Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem_

Unlocking from EK to CW

OUCH on the number of hours lost accidentally deleting items when moving my vessel from one CW to another - Sucks but I have only to learn that one once - so far.  

BUT - When moving a vessel from an EK to a CW there is no need to unlock it - YES, totally my fault and own it- but damn..... it is so easy to accidentally select a CW since it is the more natural flow of selection.  Twice "I" lost the entirety of my Crafting gear and local storage and both times I noticed it before I even loaded into the CW.  Unlocking it at least makes you think about it.  And if not need to unlock it why do you "Lose" it?

Please help the feeble minded out - namely me.

Agree 100% on the EK to CW part, there should be a warning or something if you have gear or inventory. I haven't had it happen to me personally but I know a few people who have lost things by entering CW. I have a character slot dedicated to a vessel named EK just to avoid anything like that happening.

Something does need to be done about the problem. It is way too easy to accidentally delete all your stuff by accidentally clicking to join a campaign with an EK character full of stuff.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

Even better, have a prompt asking if you want to spend imports on everything you're trying to bring into the CW.

Probably more difficult to implement that than it sounds but that would be a great solution. "this character has items equipped and/or in their inventory, would you like to spend X imports to bring them into the CW?" [yes / no / cancel]

32 minutes ago, KatzeWeiss said:

Agree 100% on the EK to CW part, there should be a warning or something if you have gear or inventory. I haven't had it happen to me personally but I know a few people who have lost things by entering CW. I have a character slot dedicated to a vessel named EK just to avoid anything like that happening.

LOL - I got an EK guy too and still did it!  2x for sure and "Possibly" 3....... 1 might belong to my son.  And... ya ya ya .... I cheat at work and get little things done during the day and sometimes have unexpected people walk in my office....... like what happened an hour ago.  And once I hit that CW button I was like NO NO NO NO NO please stop....... right in the middle of a crafting session that I had to log out of real quick :( 

Just looking for an easy solution to protect me from self

There's no import or export limit on EKs, so why not just automatically dump everything into the spirit bank (overflow if necessary) when a character with stuff equipped/in inventory is moved from an EK to a CW, ACE?

Failing that, a warning that "This character has items equipped and/or in inventory that will be lost if you continue" would suffice.

Also, please show us that our character is geared on the character select screen.

Edited by Durenthal

only if that message pops up specifically when you have items on that character, if it comes up every time it may as well not even be there because muscle memory will make people click through it like every other meaningless pop up.

This.... 1000x this. I've had friends rage quit the game forever because of this. I've personally been under the influence and lost tons of materials because I just didn't pay attention. Too bad you couldn't lock the character to EK's only and have to unlock it like in campaigns.

There are a bunch of very simple things that can completely screw someone over like this. The game should be more user friendly for sure.
Today I was trying to help a completely new player with keybinds…
and they ended up binding LMB to Auto Run by mistake...
which led to me explaining how to Delete the Art+Craft folder to Reset Bindings...
whoo

ScornofLife2.jpg

Yeah I think most players have experienced this happen to them. Some have taken a harder hit than others, but on every case it's frustrating, and with the EK - CW hop the blame is on the client, not on the player. It wouldn't take much to setup a warning message when you are about to destroy gear on your character when switching worlds.

Don't feel like relogging (AKA Mayhem_)

I wish I could claim newb mistake...... but playing consistently over 2 years.  And again, I knew it could happen and do accept the fact that I F'd it up..... but as many have pointed out..... there are way too many EZ fixes for this potentially disastrous (For some) issue.  If I was new - this may have made me quit. 

Heck might as well go all the way - 5.8 has REALLY Kicked my "MY" @$$

First loss - I finally get 13 Epic vessels done and ..... Wipe (No Idea why they wiped vessels)

Restart vessels - Build up all the frames..... Nerf - Restart - build up all the soil - Nerf 

Then add my dumb @$$ 3x wipes...... 

And..... then "Factions" - Please get the Dregs out soon.  Sooo many people that need killing in my own faction :(

It has been hard to play through the losses on a pre-alpha.  But I got commits to Son and Guild and keep on keeping on  

10 hours ago, Bzra said:

This.... 1000x this. I've had friends rage quit the game forever because of this. I've personally been under the influence and lost tons of materials because I just didn't pay attention. Too bad you couldn't lock the character to EK's only and have to unlock it like in campaigns.

I have to laugh at those who rage quit because of this.  Do they not realize they agreed to become a tester and knowing that they could lose everything due to operator error or game bug and especially upcoming wipes ?  Their loss really...