Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vesperre

How to make the Fury Archetype more attractive

Hi,

Let's face it folks, the Fury spec is the red headed stepchild of the Templar Archetypes right now.  It can't heal/dmg like the others and it's main CC,  DL AoE knockdown, utility limited due to knockdown diminishing returns.  Right now there is simply no reason to bring one to a siege or any other group engagement.   So this is what I suggest.   Remove the knockdown, keep the daze but give DL these abilities instead.

Let's give the Fury true Tank abilities.

1)  Indignation - Any enemy characters affected by Divine Light receive a 30% dmg debuff against all opponents save the Templar itself for 15 secs.

2) Serve & Protect -  All friendly units withing a Fury Templar's Divine Light receive a 10% armor bonus vs. all dmg types.

3) Into the Valley of Death - After casting censure a Fury paladin receives a dmg barrier,6 sec CC immunity and a 25% combat speed increase.

Yes, I am crazy but I feel these changes would make the Fury paladin a lot attractive in group settings.  The extra mobility with the number 3 would also help finish off enemies.  Crowfall is definitely guilty of letting people off the hook to easily.

Cheers,

Vesperre

9 minutes ago, Vesperre said:

Hi,

Let's face it folks, the Fury spec is the red headed stepchild of the Templar Archetypes right now.  It can't heal/dmg like the others and it's main CC,  DL AoE knockdown, utility limited due to knockdown diminishing returns.  Right now there is simply no reason to bring one to a siege or any other group engagement.   So this is what I suggest.   Remove the knockdown, keep the daze but give DL these abilities instead.

Let's give the Fury true Tank abilities.

1)  Indignation - Any enemy characters affected by Divine Light receive a 30% dmg debuff against all opponents save the Templar itself for 15 secs.

2) Serve & Protect -  All friendly units withing a Fury Templar's Divine Light receive a 10% armor bonus vs. all dmg types.

3) Into the Valley of Death - After casting censure a Fury paladin receives a dmg barrier,6 sec CC immunity and a 25% combat speed increase.

Yes, I am crazy but I feel these changes would make the Fury paladin a lot attractive in group settings.  The extra mobility with the number 3 would also help finish off enemies.  Crowfall is definitely guilty of letting people off the hook to easily.

Cheers,

Vesperre

Divine Light is coded to work a little differently than other aoe's so I don't know if these buffs would be too much.  Adding these buffs to other abilities might work better but adding them to DL, prob a nope. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Paladins are considered the tank build for Templars, thet get the midigation bonus.

The problem with fury is the same as every other CC build they just have nothing top deal with retaliate. Giving CC spec ability to get past retaliate makes the class more useful. Atm all CC builds are less tanky, less dmg and overal pointless in comparison to the other 2 builds.

If they gave CC classes a talent that debuffs people they CC preventing them from retaliateong for a couple seconds based on CC control vs opponent CC defence the classes become much more useful, but till they have a way to go through retaliate they will continue to be subpar sijne they cant do there jobthey were designed for.

My main was Sentinel for a long time CC knight it was playable barely cause it had the CC chain to get atleast 1 full CC off when u chain them however removal of master of maces destroyed that class cause they no longer have the required amount of CC to get through there stamina bar to land a long lasting stun which involved 3 consecutive stuns the moment CC immune wore off from retaliate. 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

4 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Paladins are considered the tank build for Templars, thet get the midigation bonus.

The problem with fury is the same as every other CC build they just have nothing top deal with retaliate. Giving CC spec ability to get past retaliate makes the class more useful. Atm all CC builds are less tanky, less dmg and overal pointless in comparison to the other 2 builds.

If they gave CC classes a talent that debuffs people they CC preventing them from retaliateong for a couple seconds based on CC control vs opponent CC defence the classes become much more useful, but till they have a way to go through retaliate they will continue to be subpar sijne they cant do there jobthey were designed for.

My main was Sentinel for a long time CC knight it was playable barely cause it had the CC chain to get atleast 1 full CC off when u chain them however removal of master of maces destroyed that class cause they no longer have the required amount of CC to get through there stamina bar to land a long lasting stun which involved 3 consecutive stuns the moment CC immune wore off from retaliate. 

I agree that all of the CC builds are under whelming. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, veeshan said:

If they gave CC classes a talent that debuffs people they CC preventing them from retaliateong for a couple seconds

Thinking back to SWG, every ability took an amount of action and/or mind resource. Certain professions could directly attack an enemy's Action or Mind pool. Depending on the attack, they could focus on draining the pool, lowering the pools regen rate, or lowering the capacity of the pool. Combat Medic giving your group trouble? Get a rifleman to hit him with a couple of mind shots with a mindfire dot weapon, and that CM is neutralized.

What if CC classes could attack the enemies' stamina in the same way?

Edited by VaMei
Singular vs plural possessive fail...

5 hours ago, VaMei said:

What if CC classes could attack the enemies' stamina in the same way?

Definitely a cool idea and something I would be interested in seeing. 

I think stamina is a pretty much not considered in fights and I really think it should be. Putting in stamina play making and counter play could add another really cool layer to combat/build depth

Just give them debuffs on their CC.  You could add -% dmg dealt for enemies to their abilities.  Extra damage delt for allies.  The CC they have isn’t enough so give them more support abilities.  Add cools down reduction for standing in bad poorly made socks.  There’s a litany of things they could add but I doubt any of it’s going to be tomorrow. 

wiDfyPp.png

I don't find the CC templar as lacking as is said in this thread other than the retaliate issue that plagues everything. If that cant get resolved the CC lines getting more support effects would be cool. Something a long the lines of hot feet built into the base fury line would be interesting over the root it currently has or what mandalore has proposed. The KD & daze on divine light when it does its job is nice. The lvl 25 passive also is questionable  compared to the other two.

1 hour ago, MrErad said:

I don't find the CC templar as lacking as is said in this thread other than the retaliate issue that plagues everything. If that cant get resolved the CC lines getting more support effects would be cool. Something a long the lines of hot feet built into the base fury line would be interesting over the root it currently has or what mandalore has proposed. The KD & daze on divine light when it does its job is nice. The lvl 25 passive also is questionable  compared to the other two.

Templar CC line is definitely worse off than Paladin or Vindicator but I still believe that Templar as a whole is in need of a serious re-work. We do not have the mobility necessary to stick to our targets, the more mobile the target the worse off Templar does. In smaller scale fights, it can be downright frustrating. Fury talent line just shows how much of a problem we have with the number of CC effects and immunity to those effects that are currently implemented in CF. Its hard to have a CC spec work when you have retaliate which is almost always on cool down along with a number of discs that provide immunity or provide a number of buffs when someone gets CC'd. 

Personally I would like to see Templar's generate a pip every LMB attack and have some sort of slow applied to their target every 3rd LMB. While this may not fix all the problems it would go a long way towards allowing us to stick to a target.

Oh I wont disagree on templar cc line being the worst but thats all CC lines due to retaliate.  Yes our mobility is terrible hence why I prefer the Elken templar but going to be retiring him again for another human for group fighting.  A slow would help the class itself if we're not supposed to be mobile & something I would love to see instead of increased mobility but is already baked into righteous smash for the fury.  Maybe that slow should be moved as our baseline and single target & new ideas for the CC classes should be pitched.

The CC line could also be the anti-zerg/ balling promotions that force groups to separate a bit instead of stacking on top of each other . Right now the skills in game that do that are so poor that they might as well not exist & it would also be another form of control without it having to be a hard CC.  Firewall sort of had those properties until the new elementalist skill came out. Reverberating blow from Adjudicator if it did damage and didnt need the other players to be on top of each other would be interesting mechanics. I'm forgetting the druid skill but I believe its lightning rod?  Something along those lines for the CC classes. Maybe disable the Dodge for a few seconds after a skill from CC classes (this might be to evil though).  It would force sprint to be used in combat more . The other option & I'm not sure if its possible would be to make it that retaliate costs 2x-3x more if you were hit by a CC class or a stam regen debuff so it becomes harder to retaliate the longer the fight.  It might ease up on the spam and bring the other CC lines to the front .

On pip generation I still dont see why we need pip generation on every templar auto as suggested by people.  With autos , divine & righteous smash its nearly impossible to run out of pips unless you spam execute. Good resource management is a key thing for the the templar  but then again I might not have the same issues as other templars due to the heavy great sword & higher CD's.