Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Zone Caps

Pretty sure that is not how it works lol. The devs just take the time to keep the trash off of their forums. Its a good quality of life thing. You guys sure assume a lot of wrong things often.... So much animosity :(
Completely unrelated to all of that crap :P, this is an extremely interesting video that all you guys should check out :) 

Edited by SoberSoul

51 minutes ago, SoberSoul said:

bruh im rocking a 1060 3gig and an amd 8350 with 18 gigs of ram and I play siege no problem, my rig (graphics card excluded) is coming up to 5 years old. I get low fps sure, but it is smooth enough to contribute. Pretty sure my cpu alone is almost 8 years old. Your issue might be the memory leak, next time restart your client :)

AMD 8350 as well, 24 gigs of RAM, and an 8g Radeon RX570 and I got into the game after putting my son to bed about 10 minutes before siege. So we are at least on equal footing and I doubt the memory leak got me that early. 

I start jerking tremendously during sieges, and I'm trying to pin down exactly what causes it because the FPS I am listed doesn't jive with what I'm seeing. I had to stop running Radeon relive due to it slowing performance down (the only game I've ever seen relive have an affect on), FPS count listed didn't change in either setting though which is really weird. I almost wonder if it's my HDD, I may need to reinstall on my SSD to see if that helps. 

Again though, I have less instances to pinpoint the problem with only 2 good sieges every 2 weeks lol. 

Edited by Samulus
spelling

1 hour ago, Samulus said:

I had 2 people I recently got to buy into the game that quit playing because there wasn't an available option for them to craft with with Balance's 100% dominance. 

FYI:  You can craft in the keep, forts, and in ALL EKs that EVERYONE has access to.  Hell, even EKs like Aerynth Traders are open to the public 24/7 that have all of the crafting benching available.

These are the things you learn by playing the game.

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

fuzzy bottles, ill call a spade a spade... ppl logging in "extra" toons to lock the zone can go bugger off. You can play the morale high ground, but you know who you are. Second, with these magically appearing chaos that just place poorly made socks on the walls... fuzzy buttons to you and your " morale " high ground. If your e-peen needs to do this...then never claim you want a healthy server and a morale high ground. Also if you are going to "take pics" for zone and claim numbers.. make sure you do your own as well.  screen shot or it didn't happen.

Now on top of this.. get the fuzzy buttons rid of zone caps. Get rid of /who, so stupid to even have these.

now if you feel this was directed at YOU.. it probably is... sooo report away fuzzy belly buttons!!!!!

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

2 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

Also if you are going to "take pics" for zone and claim numbers.. make sure you do your own as well.  screen shot or it didn't happen.

I provided screenshots of /who zone for both chaos and balance during the siege last night. Stop making excuses and find a way to win.

And if what you want is for us to show mercy on you, or for one of the two guilds to join your faction and carry you to victory, you are doing it wrong. Politics matter. You reap what you sow.

IhhQKY6.gif

22 minutes ago, damebix said:

FYI:  You can craft in the keep, forts, and in ALL EKs that EVERYONE has access to.  Hell, even EKs like Aerynth Traders are open to the public 24/7 that have all of the crafting benching available.

These are the things you learn by playing the game.

Interesting, you know, these two people even had a person (me) pass this information along to them and provide these alternatives WITH the added steps that you left out that are basically the actual pain in the ass that restricts you in the first few days of playing. You know, the basically non-equal alternative to just walking into a keep lol.

How would you tell a newbie, Jah, that he has to either A) roll a new character to keep on reserve next campaign for EK's, hence waiting for this one to end, and level him up enough to slot the majors/minors, or B), start a new toon and farm sacrifice-able stuff and shuttle it to him via spirit bank to an EK in a way that doesn't make him feel like he's wasted time playing the toon he's been on? 

I am aware of how to play the game, but I'm not the one that quit playing, so your point is invalid. 

Stop getting in here and defending yourself every time someone speaks out about your band of toddler-pushing 5th graders, Jah. You seem like a pretty smart guy, you surely have the capacity to see where this huge backlash on the forums in the past three weeks has come from. It at least shouldn't be a surprise at this point that people are annoyed. 

EDIT: INB4 "not a solo game, as a guild you should craft their gear for them and show them the ropes". We did that too. Some people just want to craft without a hassle. Maybe it's the game that needs to change, but my point is that forcing stuff like that ahead in ACE's queue of already needed features is innefficient and detrimental for Crowfall's development when caused solely by the community. 

Edited by Samulus

struck a nerve i see.. and last i saw.. you had chaos and order pics... did i miss the balance one ???

as for win.. sure, we will go get some cups and fill them up with some nuts. problem solved :P

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

7 minutes ago, Samulus said:

Interesting, you know, these two people even had a person (me) pass this information along to them and provide these alternatives WITH the added steps that you left out that are basically the actual pain in the ass that restricts you in the first few days of playing. You know, the basically non-equal alternative to just walking into a keep lol.

How would you tell a newbie, Jah, that he has to either A) roll a new character to keep on reserve next campaign for EK's, hence waiting for this one to end, and level him up enough to slot the majors/minors, or B), start a new toon and farm sacrifice-able stuff and shuttle it to him via spirit bank to an EK in a way that doesn't make him feel like he's wasted time playing the toon he's been on? 

I am aware of how to play the game, but I'm not the one that quit playing, so your point is invalid. 

Stop getting in here and defending yourself every time someone speaks out about your band of toddler-pushing 5th graders, Jah. You seem like a pretty smart guy, you surely have the capacity to see where this huge backlash on the forums in the past three weeks has come from. It at least shouldn't be a surprise at this point that people are annoyed. 

Losing any players from the game is unfortunate, but absolutely a inevitable product of this style of game design/testing.  Don't blame the people that are taking the time to min/max the situation, work through the ridiculous inventory management, and develop systems for crafting and gear distribution that work in this currently incomplete design.  We hate it, too, but we're willing to do what we have to do to make the best of the situation.  As for the "huge backlash," most of the people in this thread complaining are from uXa, who have been playing this game almost as long as -W-.  They simply do not want to put in the work to get Chaos geared and organized.  Instead, they decided to run to the forums to complain nonstop for 3 weeks straight.  We've made our choice and they've made their choice.  We prefer winning on the battlefield.

Edited by damebix

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

2 minutes ago, damebix said:

Losing any players from the game is unfortunate, but absolutely a inevitable product of this style of game design/testing.  Don't blame the people that are taking the time to min/max the situation, work through the ridiculous inventory management, and develop systems for crafting and gear distribution that work in this currently incomplete design.  We hate it, too, but we're willing to do what we have to do to make the best of the situation.  As for the "huge backlash," most of the people in this thread complaining are from uXa, who have been playing this game almost as long as -W-.  They simply do not want to put in the work to get Chaos geared and organized.  Instead, they decided to run to the forums to complain nonstop for 3 weeks straight.  We've made our choice and they've made their choice.  We prefer winning on the battlefield.

Now I was polite and did not use names.. I will expect for you to receive  a "Warning" for this... keep it fresh and honest, I sure you are capable of doing that,, right there champ right?

As for the complain, you have already hit the bees nest, it is not just us that are calling you out on poorly made socks. It is not up to us to gear out all of chaos, I am sure we can just find the top geared ppl around and go cup with them and call it good, like someone else we know.

7 minutes ago, damebix said:

I'm not saying we all need to get in a big circle and hug, and I can blame who I want though I'm not blaming any one person in particular. The only point to be made is that these big guilds are creating a bad testing environment, there's no way for anyone to logically refute that. 

I'm not in any of the guilds in question, my opinion seems to be that much more valid by your reasoning. 

Edited by Samulus

There are far too many hurdles to entertainment in every facet of testing that i've experienced, still. Besides the gamebreaking performance issues for most (have we seen a meager 500 people in one campaign yet?), this zone cap issue seems to go against the exact mantra of the development team. But a great deal of long term design decisions have done just that over the years. Regardless of the time required to level a vessel, the xp/time that a player must commit to a new vessel to join end game defies their main selling point. Still very excited and optimistic that we are nowhere near a finished product for any of the systems were testing. 

16 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

It is not up to us to gear out all of chaos, I am sure we can just find the top geared ppl around and go cup with them and call it good, like someone else we know.

I'm still rocking all greens, I do just fine in fights. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

47 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

Also if you are going to "take pics" for zone and claim numbers.. make sure you do your own as well.  screen shot or it didn't happen.

37 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

last i saw.. you had chaos and order pics... did i miss the balance one ???

14 hours ago, Jah said:

Here's the zone numbers at the chaos siege:

chaos:

unknown.png

balance:

unknown.png

IhhQKY6.gif

well fuzzy belly buttons.. .there's the pic, wonder how many on chaos aren't from chaos and are planting stuff on the walls, or just sitting there AFK, not that you would EVER do anything like that, but it makes you wonder.

14 hours ago, Jah said:

100-person zone caps are going to be a big problem with the current server population. Sieges will end up being decided by whoever is willing to stack people in the zone the earliest before the cap is reached. Somehow the situation needs to be improved.

Couldn't make it to last night's siege but I heard one of the zones was locked one hour and a half before the siege? Wut, lol! Yea, they need to look into these zone caps. On top of hardcore farming you now need to do hardcore AFK'ing 😂

5 minutes ago, Samulus said:

The only point to be made is that these big guilds are creating a bad testing environment, there's no way for anyone to logically refute that. 

People have been making this argument since the pre-mades in Hunger Dome.  Guild vs. guild is precisely the environment we need to test, no matter how much it might suck to get trampled by a Winterblades siege team today or crushed by a Sugoi elite five man back in the Dome.  We can test crafting or combat powers all day, but the most vital feedback the developers will ever receive is how the *actual* game will function from an overhead view (and if it's doing so as intended). 

The live game will be about guilds (and alliances) murdering each other to win campaigns within the confines of the campaign world rules.  If we've discovered that the current system is *really* so broken that a couple guilds can ruin the whole thing, I'd say the test environment is working exactly as intended.

pft no salt here son, I am sorry if facts hurt, you must be a snowflake or from California, one or the other.

Edited by weaponsx

7 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

well fuzzy belly buttons.. .there's the pic, wonder how many on chaos aren't from chaos and are planting stuff on the walls, or just sitting there AFK, not that you would EVER do anything like that, but it makes you wonder.

i see at least 1 spy in the chaos pic and confusingly enough, several chaos alts, what exactly was chaos's plan there with having crafting alts in the keep at siege 

hoayaga2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Staff said:

i see at least 1 spy in the chaos pic and confusingly enough, several chaos alts, what exactly was chaos's plan there with having crafting alts in the keep at siege 

There are four "spies" in the pic and I see 3 that i know are "alt" toons of ppl... so no idea whats going on there.. NO idea what ever could be happening.. nothing at all.