Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Harvesting - why not full dex always?

Numa

Hello Community -

I made an observation - why would you want strength or intellect for harvesting if tools + leadership buff + jewelry + armor can make a non-strength character crush through R10's like a hot knife through butter?

Dex increases your critical harvest chance - which seems to be the only thing you would want if DPS isn't an issue.

Anyone else agree or disagree? 

Also - I like to post a recommendation when pointing out potential problems. (I tell my daughter "if there is a problem, there is a..." and she replies "solution")

Make armor of the nodes much higher so strength or dex is required to dps quickly. Make it a cost of time increase for increase in criticals versus time decrease for increased dps.

Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, Numa said:

Hello Community -

I made an observation - why would you want strength or intellect for harvesting if tools + leadership buff + jewelry + armor can make a non-strength character crush through R10's like a hot knife through butter?

Dex increases your critical harvest chance - which seems to be the only thing you would want if DPS isn't an issue.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

Also - I like to post a recommendation when pointing out potential problems. (I tell my daughter "if there is a problem, there is a..." and she replies "solution")

Make armor of the nodes much higher so strength or dex is required to dps quickly. Make it a cost of time increase for increase in criticals versus time decrease for increased dps.

Thoughts?

There are several levels on this.

But basically, attributes like strength or dexterity don't apply to harvesting alone. They are basic attributes that apply to a lot of stats. Like strength will give you a bonus to your blacksmithing assembly and experimentation points. While for jewelcrafting it would be dexterity. Or for alchemy it would be intellect for assembly and dexterity for experimentation points.

And of course they also apply to certain combat skills differently.

The same is true for other stats. They are all part of a certain hierarchy that grant benefits to other stats lower in the chain.

Since you asked for thoughts, i think that this system will make the game pretty complicated. People who really want to do the effort will be able to max things out depending on their very specific playstyle. While the usual player won't have a too big disadvantage ... and won't really care (because ... isn't the other stuff like tools and armor and such enough, righ'? ;)  )

What i mostly see in this is an opportunity for theorycrafting and to max things out for people who like to do the extra mile ... without making the other players unimportant or killing their chances competely. And frankly, i like that approach. :)