Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pablovpt

Why Should I Trust This Game?

Let me begin saying that I've started playing MMORPGs back in 2000-and-I-don't-remember-anymore with Runescape. Ever since I've played Mu Online, Ragnarök, Tibia, WoW, TES, Perfect World, Arche Age, Star Wars TOR, and many other more. 

Ever since WoW I've been looking for something that wouldn't keep with the "quest-gather-item-quest-gather-item" mainstream that have been ruining MMORPGs for the last few years. TES and Arche Age were two gigantic failures and disappointments to me. Hyped games that failed to create and inovate in a area where what I call "WoW-like leveling up" hold developers back.

So, I ask you: why should I trust you?

PS.: Please, don't take me as arrogant bastard though I probably sounded like one. I'm just concerned about my gaming hours that diminishes as years goes by.

Edited by pablovpt

I do not know you.  Therfore I'll tell you why I trust ArtCraft.

• Barter based economy.
  • Advanced Crafting.
  • Item Decay.
  • Non-Tab based Combat
  • Finite Worlds ( I am an advocate of the idea)

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Well check out the FAQ and see if this game is something you might be interested in, they go on and aswer a few of the questions you have about how the game will work, but none of us yet have a full picture we are still getting reveals about the game. Though in few short days thar will be a proper large reveal that will answer hopefully most questions lol. Im personally very excited for this game from what ive read so far and look forward to trying it out, if you arnt yet convinced then just hold on a little longer wait for some gameplay and systems review of what they game will be and that should def help make up your mind. Crowfall def wont be anything like WoW thats for sure :P

krevra.png

I would say to you wait till the crowdfunding begins and you can look at the entire information presented, which will be more information than currently exists, and then you can make a better informed decision.

You can't.  There's no guarantee with new mmo's.

Research the devs.  Do your homework and answer your own question.

This, I have a degree of faith in this team due to their track record, many of them having worked on some fantastic and unique games of their own. But again, there is nothing to prove to you this will not be a colossal failure. I plan on investing some amount once crowdfunding is up since I have not been hyped for a MMO in many years, so I am giving myself some leeway to give into the hype.

But go with what you feel, if you have doubts, then wait it out. No one is promising anything.

Actually depending on how you've been interpreting the information it's easy to confuse this game style with others.

First and foremost I'm giong to outwritely state this game will share a great similarity with Albion Online, so I'd check that out.

There are persistent zones with plots of land you can buy and have to pay tax for, once you buy it you can build say a weapons shop or repair shop etc. and level it up, and people can stop at your shop to buy stuff. You also have a guild home which is available only to your guildies and since we have desimated the gameplay I will share a little info with you guys here.

This game will really punish solo players, it will take strong group guild efforts to succeed. For example you will start by levelling together, collecting useful resources, gold and rare items you find along the way. You must donate these items and a large portion of gold to the guild. A few ONLY a few guildies will actually use guild resources donated and gathered by the team to max up their crafting. After reaching a certain plateau you will balance levelling up your character to use better resources and gathering in order to progress to the "max" level.

Guilds will be providing their members with equipment...and the harder teams work together the easier things will become. You have seen already the Voxel demo and I hope this has shown just how massively different this game will be, for example you will be able to make significant changes to the environment.

-Truthe Yashikawa

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild.  Welcome Home.

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

It all comes down to checking out the Devs' history with games, watching the development, listening to feedback from players as alpha/beta phases kick into gear, hoping for transparency of process and accomplishment of milestones and other goals (rather than people demanding a hard release date, because that's unrealistic), and following your own interests.

There are far too many posts like this happening.  This is what their countdown is for.  If you have specific issues or concerns once that announcement/reveal has been made, that is the point to start asking these questions.

We all have to do our homework on any new MMO.  Crowfall is no different.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

" just hold on a little longer wait for some gameplay and systems review of what they game will be "

I am wondering why everyone thinks there will be gameplay footage or did I read this incorrectly?  I am thinking that ppl think the game is wayyyyy farther along that it really is.   The VISON will be revealed and more than likely the crowd funding game plan but I am not getting my hopes up  for anything HUGE.  I think we all still have a long wait ahead of us.  Hope I am wrong.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Their ideas are great, but these ideas generally bring other problems, heavy lag , instable servers , grief-fest , bad optimization(has much worser impacts on this kind of games compared to other games like archeage)

However in their side they have very good thinkers, brilliant people. They might manage to get alot of money out of kickstarter. People in kickstarter generally value innovation and this game is VERY innovative in very intelligent way.

Another innovative game i can name is star citizen. but i do not think star citizen's innovation is that brilliant. Because of what they are aiming for, its highly likely they will fail to deliver. But in this game's case, they have alot of very good ideas that are not so demanding. Like weight-based combat. Outside of experiance its just another value, perhaps only data that it will need to transfer as extra is 32 bits. But it will make combat so much better.

(Im talking server-side, your cpu will need to make calculations but cmon, %99 of the games run with cpu at %10, one game should make use of that extra horse power.)

Edited by Navhkrin

You can't.  There's no guarantee with new mmo's.

Research the devs.  Do your homework and answer your own question.

Yep, there's no guarantees with any product prior to its release. Temper your enthusiasm with a critical eye. When the game enters beta stages it will become much easier to measure the progress of the game. Most importantly don't make excuses for the developers. They will have landmarks throughout their beta on where the game should be. This title isn't going to have an overabundance of funding (most likely), so delays are going to be a very big deal. Another important factor is watching how the developers manage their beta, both in how well they communicate to their testers and how well they manage their repository. 

ncLez59.png

bah....speaking only as a Player...as well as yer olde Doc...

never trust ANYONE evah!!

simple as that...same thing i say when it comes to my own Posting, and fellow Mourningites have read countless times....read it carefully, look up stuff from multiple sources and make up your own Mind...never take anyone's word for anything prima facia ...figure it out for yourself...trust your own Judgement, even if it's outside your expertise...can you "trust" the "expert"?

the only other thing i got to say on the Topic is...i've chosen to not only be *here*, but to volunteer my time as a Mod...

take it fer what it's Worth to you, and where it comes from

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Pretty much what everyone else says: Research, ask questions that concern you, don't take anything at face value. The devs seems to be really chatty for an MMO, so ask them specific questions and see if the answer jives with you.

I will say that Crowfall gets my dime because I played the hell out of Shadowbane, so I have some experience picking up what they're laying down. And so I like the cut of their jib so far.

Trust them to do what exactly? Not make a run of the mill PVE themepark? Pretty clear that isn't what this game is about at all. Beyond that, no clue what you are looking for or want to trust them to create.

You should trust them because you analyzed the development philosophy and insights the developers published on their FAQs and posts...

Or maybe you'd rather have observers confidence, in which case, a forum question might profit you?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P