Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Murador

Blackguard vs cutthroat

Hey guys,

Im fairly new and not sure which of the assassin specialization is good at the moment. At the moment backstab and diffusion seem to hit pretty low on my char - seems like almost no difference between doing auto attacks and the named skills. Looking forward to tips.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, Murador said:

Hey guys,

Im fairly new and not sure which of the assassin specialization is good at the moment. At the moment backstab and diffusion seem to hit pretty low on my char - seems like almost no difference between doing auto attacks and the named skills. Looking forward to tips.

That seems a recurring theme I've run into in this game though I'm sure some more experienced than myself may offer greater insights. My named combat abilities don't hit significantly harder than regular attacks ESPECIALLY if you take the minor discipline of sparring which buffs auto-attacks.

However, most attack abilities do more than just an attack. They come paired with some form of crowd control, tacked on healing, debuff etc.

It's an interesting way of doing things but it actually makes sense. You only have so many ability slots, no need to waste any on setting up damage combos. Just swing away for damage and pop abilities for utility. 

Edited by Andius

5 hours ago, Andius said:

That seems a recurring theme I've run into in this game though I'm sure some more experienced than myself may offer greater insights. My named combat abilities don't hit significantly harder than regular attacks ESPECIALLY if you take the minor discipline of sparring which buffs auto-attacks.

However, most attack abilities do more than just an attack. They come paired with some form of crowd control, tacked on healing, debuff etc.

It's an interesting way of doing things but it actually makes sense. You only have so many ability slots, no need to waste any on setting up damage combos. Just swing away for damage and pop abilities for utility. 

They are reworking the armor, I hear, so that its not all about maxing out HP