Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I realise that this has probably been asked a huge number of times but for the life of me I can’t find an answer. 

I absolutely adore what is being being done with this game and am thoroughly enjoying what the devs are working so hard to create. But I would really love to know whether Oceanic servers will be implemented?  If they are not planned, I’d prefer to take a step away from the game now so it doesn’t make the breakup/heartbreak worse 😂. It is such a great game so far but the latency issues for an Australian are near unplayable sometimes. We will never be competitive on an NA server.

thank you in advance for any response ♥️.

Last info was that it depends on how many backers there are from the region (with 20,000 being enough for a server):

Also relevant: 

There have been occasional CF tests run on a Sydney server before, so it's possible and some community organization might help.

tiPrpwh.png

1 hour ago, Matt1usL said:

So I realise that this has probably been asked a huge number of times but for the life of me I can’t find an answer. 

I absolutely adore what is being being done with this game and am thoroughly enjoying what the devs are working so hard to create. But I would really love to know whether Oceanic servers will be implemented?  If they are not planned, I’d prefer to take a step away from the game now so it doesn’t make the breakup/heartbreak worse 😂. It is such a great game so far but the latency issues for an Australian are near unplayable sometimes. We will never be competitive on an NA server.

thank you in advance for any response ♥️.

Miraluna was faster. :) Posting it anyways. Maybe it provides some additional informations to you.

We already had servers in singapour and sydney at several occasions within the last few years, for testing purposes. The basic question is less about what the developing company is willing to do, but how far it makes sense to them to invest more. In my experience with Crowfall, this depends a lot on the market (and the current development stage). And the market depends a lot on the players.

For example. One of the questions could be wether the market in a certain country is able to provide/produce players who are able to function as some kind of influencers. People who take the lead, who are able to inspire others and to make their regional community grow. If that happens, have no doubt that ACE would be the last who would complain. We did something like that for the european region. It wasn't for granted that the european community has been taken seriously. We fought for it. We (as a community) put a lot of work into it. Especially at the beginning it depended on a very few single persons who made the others follow.

Maybe you can do the same for your area. Or maybe someone can. If nobody can, there obviously isn't enough demand in your region. In that case you would need to wait until ACE can afford to intesify their approach there anyways. Both is possible. It just needs to be done by somebody. And regarding the point that we already had sydney servers ... the wall that has to be climbed by the players themselves isn't that high. If you need support, feel free to contact me or any other commited community members with experience. But it's also ok if you just want to wait. In that case it just may take longer.

In fact, that's two of the basic principles of Crowfall. "Risk versus reward" and "decisions matter". ;)

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

33 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Miraluna was faster. :) Posting it anyways. Maybe it provides some additional informations to you.

We already had servers in singapour and sydney at several occasions within the last few years, for testing purposes. The basic question is less about what the developing company is willing to do, but how far it makes sense to them to invest more. In my experience with Crowfall, this depends a lot on the market (and the current development stage). And the market depends a lot on the players.

For example. One of the questions could be wether the market in a certain country is able to provide/produce players who are able to function as some kind of influencers. People who take the lead, who are able to inspire others and to make their regional community grow. If that happens, have no doubt that ACE would be the last who would complain. We did something like that for the european region. It wasn't for granted that the european community has been taken seriously. We fought for it. We (as a community) put a lot of work into it. Especially at the beginning it depended on a very few single persons who made the others follow.

Maybe you can do the same for your area. Or maybe someone can. If nobody can, there obviously isn't enough demand in your region. In that case you would need to wait until ACE can afford to intesify their approach there anyways. Both is possible. It just needs to be done by somebody. And regarding the point that we already had sydney servers ... the wall that has to be climbed by the players themselves isn't that high. If you need support, feel free to contact me or any other commited community members with experience. But it's also ok if you just want to wait. In that case it just may take longer.

In fact, that's two of the basic principles of Crowfall. "Risk versus reward" and "decisions matter". ;)

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

I would love to assist however i can Kraahk. I've been suggesting new players try on a smaller scale within my online friend groups. What would you suggest i do to get the word out on a broader scale? Is there anyone I can speak to about helping out Sydney side ❤️?