Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corpran

Back-stab

Recommended Posts

I find that back stab is a little under powered, even when I use the skill to find there weakness, I am behind them and in stealth.  Back-stab does less than half the basic attack and has no other effect like stun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Backstab is extremely strong atm and further buffing it would make it overly strong.

 

You can stack damage buffs and debuffs prior to the attack ..

 

So please test a bit more 


Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Corpran said:

I find that back stab is a little under powered, even when I use the skill to find there weakness, I am behind them and in stealth.  Back-stab does less than half the basic attack and has no other effect like stun.

What promo class, what buffs, what disciplines, what gear? What does the damage look like?

If you are using it as intended then something isn't working right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, APE said:

What promo class, what buffs, what disciplines, what gear? What does the damage look like?

If you are using it as intended then something isn't working right.

I am still lvl 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corpran said:

I am still lvl 15

I wouldn't judge the class or abilities while having an incomplete build. Assassin is a class that requires several pieces to come together to make it work. At least that's what I've noticed while trying them out on the Test server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played a lot of assassin and I have to agree seems pretty mediocre at best unless you are running Cut Throat. Of course can't see real numbers on it because of the bug not showing the damage numbers from behind but considering the only way you get any damage out of it is behind the target it should be hitting a lot harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My problem with this ability and other Assassin abilities is that they have some arbitrary requirement (from stealth, from behind, while poisoned).  There are many other class abilities that do the same damage or more and have zero requirements like these.  Ambush/Backstab should ignore armor without any changes to damage and then they would be decent.  Backstab either requires PvE, a dumb opponent, or Call of Darkness (all attacks count as from the rear).  In PvP, there are so many other things I would rather do than TRY to land a backstab.  It needs help.

If CC worked (ie. Kidney Shot stun - 5secs) then Backstab would be more useful as well, but all CC can just get retaliated out of unless you run a zerg with stacking CC's, but then you were probably dead anyways.

Edited by pappy
added CC worked

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pappy said:

My problem with this ability and other Assassin abilities is that they have some arbitrary requirement (from stealth, from behind, while poisoned).  There are many other class abilities that do the same damage or more and have zero requirements like these.  Ambush/Backstab should ignore armor without any changes to damage and then they would be decent.  Backstab either requires PvE, a dumb opponent, or Call of Darkness (all attacks count as from the rear).  In PvP, there are so many other things I would rather do than TRY to land a backstab.  It needs help.

If CC worked (ie. Kidney Shot stun - 5secs) then Backstab would be more useful as well, but all CC can just get retaliated out of unless you run a zerg with stacking CC's, but then you were probably dead anyways.

I agree, that's the point I have been trying to get across in the feedback threads. Right now the Assassin damage is pretty low compared to other classes. Like you mentioned most of those classes do not have the setup before they are able to deal any reasonable damage.

To top it all off our "Q" ability needs some serious work considering the fact that any sort of perception (MoleHunter, Alertness) see's right through it making it almost entirely useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ZeFx said:

 Right now the Assassin damage is pretty low compared to other classes. ...

Er no.  The Cutthroat is yeilding a huge burst.

The class promo that could use a look at it the Vandal since retaliate pretty much negate why you would choose it as a class.

 


Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulreaver said:

Er no.  The Cutthroat is yeilding a huge burst.

The class promo that could use a look at it the Vandal since retaliate pretty much negate why you would choose it as a class.

 

....and Dodge pretty much negates the Cutt Throats burst because unless players are new, its really hard to burst someone down like you are suggesting.  Most veteran players are running Metal Classes which take little to no damage from the Assassin.


"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lag double post or something....

Edited by pappy
double posted due to server lag.

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Er no.  The Cutthroat is yeilding a huge burst.

The class promo that could use a look at it the Vandal since retaliate pretty much negate why you would choose it as a class.

 

If you are seeing what you believe is good damage I would like to see some screenshots or some numbers. Pappy is right, getting damage off on poison diffusion is difficult and its easy to dodge. We have looked at the numbers on various classes and I'm just not seeing the alpha strike potential on Sin since the changes to the scaling damage. I can get some screenshots from other classes that put anything the assassin is doing to shame. We are seeing large hits from classes such as Myrm and Champ. These classes are capping both AP and CHD and getting 900+ basic attacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a screenshot of our damage on some poor noob that just started and didn't even have basic armor.

1stShot.jpg

Now take one of those classes ZeFx mentioned above:  Champ/Myrm and you will Ambush them for 500-800 max!!!!  All while they turn around and chunk you for 5k health in less than 2-3 seconds.  In those 2-3 seconds of pummeling we are hitting them in return for 120-220 crits.  This is just an example, but those are more tanky classes that do WAY more damage than a PURE DPS Class.

Now, take into effect, if our Kidney shot could even last for 30% of the 5 seconds, we might have a chance at damage, but I have no idea of why anyone would put points into Hard Control training/talents when it means absolutely nothing, UNLESS the target has already been chain CC'd and at that point, they will be CC'd anyways.

Edited by pappy

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to get that 3k hit, the cutthroat has to wear leather, approach in stealth, and pretty much surrender the ability to stay in a fight against anyone able to fight back. If the alpha doesn't break the target, he needs to disengage & get back into stealth to do it again. Anyone able to negate the cutthroat's stealth via racial, flare, heads up, a dot, or an aoe can force the cutthroat to withdraw, if not beat him down.

I've seen Neck breaker hit for 21k split between 3 targets. The KD is just insult to injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...