Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Zone Caps

The only facts I see here is that uXa has neither the tenacity to win nor the grace to lose with dignity. All they can do is whine. Fortunately, at that they are renowned experts. Please continue shedding more tears... they’ll provide excellent salt for our victory feast.

26 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

People have been making this argument since the pre-mades in Hunger Dome.  Guild vs. guild is precisely the environment we need to test, no matter how much it might suck to get trampled by a Winterblades siege team today or crushed by a Sugoi elite five man back in the Dome.  We can test crafting or combat powers all day, but the most vital feedback the developers will ever receive is how the *actual* game will function from an overhead view (and if it's doing so as intended). 

The live game will be about guilds (and alliances) murdering each other to win campaigns within the confines of the campaign world rules.  If we've discovered that the current system is *really* so broken that a couple guilds can ruin the whole thing, I'd say the test environment is working exactly as intended.

If there already weren't a ton of optimization to be done, features in the pipe, and miscellaneous bugs that have been prevalent since the launch of 5.X.X., I would agree with you. That isn't the case though, and I feel there's very little value in the data drawn from "a couple guilds" exploiting a "broken system", as you put it. Especially when people get discouraged by the drought and instead wait for two weeks, or never, to return to a campaign world. 

Again, justify it how you like. You could exert your dominance on the other guilds and strive for a competitive environment, etc. That would be the most effective way for you guys to "test and get ready for live". You know, by honing your skills via conflict and need. Or you can do what you're doing and run around a week later mid-campaign, hungry for the two fools that showed up to a keep zone during siege hour. 

Edited by Samulus
sp

I’m not sure what a fuzzy belly button is but I need to know. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

poorly made socks, funny how you think this is whining, we are  laughing in discord at the "tactics" you need to go through to win lol. We all know what ya do.. the experts at the " tactics" BWHAHAH don't make me laugh more son.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

3 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I’m not sure what a fuzzy belly button is but I need to know. 

ancient Chinese secret :P

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

5 minutes ago, weaponsx said:

poorly made socks, funny how you think this is whining, we are  laughing in discord at the "tactics" you need to go through to win lol. We all know what ya do.. the experts at the " tactics" BWHAHAH don't make me laugh more son.

Are these the tactics you are referring to?

nah your "tactics" are ones you would never make a video of.

13 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

Are these the tactics you are referring to?

What’s wrong with the video?

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

11 minutes ago, mandalore said:

What’s wrong with the video?

Well, Grad is replying respectfully and logically, and the other person is trolling... so the conversation isn't really going to go anywhere.

there no troll here, i believe he is doing the "trolling"...

37 minutes ago, Samulus said:

If there already weren't a ton of optimization to be done, features in the pipe, and miscellaneous bugs that have been prevalent since the launch of 5.X.X., I would agree with you.

Optimization, bugs, and other features have very little bearing on the current test.  We're testing faction campaign rules.  That's why we're here.  If there's something inherently broken with the faction system, ArtCraft needs to know now while they're actively developing these campaign rules for future play.  The only way they'll know it's broken is if the testers break it, and the current issue is something they would be 100% unable to test without all of us.  There's a reason they call this pre-alpha instead of live.  The devs will either decide we're all playing the way they intended, or they'll make changes so things are more fair (and ultimately, more fun) for everyone involved.

Thankfully, there's been a *lot* of feedback on the current state of the game which ArtCraft will hopefully utilize to its fullest effect.

2 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

Optimization, bugs, and other features have very little bearing on the current test.  We're testing faction campaign rules.  That's why we're here.  If there's something inherently broken with the faction system, ArtCraft needs to know now while they're actively developing these campaign rules for future play.  The only way they'll know it's broken is if the testers break it, and the current issue is something they would be 100% unable to test without all of us.  There's a reason they call this pre-alpha instead of live.  The devs will either decide we're all playing the way they intended, or they'll make changes so things are more fair (and ultimately, more fun) for everyone involved.

Thankfully, there's been a *lot* of feedback on the current state of the game which ArtCraft will hopefully utilize to its fullest effect.

That’s an excellent point Hyriol. In that vein, Balance probably shouldn’t have had one of its groups recall out of the Krim Kingdom last night with less than 10minutes left to go before the siege went Iive to allow Chaos to get more folks into the zone. We should have tried to just block as many Chaos from entering as possible. We might need to reconsider such tactics if they create unrealistic testing conditions.

45 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

Optimization, bugs, and other features have very little bearing on the current test. We're testing faction campaign rules.

Who says they have little bearing? There are plenty of items every set of patch notes that don't directly deal with campaigns, I don't think this is a true statement at all. 

50 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

If there's something inherently broken with the faction system, ArtCraft needs to know now while they're actively developing these campaign rules for future play.  The only way they'll know it's broken is if the testers break it, and the current issue is something they would be 100% unable to test without all of us.  There's a reason they call this pre-alpha instead of live.  The devs will either decide we're all playing the way they intended, or they'll make changes so things are more fair (and ultimately, more fun) for everyone involved.

I think I can agree with all of this outside of the context of the discussion within the thread, but not as a logical follow up with everything prior in mind. I could just as easily follow this line of logic and provide my entire guild a flying hack (or whatever other hack you choose) so we could compete. The current state of the game isn't very well setup to combat hackers,  right? So if we got in and ruined it for whatever fraction of players, then a lot of the development in other areas would have to stall so they could fix that particular anti-hack problem. It's an extreme example, but it;s applicable.

I just wish people could see the community's opposition to what these guilds have been doing for what it is. It isn't about being salty over wins, most people don't give a poorly made socks right now, it's about generating quality data for ACE (or at least it should be) and hopefully bringing in more backers. Let them say they are "preparing for the real thing" all they want, you learn very little when your faction has 1-2 major siege turnouts every 2 weeks whether they are on the winning or the losing side. 

50 minutes ago, Samulus said:

Who says they have little bearing? There are plenty of items every set of patch notes that don't directly deal with campaigns, I don't think this is a true statement at all. 

I think I can agree with all of this outside of the context of the discussion within the thread, but not as a logical follow up with everything prior in mind. I could just as easily follow this line of logic and provide my entire guild a flying hack (or whatever other hack you choose) so we could compete. The current state of the game isn't very well setup to combat hackers,  right? So if we got in and ruined it for whatever fraction of players, then a lot of the development in other areas would have to stall so they could fix that particular anti-hack problem. It's an extreme example, but it;s applicable.

I just wish people could see the community's opposition to what these guilds have been doing for what it is. It isn't about being salty over wins, most people don't give a poorly made socks right now, it's about generating quality data for ACE (or at least it should be) and hopefully bringing in more backers. Let them say they are "preparing for the real thing" all they want, you learn very little when your faction has 1-2 major siege turnouts every 2 weeks whether they are on the winning or the losing side. 

One is a hack and the other is the intended end game of the game. 

wiDfyPp.png

7 hours ago, damebix said:

FYI:  You can craft in the keep, forts, and in ALL EKs that EVERYONE has access to.  Hell, even EKs like Aerynth Traders are open to the public 24/7 that have all of the crafting benching available.

These are the things you learn by playing the game.

Keeps provide better equipment though over forts and EK since more pips

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, Jah said:

I provided screenshots of /who zone for both chaos and balance during the siege last night. Stop making excuses and find a way to win.

And if what you want is for us to show mercy on you, or for one of the two guilds to join your faction and carry you to victory, you are doing it wrong. Politics matter. You reap what you sow.

I will say one thing, if they removed zone caps there wont be as many chaos in zones cause atleast 1 guild in chaos strat is to bring all there alts into zones to reduce the amount of enemy that can come in, you yourself should of seen those messages in zone chat with your spy of him calling in zone chat to bring in there alts into zone and leave them at the gate to try and reduce numbers enemy can bring.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, damebix said:

Losing any players from the game is unfortunate, but absolutely a inevitable product of this style of game design/testing.  Don't blame the people that are taking the time to min/max the situation, work through the ridiculous inventory management, and develop systems for crafting and gear distribution that work in this currently incomplete design.  We hate it, too, but we're willing to do what we have to do to make the best of the situation.  As for the "huge backlash," most of the people in this thread complaining are from uXa, who have been playing this game almost as long as -W-.  They simply do not want to put in the work to get Chaos geared and organized.  Instead, they decided to run to the forums to complain nonstop for 3 weeks straight.  We've made our choice and they've made their choice.  We prefer winning on the battlefield.

So let me get this right
You think we havant been trying? You expect us to supply all the gear and equipment for an entire faction?? We offered our blacksmither and Jewelery services to the entire faction at no cost appart from mats you know how many takers we have had 1, a single person because the moment we loose the keep no one wants to harvest r10 nodes anymore because they mentality tell them they cant harvest there cause we dont have a banner out front of it, So that give the newbie guys harvesting in the zombie pit which gets hit by somone once every 10 minutes it seems and the quality of resources are subpar in comparison.
We spend all day explaining to people how to make proper tools to hit decent nodes to get decent gear day in day out -.-
As for trying to organise the faction dolmar has been trying too, it takes alot of time trying to organise 15+ small guilds over 1 other large guild, trying to keep 20 guild leader happy than just 1 other.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

37 minutes ago, veeshan said:

So let me get this right
You think we havant been trying? You expect us to supply all the gear and equipment for an entire faction?? We offered our blacksmither and Jewelery services to the entire faction at no cost appart from mats you know how many takers we have had 1, a single person because the moment we loose the keep no one wants to harvest r10 nodes anymore because they mentality tell them they cant harvest there cause we dont have a banner out front of it, So that give the newbie guys harvesting in the zombie pit which gets hit by somone once every 10 minutes it seems and the quality of resources are subpar in comparison.
We spend all day explaining to people how to make proper tools to hit decent nodes to get decent gear day in day out -.-
As for trying to organise the faction dolmar has been trying too, it takes alot of time trying to organise 15+ small guilds over 1 other large guild, trying to keep 20 guild leader happy than just 1 other.

And now you know how HoA felt. 

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, TheMap said:

sums_zps15apbug0.png

You’re not the only one.  We have people reporting they are 20+ in que.  @jtoddcoleman this is bad :(

wiDfyPp.png