Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Zone Caps

23 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

There is no animosity toward any member of your guild due to their  "leaving" Winterblades. There is certainly some bad blood as a result of the actions and statements of your guild members since those same ex-Winterblades joined your ranks. While that bad blood has caused way too much drama on these boards for my taste...they do lead to some good fights from time to time...  and isnt that what this game is all about?

Wish there were more of them tbh but with you guys being allied with HoA it realy makes it hard to get rather fair fights, take the keep today for example the numbers were round the same but it was a roll over simply cause gear difference so large your guild and HoA are the 2 most geared guilds in the game. Chaos would need double your number to even provide you a good fight, each time we loose a keep makes it harder for them to get geared aswell.
with the current state of the game with your two guild allied on one faction it is hurting the game overall and were not out of pre apha yet that all i wanna say to ya man, i respect you guys but i cant stand here while your alliance hurts the game because you wanna ally with the other guild that would offer you a good fight. This campaign will be another one sided thing were you own all keeps again by day 2 atleast we managed to slow you down this time so you didnt get them all day 1.

On another personal note would like to see more honorable duel from WB everytime i almost kill one another one rocks up :P hahaha all i ask is u let me finish that fight and let me be on my way wont even take his head or items i just wanted a fair 1v1 that doesnt turn into a 2+v1 :P But i dont expect that tpo happen assisting allies is how it meant to be played.

Edit: I will say the jah spying realy gets frustrating though makes it hard to farm or doing anything with a small group cause a winterblade group is out looking for you shortly after sockpuppet appears in zone /who is a silly feature in faction games like this where u have no way to deal with spies when you identify them

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

4 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Wish there were more of them tbh but with you guys being allied with HoA it realy makes it hard to get rather fair fights

So what is a fair fight to you?  I think maybe you and I define this differently.

Assuming that we have better gear (something i don't necessarily concede), its because we've invested the time and effort into harvesting and crafting that gear. I will not apologize for investing that time and properly preparing our forces for combat. You can try to compete...or simply complain about how your lack of effort or organization has rendered the playing field uneven. In either respect...we will continue to bring the fights wherever or whenever available. See you on the field!

Can we please keep to talking about zone caps? Guild politics is not what the forum is meant for, and the numbers for who dont matter, and the faction spying doesnt matter in this thread.

It is ridiculous that the best way to win a siege is to afk as many people as you can in zone prior to siege to make sure enemy has least possible.

Please consider slowly upping it and tracking performance as you do? Can we get 150?

@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair

Increasing the zone cap is what is ultimately necessary.  Until that is possible, I really like the idea of capping the zone by faction.  This, unfortunately, could be abused.  The only real solution is to increase the zone cap.

Last night should have been a good stress for multiple zones and I'd like to hear what @jtoddcoleman and @thomasblair have to say about it once they've processed that data.

Increasing cap to 100 per faction per zone would most likely handle the vast majority of fights we're seeing right now, if they think that'd be possible.

I didn’t even bother coming home and logging in to the siege when I heard there was was que to get in.  This definitely impacts the disorganized smaller guilds who think they can login closer to the bane.  We suspected there would be numbers over the cap so we ensured people would be on and ready before the fights started.  That’s a bad way to have to play and an even worse way to have to defend.  

8 hours ago, Jah said:

Totally agreed. /who has to go.

I also agree that /who is bad.  It was bad in SB and it’s bad here.   

@veeshan question for you.  Who’s responsible for chaos’s gear and why does balance have a gear advantage?  Not trying to spin, just trying to get an honest answer about what you think has caused those two dynamics of the current test cycle. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

37 minutes ago, Ble said:

Increasing the zone cap is what is ultimately necessary.  Until that is possible, I really like the idea of capping the zone by faction.  This, unfortunately, could be abused.  The only real solution is to increase the zone cap.

Zone caps suck. No way around it. If you limit total population, you allow one team to flood the zone. If you cap by faction, gear quality goes from being an advantage to an 'I win' when you can't counter quality with quantity. When devs don't set caps, players crash the server to prevent a loss.

I think that in the short term, there is no good answer. 3 teams, 3 zones, & 3 POIs means that each team could  turtle up and prevent an attacker from having superior numbers.

In the long term, I think the answer for will be to have more zones and more POIs. If there are enough POIs spread across enough zones, and faction/alliance X can put enough of them on lockdown to be a problem, they were probably going to win anyway.

38 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Who’s responsible for chaos’s gear and why does balance have a gear advantage?  Not trying to spin, just trying to get an honest answer about what you think has caused those two dynamics of the current test cycle

You still spin the subject though. The problem veeshan was talking about isn't, why you have the best gear (the answer to that is obvious), but that the two best geared guilds are teaming up for the ez win and ruining the fun for alot of other player for almost a month now.

38 minutes ago, Glitchhiker said:

but that the two best geared guilds are teaming up for the ez win

That’s a gross and wildly off assumption about why we have teamed up with Winterblades.  As an outsider looking I’m sure that’s the easiest explanation for you but that’s not accurate.  

1.  We wanted allies who treat the game as serious as we do.  We want to play with like minded people who are as organized and dedicated as we are.  Our guild leaders mesh well, our groups can swap coms and it doesn’t feel like you’ve entered enemy coms.  We wanted people who we didn’t feel like we had to carry to victory. 

2.  We are preparing for the future.  This is a test for us of what will hopefully be a long term alliance going forward.  We want to be ready when larger serious guilds appear on the horizon.  We don’t want to scramble when it happens, we want to be prepared and fortified when it happens.  To be clear I don’t mean death alliance, by the time they rally death will have come in form of old age.  There are bigger fish out there waiting for a game and CF has improved performance enough that some of those guilds will be looking at CF.  We refuse to be caught with our pants down. 

The current community is fractured.  The old guilds have mostly vanished.  A year ago HoA was just Soulein, now it’s a 20+ man guild  dominating fights.  What’s preventing the other guilds from doing the same?  Winning shouldn’t be easy.  Come take it from us. 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Everyone else is talking about raising the zone caps, and I'm over here like, "I lag my balls off with the cap as it is..." 

I figure the limitation is there for that very reason, performance with large groups in question isn't optimized yet. I did see a slight improvement from about 3 weeks ago (literally the last time I was around for a big siege could because with the way the guilds are stacked there are 1-2 good siege nights at the beginning of a campaign and then everyone leaves for 1.5 weeks) but not much. Not enough to warrant me wanting 50 more lagbots running around on my screen... 

Lets talk about bugs. Why did Chaos have to destroy about 5 ballistae from our keep walls last night? Did Order place them to negate any siege opposition, or did Chaos place them and they bugged out? That was a detriment to be sure. 

I'm in full-blown ramble now, but I just want to tie it all together with this: If we're going to lose players, I'd rather the entire HoA or Winterblade guild leave the game at the moment with their "superior knowledgebase blahblah" than I would see an equal number of new, unaffiliated, players leave the game. New eyes are better than ones that are old and bored of testing and would rather instead provide ACE with social experiment results.

You guys know what you're doing in both exploiting/getting the fullest from the game mechanics and in stacking the deck to favor you. It's literally discouraging people from playing the game though. I had 2 people I recently got to buy into the game that quit playing because there wasn't an available option for them to craft with with Balance's 100% dominance. I'm not asking you to "let me hold hands with my friends", I'm asking you to let the game be played as it should be so people can get in, get a feel for the game, and report bugs/contribute ideas for development. 

Until performance is improved for large numbers, though, I don't think the general player base is going to benefit from improved zone caps. I think the main ones to benefit are going to be the already large snowballs of compacted snowflakes that are rolling around already. 

@Samulus

How old is your pc?  Most people I talk to with 2-3 year old rigs run the game smooth enough to play.  The game isn’t 100% optimized but it’s def better than it has ever been. 

I can promise you that HoA/Winterblades are not quitting the game Bc of zone caps.  That’s something that will disproportionately impact the new smaller guilds than it will the neckbeards (myself included) who have been here for years (myself off and on but others have never taken a break).

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

23 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The current community is fractured.  The old guilds have mostly vanished.  A year ago HoA was just Soulein, now it’s a 20+ man guild  dominating fights.  What’s preventing the other guilds from doing the same?  Winning shouldn’t be easy.  Come take it from us. 

I can appreciate your resolve and your strategy. but it's not a full game yet and ACE's development doesn't keep up with the "new and shiny" fast enough for the average solo person buying a package to be interested with this mess.

It's like ACE is building a playground, but half of the equipment doesn't work. Of the working equipment though, there's enough for everyone to basically have an OK time, but then HoA and Winterblades come in and start kicking toddlers off the swings and locking down the playground because "we play to win". We get it, but now there's no one testing the see-saw because you have a 5th grader standing guard over it and charging admission. 

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

@Samulus

How old is your pc?  Most people I talk to with 2-3 year old rigs run the game smooth enough to play.  The game isn’t 100% optimized but it’s def better than it has ever been. 

I can promise you that HoA/Winterblades are not quitting the game Bc of zone caps.  That’s something that will disproportionately impact the new smaller guilds than it will the neckbeards (myself included) who have been here for years (myself off and on but others have never taken a break).

Well it's enough to run anything else these days fairly well, I just upgraded my video card this month with an about 30% upgrade and I still just bog down in siege fights. I get 70-80 fps the rest of the time in game doing anything else, I feel like it's an AMD/ATI thing because my wife is running Intel/nVidia with inferior equipment and getting better performance that I would be at the same specs. 

bruh im rocking a 1060 3gig and an amd 8350 with 18 gigs of ram and I play siege no problem, my rig (graphics card excluded) is coming up to 5 years old. I get low fps sure, but it is smooth enough to contribute. Pretty sure my cpu alone is almost 8 years old. Your issue might be the memory leak, next time restart your client :)

Edited by SoberSoul

19 minutes ago, Samulus said:

Everyone else is talking about raising the zone caps, and I'm over here like, "I lag my balls off with the cap as it is..." 

I figure the limitation is there for that very reason, performance with large groups in question isn't optimized yet. I did see a slight improvement from about 3 weeks ago (literally the last time I was around for a big siege could because with the way the guilds are stacked there are 1-2 good siege nights at the beginning of a campaign and then everyone leaves for 1.5 weeks) but not much. Not enough to warrant me wanting 50 more lagbots running around on my screen... 

Lets talk about bugs. Why did Chaos have to destroy about 5 ballistae from our keep walls last night? Did Order place them to negate any siege opposition, or did Chaos place them and they bugged out? That was a detriment to be sure. 

I'm in full-blown ramble now, but I just want to tie it all together with this: If we're going to lose players, I'd rather the entire HoA or Winterblade guild leave the game at the moment with their "superior knowledgebase blahblah" than I would see an equal number of new, unaffiliated, players leave the game. New eyes are better than ones that are old and bored of testing and would rather instead provide ACE with social experiment results.

You guys know what you're doing in both exploiting/getting the fullest from the game mechanics and in stacking the deck to favor you. It's literally discouraging people from playing the game though. I had 2 people I recently got to buy into the game that quit playing because there wasn't an available option for them to craft with with Balance's 100% dominance. I'm not asking you to "let me hold hands with my friends", I'm asking you to let the game be played as it should be so people can get in, get a feel for the game, and report bugs/contribute ideas for development. 

Until performance is improved for large numbers, though, I don't think the general player base is going to benefit from improved zone caps. I think the main ones to benefit are going to be the already large snowballs of compacted snowflakes that are rolling around already. 

I advise not calling them exploiters dispite its true they abuse any bug/advantage they can get, they mass report you to pann and ull get a warning

Veeshan Midst of UXA