Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Zone Caps

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Cantruss said:

So you're ok with 2 entire factions taking 2 weeks off because you guys had 'Perfect Balance' and rubbed it in whenever you could?

You have a really eschewed view of what that time was like. Sure, winning was nice. Sitting for sieges being unable to play PvP for 12 days wasn't fun for anyone. I can't speak for the faction entirely, but I for one love the fact that there's some competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZombieGandhi said:

Asymmetrical warfare, my good chum! You have also now figured out my masterful plan, a stroke of genius it was! Now I must return to the drawing board, for more clever dastardly schemes and plots. 

Figured it out? Airmen First Class Cantruss screamed it at me while bragging about how much of a big boy he is.  

This mino rebellion you’re waging is going to end like all the others.  HoA will have a bbq with free steaks, provided by order, and drink elven beer.


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Cantruss said:

Lol, everyone complained when Balance had their 'Perfect Balance' and they said well step up and do something. Order stepped up and found out how to win against superior numbers just like we did with our ballista tactics and now all we hear is "Oh we can't roll these guys anymore, let's get rid of how they are winning finally" again. We put the time and effort in to gear our peeps and have them log in to defend hours ahead of time. So now that we are somewhat organized you guys can't deal with it ? Quit crying Uncle Bob and let Auntie Nueby and Uncle ZombieGhandi have some fun.

No one wants to impede your efforts to win, or even to stop you from zone-capping while its in the game.  But people want the chance to "deal with it" by being able to present a defense/offense in a zone, so zone-capping will eventually go away.  No one is crying about it, we're just talking about it.  You're not going to be able to hide behind zone caps forever and its an extremely valid discussion at this point in the game. 

And its not like we (balance) aren't continually facing this:

1) Camp Fire spam to at ToL

2) Knowingly using Templar circles to cause lag

3) Knowingly using diffusion to cause lag

4) Using Rescue on ToLs.

5) Using ballista heals on ToLs

6) Knowingly placing ballista on enemy keep walls.

7) Knowingly directing members to log in alts/crafters to zone lock.

8  ) Avoiding battles/enemy forces via zone cap strats.

 

Do you notice anyting about that list?  (besides that it could be longer)  Well, once we find and discuss these things, they get dealt with.  Each time one of these issues surface, we talk about it.  It's not something you need to get emotional about, but it is definitely something that needs to be discussed.

What I find ironic is all the moral high-ground admonishments of HoA and W "nut cupping" and then seeing Order and Chaos working together hand in hand.  That being said, I'm glad you guys did it.  I approve of people using any means necessary, within the parameters of the game, to win. 

Even zone-capping is fine with me.  There's no better compliment to your enemy than doing everything you can possibly do to avoid a full on fight. 

 

Thanks @jtoddcoleman for the reply.  I appreciate your position but you should also recognize that your #tinyzones are "risking a bad experience" for many more people than the few locked out of the zone, but everyone else that would like to interact with and against those sitting outside the zone looking in.  Especially when your competition pushing 3500 people fighting/using abilities in a single zone.

Edited by Ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mandalore said:

 HoA will have a bbq with free steaks

Admitting that HoA are a group of necrophagists? Truly Elven imperialism has sunk to depths that even a Guinecean cannot burrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ble said:

There's no better compliment to your enemy than doing everything you can possibly do to avoid a full on fight. 

lol's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cantruss said:

Lol, everyone complained when Balance had their 'Perfect Balance' and they said well step up and do something. Order stepped up and found out how to win against superior numbers just like we did with our ballista tactics and now all we hear is "Oh we can't roll these guys anymore, let's get rid of how they are winning finally" again. We put the time and effort in to gear our peeps and have them log in to defend hours ahead of time. So now that we are somewhat organized you guys can't deal with it ? Quit crying Uncle Bob and let Auntie Nueby and Uncle ZombieGhandi have some fun.

Order and specifically Clams, Transcedence and Infernal are to be nothing but commended for their showing this campaign.

These guilds that have been together less than 6months and are embarassing the Chaos veteran guilds that have been together for decades.

Organization, leadership, and some effort go a long way.  Giving up is of course the easy route that Chaos took and it still shows.

Well fought Order, look forward to an action packed weekend at the sieges.

See you on the Field!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ZombieGandhi said:

Admitting that HoA are a group of necrophagists? Truly Elven imperialism has sunk to depths that even a Guinecean cannot burrow.

I'm so egotistically delighted with myself right now, that I'm quoting myself, and responding with kudos to my cleverness. Well done, @ZombieGandhi. That 43 Minotaur Intellect is showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ZombieGandhi said:

I'm so egotistically delighted with myself right now, that I'm quoting myself, and responding with kudos to my cleverness. Well done, @ZombieGandhi. That 43 Minotaur Intellect is showing.

I reported you, just so you know. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jtoddcoleman said:

We're working on the real fix, and I think we have a handle on it.  It's working its way through the process and hopefully you guys will see it soon, and your patience will be well rewarded.

I know little to nothing about the specific challenges you're running into, but I gotta ask...

Would a campaign map of 6 siege zones work as an interim solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jtoddcoleman said:

We're working on the real fix, and I think we have a handle on it.  It's working its way through the process and hopefully you guys will see it soon, and your patience will be well rewarded.

Todd

 

You guys are doing are great job with backend improvements. So far its been day and night difference in gameplay. Cant wait to see your next upgrade! I know I have been a negative nancy on this issue and just wanted to eat crow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Is the meta right now trying to "outcheap" everyone else?

Yes?


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

Asymmetrical warfare, my good chum! You have also now figured out my masterful plan, a stroke of genius it was! Now I must return to the drawing board, for more clever dastardly schemes and plots. 

Have you considered starving yourself and PvPing with an empty chicken ticker?

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, veeshan said:

How many afk chaos though? how many spies?

Thing is in home territories there will be afk player from that faction i know we had 3 afker at bottom of the keep during whole thing and then we have ur spy aswell there Jah there also 2 other suspected spy names in the list there aswell.

We had multiple spies on our side as well. We know for a fact a chaos individual not named here had one sitting next to our forces right before siege.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, Glitchhiker said:

You still spin the subject though. The problem veeshan was talking about isn't, why you have the best gear (the answer to that is obvious), but that the two best geared guilds are teaming up for the ez win and ruining the fun for alot of other player for almost a month now.

We have to defend against 120 (60 chaos and 60 order) and a 50 member alliance 60 if we are all at peak. Yet we do not complain, we actually find it very fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 12:56 PM, Samulus said:

I'm not saying we all need to get in a big circle and hug, and I can blame who I want though I'm not blaming any one person in particular. The only point to be made is that these big guilds are creating a bad testing environment, there's no way for anyone to logically refute that. 

I'm not in any of the guilds in question, my opinion seems to be that much more valid by your reasoning. 

You say big guilds, but as an HoA member, we average 15-20 a night for siege. W averages 25-35 from my knowledge. There are bigger guilds then the two of ours, but we are the ones that just min-max our guilds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...