Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rainshine

Are Vessel's worth it right now?

Had a gander at some EK shops, seeing vessels for sale there that are a bit better than the base. Curious if right now they're work buying. As a secondary question, are Vessel's permenant or do they degrade and die off eventually?

Vessels are a worthwhile long term investment, but gear should have much more priority in the short term. You will get far more bang for your buck by upgrading to quality green or blue gear than from a crafted vessel.

For now vessel are permanent (pre-alpha, anything can change, blah blah). At least until game development makes a vessel wipe necessary, and then at the full reset for soft launch.

Depends on how well the vessel was made.  Lots of times you see pretty crappy vessels up for sale but if you have a player with high skill making it, its totally worth it.. They are permanent. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Vessels are a worthwhile long term investment, but gear should have much more priority in the short term. You will get far more bang for your buck by upgrading to quality green or blue gear than from a crafted vessel.

For now vessel are permanent (pre-alpha, anything can change, blah blah). At least until game development makes a vessel wipe necessary, and then at the full reset for soft launch.

I would not expect "anything can change" in this case, they have publicly used the word "forever".

https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/changes-to-character-creation

These are bodies pieced together by necromancers and come in a variety of Races and Classes. You can use one vessel forever or have a few that you switch between. It’s all up to you!

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Thanks for the replies all!

25 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Levels on a vessel are permanant, correct? For example, if I level a Druid into Storm spec, that vessel will permenenatly be a Storm Druid vessel?

Yes.  They did do one talent reset once before but that was only because of the talent system revamp. 

2 minutes ago, Rainshine said:

Levels on a vessel are permanant, correct? For example, if I level a Druid into Storm spec, that vessel will permenenatly be a Storm Druid vessel?

Short of a database reset, yes.

12 minutes ago, Rainshine said:

Yes, but there is at least one more spec reset on the near horizon, when they flesh out the disciplines. 

At that point you will have to spend points on each power from a major discipline you want to equip and use, and they will be permanently locked to your vessel.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rainshine said:

Had a gander at some EK shops, seeing vessels for sale there that are a bit better than the base. Curious if right now they're work buying. As a secondary question, are Vessel's permenant or do they degrade and die off eventually?

Here's an example of two purple vessels.  Compare this to the stats from a white vessel and tell me what you think.

unknown.png

mandy.JPG

For the sake of clarity, you combine those numbers to the base stats and then you still get to spend all of the points from leveling.  It adds up.  Each vessel quality is a step up from the previous and they are by no means required (balathan has the most kills on any server and he just upgraded this weekend from a basic white vessel to that purple one) but the stats help. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Got it, thanks team. Appreciate the info.

I'm a goal oriented dude, so working towards something is like 90% of the fun. Next goal for me is gear, then a new Vessel. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Here's an example of two purple vessels.  Compare this to the stats from a white vessel and tell me what you think.

To be fair, stats are important. When you're making long term investments toward maxing out your battlefield effectiveness, stats are very important.

When you're sitting in a common vessel with common gear, gear will get you closer, faster. White to green is a big step for relatively little cost. Blue to purple and orange are smaller improvements, each requiring much more work.

Balathan is tall man on the totem pole, but his vessel is only part of that. All of his gear is exceptional, he's an excellent player with a solid understanding of the game, he runs with a strong team, and is backed by the solid logistics of a strong guild.