Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hookem123

Allow Leveled Vessels to be Sacrificed

Posted (edited)

I like this idea.

Perhaps a revision of the old "drink to die" in the crypt, the results of which is an erased vessel, all items on the vessel gone, and a sacrifice item worth a percentage of XP placed in the spirit bank of the drinker.

It could even cap at 17,500 regardless of the quality of the vessel lost.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I like this idea.

Perhaps a revision of the old "drink to die" in the crypt, the results of which is an erased vessel, all items on the vessel gone, and a sacrifice item worth a percentage of XP placed in the spirit bank of the drinker.

It could even cap at 17,500 regardless of the quality of the vessel lost.

^

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

a revision of the old "drink to die" in the crypt, the results of which is an erased vessel, all items on the vessel gone, and a sacrifice item worth a percentage of XP placed in the spirit bank of the drinker.

Cool idea, fits with lore concept of Divine Sacrifice.

18 hours ago, hookem123 said:

It would be nice to be able to sacrifice a vessel that has already been leveled up for all or a portion of the xp that was put in to level it.

It would help to add decay on vessel !

if you can get 80% of the xp of a vessel, we can destroy them over time ( on leaving campaign for example ) without making this loose a big deal.
it's a needed requirement for the economy loop.

1 hour ago, Aedius said:

It would help to add decay on vessel !

if you can get 80% of the xp of a vessel, we can destroy them over time ( on leaving campaign for example ) without making this loose a big deal.
it's a needed requirement for the economy loop.

I agree, vessels should have decay (age) on them as well.  After everyone has legendary vessels (mains & alts), necromancers will eventually run out of work.  Adding an age/decay system to the vessels themselves would keep the Necromancy craft busy.  I like the campaign idea... Each vessel gets x campaigns (age), ie whites get 4, greens get 6, blues get 8, purples get 10, oranges get 12. In the character screen we can see how many "lives" the vessel has.  Joining a campaign consumes a life.

This would be great or the ability to upgrade your current vassal, thus transferring the xp.  This would make it so that the class would be the same.  If this was done, it would be nice to be able to refresh your appearance.

3 hours ago, Kemble said:

I agree, vessels should have decay (age) on them as well.  After everyone has legendary vessels (mains & alts), necromancers will eventually run out of work.  Adding an age/decay system to the vessels themselves would keep the Necromancy craft busy.  I like the campaign idea... Each vessel gets x campaigns (age), ie whites get 4, greens get 6, blues get 8, purples get 10, oranges get 12. In the character screen we can see how many "lives" the vessel has.  Joining a campaign consumes a life.

I do not like the idea of vessel decay, the core concept was never about vessel decay it was about dying worlds.  Having said that, there is a way to still make necromancy viable, and that is through the use of dying pets.  Necromancy would be the perfect path to create pets (which are supposed to be in the game anyways).

As to the OP, I like the idea of being able to sacrifice an old vessel for the points.  Yes we would need a change to the overall sacrfice mechanics so points did carry over.  Also agree with some posters that we should get the value of the current vessel at a reduced rate.  Personally I would like to see where a white vessel sacrificed was able to get  you to level 15 of a green vessel, a green vessel got you to level 15 on a blue vessel etc.  Leveling up and not having access to your powers right away was a partial complaint on having to re-level a new vessel.  Being able to sacrifice an older vessel and immediately open up some of the beginning skills would go a long way to not feeling like a grind all over again.  Level 15 allows the player to get their first Major rune all of the minors and both exploration slots.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kemble said:

I don't see people mass using legendary vessels, thats a fuuuuuuck ton of xp and not as easy to reliably farm as you would think.  You need r10 graves and so on. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

9 hours ago, mandalore said:

I don't see people mass using legendary vessels, thats a fuuuuuuck ton of xp and not as easy to reliably farm as you would think.  You need r10 graves and so on. 

You must never played vanilla Everquest lvls 45-50.

The xp grind in this game is nothing...  So it takes you 2-3 days of R10 spiders, big deal. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kemble said:

The xp grind in this game is nothing...  So it takes you 2-3 days of R10 spiders, big deal. 

The genre and player expectations of time to play have changed a little since 1999.  One extreme from 20 years ago that was then unable to recreate that successfully with its successor doesn’t exactly make it sound like a good idea.  There were only two MMORPG’s in 1999 (UO and EQ) so we as players had to tolerate stuff that the game devs wouldn’t be able to do these days. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, Kemble said:

I remember playing EQ. While leveling was a grind and you lost XP upon death, it was basically a PvE game. 

17 hours ago, Kemble said:

Comparing Apples to Zebras.

EQ was fun for the time but there is no way I'd play anything like it today.

All of these games are grinding one way or another, but EQ's content and design are very different than Crowfall's.

If someone is playing Crowfall for the level grind or PVE in general 😶

It took two (casual) days to level a purple vessel. That is in my opinion an appropriate degree of time/effort/gold invested so the amount of utility that comes with it. Compared to other items, vessels are relatively easy to source and create. There are less crafting steps, less overall hassle to acquire and process the materials, and less "outside crafts" to provide subcomponents. I can output enough minerals to supply a full group in the span of a 30 minute potion. I can supply enough body parts to build twice as many in the span of a 30 minute potion. The fulcrum of usability on other itemsis front loaded. its on the crafter and harvester entirely. The fulcrum of usability on Vesels is back loaded. Its on the end user. Its greater ease of assembly is largely due to that backloaded cost in time or material. What is sacrificed to level a vessel is, functionally, part of its crafting cost, be that in time or gold or items. Getting a set of purple armor worked up takes roughly as much time and effort as getting a purple vessel crafted and leveled. The only difference is the end user is expected to do part of the lifting, and it never decays.

This may not be a popular opinion, but i say this as a necromancer/alchemist, who has previously been a woodworker/blacksmith. Leveling as part of the crafting cost of vessels is appropriate because of the ease of acquisition of material and ease of crafting the item in question. I can output quality vessels, which never decay, much more consistantly and frequently than I was ever able to output armor, and unlike armor I never need to craft replacements, only upgrades.

The grind in terms of time and effort spent is not dissimilar to all other crafting. The only difference is who's doing the grinding. Just like all other grinding it can be offset by outsourcing it.

That grind may feel like an eternity now, but it only feels that way because you're counting down opportunities to do other things in a given season or campaign in days rather than weeks. Two days is an entire season in the current state of the game. Your Fear Of Missing Out will kick in while you get that XP. In my opinion that's the real thing people are grappling with in the XP system. Its not the grind. Its the fact that the grind competes so heavily with an extremely compressed time scale for grinding other things like score or weapon mats.

In the scale of a 3 month campaign I'd wager if you got what you wanted you'd spend far more time complaining about having nothing to do. People already complain there's nothing to do in later seasons. Leveling, love it or hate it, is something to do. Its a goal that pays out in the only power jump in the game that you can't lose. It is worth every bit of time or wealth pumped in to it and the result feels rewarding for that expenditure.

I rather like the current leveling scale, and the lack of "cash in" for old vessels. Maybe I'm alone in this.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"