Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Parfax

Chaos embers!!!

I am on my phone so please excuse me if this ends up being a little rough. I would like to talk about gathering Chaos embers and hard caps on stats. 

We are starting to reach a point where we are gearing more towards having more pieces of gear purple then blue (some legendaries as well). They way the system is set up you are hard gated by chaos embers. To rerole an epic piece of gear you need at least 20-25 chaos embers. The big problem is the simple fact that inorder to get 20 chaos embers you can gather almost a full set of purple gears worth or purple ore.

This does 2 things, 1 it extremely deflates the price of epic ore and 2 inflates the price of chaos embers. Most people still don't realize this and sell them for cheap, but this is even starting to happen. We also are not incentivised to sell epic gear because the price is just to expensive for TRULY rolled epic pieces.

We farmed motherlodes at chaos keep on sunday for an hour and a half and got enough ore and stone for a ton of jewellery and armor, but we got 15 chaos embers. The system is set up in a way that is not even and we either need a way to better farm embers (one profession is a lot better than another) or lower the requirement for gear rerolls with embers.

Chaos embers are one of the things any level of player can harvest.  I don't see a problem with setting up hooks for the little guys to have something they mostly don't need, but can provide the big guys with.

There has to be bottle necks somewhere, and making higher end crafters feel obligated re-roll and burn chaos embers voluntarily is actually a pretty good one.

The real issue is nobody can set up shops to purchase chaos embers from said little guys.  I'm sure there are piles of them converting them to dust, or doing other things less valuable than putting them into high quality gear, that with a bit of economic connectivity grease would make both sides happy.

... anxiously waiting for manufacturing thralls...

Once manufacturing is a thing, we probably won't need to reroll on every single assembly of the process, only while making a blueprint. Once we have a blueprint, we'll be able to mass produce that item up to the limit of the blueprint.

In the meantime, if you're drowning in mats and only short on embers, you can craft without rerolling after offering prayers to RNGesus. You may get lucky, you may get junk. If you're not happy with the rolls but it's not bad, put a fair price on it & sell it off. If it's trash, at least your not drowning in those mats you can't use.

They are fine for people chopping wood who get around 2x to 3x the rate of any other profession. Maybe wood is bugged or ore and stone are bugged, but wood is the only profession that makes decent embers.

if you want epic gear focus your efforts into a few players, wasnt that hard for me and my 3 friends to get enough embers for our epic weapons, pay the new players for embers or put in a lot of hours for your supremacy, dont ask for an easier path.

hoayaga2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Other people have made this point for me above this post, but I'm going to summarize anyway.

I hate to always hammer on with this point, but the reason for this specific issue is that pre-alpha.

We're *so very close* to proper alpha now, to the point where you can see the individual pieces of what will eventually constitute the endgame grind, but you have to remember that at this point in time, you're seeing an incomplete picture.

First of all, farming for anything is harder if it isn't spring. Drop rates across the board are just...lower.

Second of all, major systems that will either reduce the need for or increase the efficacy of these things are not in yet (thralls, blueprints, factories)

Third and finally, there is a distinct lack of the interconnected market system that is supposed to be a huge part of the game's economy (thralls, blueprints, EK marketplaces, player-populated vendors, multiple types of campaign worlds).

It is true that, right now, the grind for the things at the endgame probably sucks. But that doesn't mean it's broken - that just means this is a test, and people really need to keep that in mind.

Edit: one day soon, I will have to change my signature, but until then, it remains relevant.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Posted (edited)

Get higher crafting, i can almost perfect roll purples without any rerolls.

Legendary usualy roll around the 100-110 mark with no rerolls, rerolls will put them at 119-120.8% (120.8 is cap it seems)

Full reroll blues usualy come out perfect score for me.
Purple unrerolled comes out quite a bit better than these rerolled blues

that being said i do have 158.7 experimentation skill or 173.7 with bontippers (195 is probaly the cap it seems but i found no possible way to hit that, may be able to squeeze 175 out but thats probs it)

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

14 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Legendary usualy roll around the 100-110 mark with no rerolls, rerolls will put them at 119-120.8% (120.8 is cap it seems)

Each amazing success pip gives you 8.05%. If you add 4.03% from "Are you insane?!" risk you get 12.08% per pip. As legendary gives you 10 pips per line the max is 120.8% as you deduced.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:51 AM, Parfax said:

I am on my phone so please excuse me if this ends up being a little rough. I would like to talk about gathering Chaos embers and hard caps on stats. 

We are starting to reach a point where we are gearing more towards having more pieces of gear purple then blue (some legendaries as well). They way the system is set up you are hard gated by chaos embers. To rerole an epic piece of gear you need at least 20-25 chaos embers. The big problem is the simple fact that inorder to get 20 chaos embers you can gather almost a full set of purple gears worth or purple ore.

This does 2 things, 1 it extremely deflates the price of epic ore and 2 inflates the price of chaos embers. Most people still don't realize this and sell them for cheap, but this is even starting to happen. We also are not incentivised to sell epic gear because the price is just to expensive for TRULY rolled epic pieces.

We farmed motherlodes at chaos keep on sunday for an hour and a half and got enough ore and stone for a ton of jewellery and armor, but we got 15 chaos embers. The system is set up in a way that is not even and we either need a way to better farm embers (one profession is a lot better than another) or lower the requirement for gear rerolls with embers.

im getting 1-12 chaos embers in 20 mins solo mining atm

Veeshan Midst of UXA

You seem to forget that they wanna create some trade hub. You cannot do this if everyone can make/drop everything alone.

It will probably create a second money other than gold (chaos ember) which is a good thing from my point of view.

Moreover, new players will also drop valuable stuff used by bigger guild, this will help them to develop faster or at least reduce the gap.