Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Norlon

Basic Brigand Build Questions/Suggestions

Hey guys,

I am still a very new/green tester. I have leveled up a cleric for sieges/healing in larger fights. 

I want to create a Brigand to do some small gang fighting/ganking. I have looked over the forums, albeit, not extremely thoroughly. There seems to be a lot of discussion about various stat's to look for in both gear and attributes.

What are the general attributes I should put my points into while leveling? Additionally, what talent/discipline suggestions do you guys have for a character focused on ganking/fighting in small gangs? Do you search for just high general attack power or high crit. strike chance?

Any explanations or help learning the theory crafting process in this game would be useful. 

Thanks in advance for any time/help you are able to provide me. 

Hello Norlon,

I did the same. I found Cleric a bit too boring for me though. But the brigand is pretty cool. Also archers have gotten a range increase recently and are becoming a little more viable depending on your build.

Just a quick 'guide' for you.

For the brigand I would go a wood elf. Put all points in Dexterity. Further more, go for attack power and crit. Maybe more crit hit damage when your crit chance reaches about 30-35% I don't know what would give the most damage. I didn't do any math, just a feeling. Axes are most used, but i use the swords because they look cooler imo.
Gather resources for a green armor with lots of health and abuse that sweet ultimate of ours (Q), Else you will die way too fast.

You can use different discipline builds, for example:
Poisoner, has a few strong attacks and a poison DoT. But also should turn your melee damage into poison which is quite usefull against plate and mail wearers since they have much less mitigation against that. 
Sharpshooter it has a root, adds ricochet (don't pick that one from talent tree), range and piercing dmg bonus for range tray.
Escape artist is nice since crit generate a dodge pip, a dispel from cc, immunity from cc etc.

also nice to look at:
Agent provacateur
Black mask

minor discs:
Elven eyes. You see targets sooner then the enemy so more time to enter stealth without them knowing you are there
Uniform leather 100 attack power bonus
Glass canon could be good when ganking ppl who don't fight back much since it boosts dmg but lowers survivability
Demon's pact 1 more slot for passives is nessesary

I hope other rangers will share their thoughts aswell since i'm certainly not the most knowledgeable player around and also not the best.

Good luck!