Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
feck

Shadowbane Peeps

no....Mourning was the Bestest......

Test was where you went if you liked to live fast and didn't have a real guild.....perfect for the couple of friends or 1 full group crowd

but for politics amd long term rivalries spawned from those politics?

yeah.....Mourning

just sayin'...

Edited by Doc Gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Test was for the skilless-a place for non-factors to feel safe.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Test was for the skilless-a place for non-factors to feel safe.

There were a few rounds of test where you had somewhat major guilds play through there. CR vs China Town vs Galg was a fun test server. There definitely were some rounds that didn't have much at all though too. Those were generally when a live server was still in its prime. Test usually thrived when a live server was at a lull period or was dealing with the population crash after a server war.

C4sIZDW.gif

don't get me wrong...Test was not the ghetto or anything like that...it was just...Test, it's own thing...

for me, it was occasional bits of fun burning through variations on a build until i got it where i wanted it...you know, testing

but "living" there?

just not my cup of tea i guess....i liked that bit...you know....the crazy part.....

politics

FIQw0eP.png

One of my big Shadowbane regrets was not playing more on Mourning. It seems the last half of my SB experience was dominated by fighting CN at every turn. And then I never played the servers after the 2008 wipe.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

One of my big Shadowbane regrets was not playing more on Mourning. It seems the last half of my SB experience was dominated by fighting CN at every turn. And then I never played the servers after the 2008 wipe.

it was up and down over the years....but you couldn't beat the depth of pure History and politics there...if that was your kind of thing

pure skulduggery and arm twisting enabled that server from ever being completely dominated by a beta guild like so many of the others were, or ever letting anyone get "too big" for the server...it kept CN from ever obtaining a real foothold for any length of time,and to me....showed off the real potential of the inherent Design...but yes, it was a fluke in the larger picture, being the only Server to last from Launch to ReBoot...

i flatter myself by thinking i had some small part in that epic Tapestry...and hope that CF will scratch some of that olde "itch"

still not tuesday yet?

and why aren't i downloading something....?

aaaAAAAAAAAAArrrRRRRRrrRRRRggGGGGGggGGGGGgHHHHHhhHHHHHh!!!

FIQw0eP.png

Mourning was around the longest, but it also had massive issues with duped crap, fc and otherwise. Economy was stupid and there were some wonderful builds that would have never worked without the dupes. Anyways, test was stupid and full of live server rejects. I mean, hidetade played there /thread

oh i agree...it was the dupes that were the single biggest flaw in Mourning...always said it , even as i equipped those hulin'agels (sp?) that you could buy anytime in SDR...along with anything else ever in the Game

the Economy adjusted, yes prices were way inflated...but gold was easy to come by, or trade goods...i kind of liked the later years SDR there...but i can see how it could be an acquired taste for some

as always, your mileage may vary...

FIQw0eP.png

So the OP made a standard "Any SB peeps out there?" post not realizing there was a whole section just for us?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

One of the nice things about Mourning was that it was the last holdout where there were truly carebears. Even late into the server you could get some decent hate tells from people who were just awful. Then again the awful piece has not changed much.

Mourning, kinda like test was where people drifted back to when other servers were in a lull or were in the process of dying.

C4sIZDW.gif

Mourning was around the longest, but it also had massive issues with duped crap, fc and otherwise. Economy was stupid and there were some wonderful builds that would have never worked without the dupes. Anyways, test was stupid and full of live server rejects. I mean, hidetade played there /thread

Test was my home and I do not like you speaking that way about it!   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Why was it your home? Increased gold and exp? in a game where you could realistically level and gear a character in a day is that really a motivating factor? It was always my opinion that people that lived there did so to avoid competition.

Anyways, it's just an opinion. No need for four angry faces!

Why was it your home? Increased gold and exp? in a game where you could realistically level and gear a character in a day is that really a motivating factor? It was always my opinion that people that lived there did so to avoid competition.

It's accepted as fact by everybody who didn't hide on Test.  SF is from Test so therefore all of Test is forever unclean.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I started out on test because my brother was playing on test.  I never actually played on any other servers (that I can remember).  We did have competition, and political wars.  Test was a TON of fun.  And the favorite thing about it was the wipes.  Never knew when they were coming, but it refreshed the server and everything started all over again.  None of us cared about the gold or xp, farming and PLing in SB was easy peasy.