolves. When killing and skinning alone, you are not limited by the pig respawn time, when skinning wolves, even if someone's is helping you, even if there are only three wolves, you will perma skin. But the guarantee that there will be high rank wolves and pigs is so low.

We can ignore the fact that without wolves, aurochs (crafting armor), elks and pigs, I can't make most of the gear. But pig skin is needed for treated leather which is the part that boosts HP on armor.

I think it's unfair that a harvesting profession that has to travel 3 maps to get to rare high rank animals has to spend so much time killing them and bothering with bugs such as animal corpses teleporting, has to farm dust separately/rely on people to bring it to them, is more vulnerable to ganks because they are sitting in one place and losing health, is losing durability on armor and weapons while harvesting, can't make use of Beneficial gear if farming alone.

The least we could get is the hunger forms of the animals removed, more mobs per spawn and a guarantee of a high rank spawn of each animal every campaign.

As for the "corpses disappearing", he just has to loot them before the day-night cycle changes and they will stay on the ground.

As a main skinner in Horizon, all of this is very very true!

Skinners also need those mother nods of leather that has been talked about.

p.s Stop ganking me! ;) 

9 hours ago, coolster50 said:
  • Is it intended that your character doesn't sprint anymore when they have the Trailblazer/Trailmaster buff? It's been broken for awhile now, just wasn't sure if it was intended or not.

You can only sprint in combat. That's been the case for quite a while now. Has nothing to do with the buffs.