Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Zone Caps

13 minutes ago, Staff said:

so chaos, whats your excuse tonight

Zerged by 23 balance 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Good fights tonight to all, sorry I missed some of them.
We capped 2 zones folks, that's awesome!
CF population seems to continue to rise, a trend I hope continues.
I also hope that zone caps will be increased when performance allows for even larger fights with more people.
Anticipation is what I feel for the constant and continued evolution of this game with everyone involved, player and ACE employee.

ScornofLife2.jpg

Siege performance has been very solid with 100 people in a zone. A big improvement from previous patches. ACE must be looking at increasing the zone caps at the very least to test what the server limit is in a real world situation.

*HINT *HINT

Posted (edited)

To be Transparent- 

I played with "W" for over a year and a half and when the conversation of the HoA alliance came up - I gave a thumbs up.  No longer with "W" - My Son and I moved over to uXa.  Simply a better fit for both of us..... and the details why are ours alone. 

But we are happy with the change and still have a lot of respect for many of our former Guildies.  We had some really good 2v2's with Mal and Myst this weekend ........ We were completely out geared but never the less had a great time.  "W" has a GREAT Logistics setup that they have been working on for 3+ years.  They have earned it through dedication and hard work.

At the time we (W) had just gone over to Balance because recruitment from Order had been rough.  "At the time" ....  "IF" the Chaos undead alliance decided to actually put some effort into "Winning" they had the means to do it.  W, in my opinion, has always claimed to want to "Play to Crush" - and they are following through on that goal.  

Whether the timing is correct, good for the game and certainly some the "Tactics" being employed are just good old "Play to Crush" or something else is creating a lot the fun political drama.  And for the record - I disagree about the timing of the Alliance - In "My Opinion" it was no longer needed at the time it actually happened - But by that time I was no longer a part of W and the "reasons" could have easily for reasons that make sense that I am completely unaware of..... .and I am sure that they don't feel the need to share it.  I Love this part of the game.

It is also kind of funny to see so many people react to things that have to be total assumptions on their part.  If you are not part of the leadership or have an active role in the decision making of your guild the chances of you having the needed information to form a decent realistic opinion is pretty tough.  That is why we hopefully trust the leadership we decided to interact with as players.  I am pretty happy with uXa Leadership - WeaponsX and Dolmar have a LONG record over the course of a couple of decades to be reviewed and what I have learned about them on a current and personal level in the last couple months tells me they have "Integrity" ....... and they are FUN as hell to play with - Win/Lose - we have FUN :)

All the Drama - I don't care, and Honestly, I have never heard anyone in uXa care beyond the point that we need to "catch" up logistically - which is tough when already so far outpaced.  The timing of ACE's vessel leveling NERF's did nothing to help that ...... and added to Uncle Bob.   

The Politics stuff has been fun to watch..... more fun when you actually know more of the "truth(s)" than most.  Not going to reveal any of that since they have already been said and the spin has begun....... BUT THIS IS PART OF THE GAME!

The part that I really do have an issue with is ....... We got some guilds "Playing to Crush" while at the same time the Forums have turned into a "Play to Hush".  Can't have it both ways ACE - Figure it out please - there is no way you could not see this coming :)  

To OP:

Sorry to further along the de-Rail 

Zone Caps:  Yes - I think they should be increased - I don't think it will solve many of the issues but I would hope it helps. 

I think we all also need to remember the current state of the game too.  This massive bridge between Gear is only an issue at the beginning; whether at the start of a CW with Rules or after a wipe or come launch time.  Guilds and Solo players "Will Catch up" with time.  The guilds with the current logistical leads will eventually fade in that advantage.    Also, Faction play.  Currently, we are much more limited in options of aligning our selves.  This will change as well with Dregs.  Yes, Alliances will replace a lot of the faction stuff but midstream betrayals will occur too - then the fun really begins.  And in all this...... still consequences for actions.  Perceived actions will play a lot in future alliances..... Hence why ACE needs to find a way to let the Politics play out.  This Play to Hush stance may be the biggest detriment the game currently has.  But that is just "My" opinion". 

Edited by Mayhem_
Address OP

@Mayhem_

Appreciate the agreement on Zone Caps. It is very frustrating to have players who want to play in these massive PvP sieges and unable to. So far the servers are handling it quite well.

Can any of the devs give us any input if this cap is changeable MID - CW or has to be new CW? Or does it require a Mini Patch? Or is it something that someone could just set easily? Having this information would really give us some idea of when this will get looked at. Right now with no responses in this thread by ACE, it looks like you aren't hearing us, which i know is not the case. If @jtoddcolemanand @thomasblair are too busy, can you find out please @vkromasand confirm that this is being looked into?

Has anyone seen or experienced a queue position greater than 30?  I’ve only seen 28 myself.  

The position counter is a is a bit wonky; I’ve had it go from 4 to 2 to 8 to 7 to zone in.  Ermmm

Anyways, I’d say let’s start by increasing zone cap by 20 - 30.  

@Mayhem_ “Play to hush”, that’s outstandingly clever. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 2/27/2019 at 10:41 PM, Jah said:

I didn't say it was zone.

Here's the zone numbers at the chaos siege:

chaos:

unknown.png

balance:

unknown.png

you counted sockpuppet again. He can not be counted unless he's in my group. 

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

@Mayhem_ “Play to hush”, that’s outstandingly clever. 

It resonated when it popped into my head.... unfortunately

I get ACE wants to keep this about "testing"...... but made it kind of hard when 'Wins" and "Prizes" came into the picture.... not to mention JTodd's post.  All these little things were bound to start what we all knew would come sooner or later. 

Hopefully, an external site gets it right and the Politics can start there - "Here" - even if more lenient seems to be a bad choice 

If I had the"time" - I would do it -  but simply don't :( 

4 hours ago, Ble said:

Anyways, I’d say let’s start by increasing zone cap by 20 - 30.  

I'd absolutely love too -- but the charts still show a few (not many, but a few) hitches on the server that need to be addressed before we will feel comfortable increasing it.  We have a (fingers crossed) MAJOR performance update that we're been working on for a few months now, but it touches so many different systems that it is highly likely to break everything the moment that we launch it.  so we're putting it through a lot more testing cycles, in the hopes of minimizing that pain.

We know that the zones work reasonably well right now at 100.  The problem is: if you jump it up, even a little, then you aren't just risking a bad experience for those 10 players, you're jeopardizing that play experience for everyone on that server.  So while queueing absolutely sucks (and yeah, I know it does) it's actually the lesser of the two evils right now.

We're working on the real fix, and I think we have a handle on it.  It's working its way through the process and hopefully you guys will see it soon, and your patience will be well rewarded.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

4 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

I'd absolutely love too -- but the charts still show a few (not many, but a few) hitches on the server that need to be addressed before we will feel comfortable increasing it.  We have a (fingers crossed) MAJOR performance update that we're been working on for a few months now, but it touches so many different systems that it is highly likely to break everything the moment that we launch it.  so we're putting it through a lot more testing cycles, in the hopes of minimizing that pain.

We know that the zones work reasonably well right now at 100.  The problem is: if you jump it up, even a little, then you aren't just risking a bad experience for those 10 players, you're jeopardizing that play experience for everyone on that server.  So while queueing absolutely sucks (and yeah, I know it does) it's actually the lesser of the two evils right now.

We're working on the real fix, and I think we have a handle on it.  It's working its way through the process and hopefully you guys will see it soon, and your patience will be well rewarded.

Todd

Any word on when that will be in?  Playing with zone caps sucks and we get why but doing it for a prolonged period is gona be a pain in the ass. 

wiDfyPp.png

37 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Todd

I've been ready for the performance updates in 5.9 since early January, gibb pls. 

Lol, everyone complained when Balance had their 'Perfect Balance' and they said well step up and do something. Order stepped up and found out how to win against superior numbers just like we did with our ballista tactics and now all we hear is "Oh we can't roll these guys anymore, let's get rid of how they are winning finally" again. We put the time and effort in to gear our peeps and have them log in to defend hours ahead of time. So now that we are somewhat organized you guys can't deal with it ? Quit crying Uncle Bob and let Auntie Nueby and Uncle ZombieGhandi have some fun.

23 minutes ago, Cantruss said:

Lol, everyone complained when Balance had their 'Perfect Balance' and they said well step up and do something. Order stepped up and found out how to win against superior numbers just like we did with our ballista tactics and now all we hear is "Oh we can't roll these guys anymore, let's get rid of how they are winning finally" again. We put the time and effort in to gear our peeps and have them log in to defend hours ahead of time. So now that we are somewhat organized you guys can't deal with it ? Quit crying Uncle Bob and let Auntie Nueby and Uncle ZombieGhandi have some fun.

So you’re okay with 30+ people from all factions sitting out Bc of a cap on the zone? 

@ZombieGandhi is this your tactic to win?  Use a zone cap?  

wiDfyPp.png

24 minutes ago, Cantruss said:

Actually, pretty much everyone's reaction was "This is great, we had some great fights, Order did really well."

So you're ok with 2 entire factions taking 2 weeks off because you guys had 'Perfect Balance' and rubbed it in whenever you could?

9 minutes ago, mandalore said:

is this your tactic to win?  Use a zone cap?

Asymmetrical warfare, my good chum! You have also now figured out my masterful plan, a stroke of genius it was! Now I must return to the drawing board, for more clever dastardly schemes and plots.