Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damebix

Petition - Simple Fixing You Can Do Today!

Just now, dolmar said:

-1 No if we change rules we change it AFTER  the campaign. If your teams dont want to put in the work dont... 

You're right.  If they waited till next CW how do you feel about it? 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, dolmar said:

-1 No if we change rules we change it AFTER  the campaign. If your teams dont want to put in the work dont... 

LOL if you think they will implement anything before this CW is over

Just now, mandalore said:

You're right.  If they waited till next CW how do you feel about it? 

Yes it needs to be changed. We all know that. But mid stream is bad form. My hope is the Tribes taking the outpost and fighting them also for them will make it more fun and rewarding. 

Just now, dolmar said:

Yes it needs to be changed. We all know that. But mid stream is bad form. My hope is the Tribes taking the outpost and fighting them also for them will make it more fun and rewarding. 

How disgruntled would you be if this is the scoring system for dregs and we stand in circles to take each others stuff?

wiDfyPp.png

I think your suggestions would result in players only logging into the game when the forts go live and every 3 days when the siege goes live.  I think you're just frustrated with the lack of things to do in game.

I do think having 12 forts going active at once could be interesting though.  Mostly to reduce size of the fights to 15~ v15~ range factions would need to do in order to try and capture as many forts as they can. Of course a faction could limit their fort ambitions to only trying to defend/attack half the forts in order to get a better numerical advantage.

The problem would be, what do you do in between those times ?

9 minutes ago, blazzen said:
  1. Agree that we need some type of timer/vulnerability window on forts. 
  2. Disagree. This will potentially magnify the zone cap issues. Increased scarcity typically causes an increase in demand. I've yet to make it into the main siege zone despite several attempts over the last week because I can't afford to login 1-2 hours early. 
  3. I think there should be less outposts (10 per zone instead of 25) which would decrease their percentage of the total available points (currently 23.8%) while also potentially having more fights over them because of there being less of them overall. The capture timers need to be scaled for smaller groups and made faster also. 

I covered a good bit of this in the article linked below. It will take time for ACE to implement new features though. For now, if the everyday siege window, fort/outpost swapping, or any other issue is getting to you then do what I did and just take a break.  

https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/the-strategy-game/

Absolutely. Changes need to be made, and the point of this post is that there are some quick and easy fixes they can implement to bandaid the problem until they get the real fixes in.

Just now, Audin said:

I think your suggestions would result in players only logging into the game when the forts go live and every 3 days when the siege goes live.  I think you're just frustrated with the lack of things to do in game.

I do think having 12 forts going active at once could be interesting though.  Mostly to reduce size of the fights to 15~ v15~ range factions would need to do in order to try and capture as many forts as they can. Of course a faction could limit their fort ambitions to only trying to defend/attack half the forts in order to get a better numerical advantage.

The problem would be, what do you do in between those times ?

Stagger the fort times so they are going live at staggered times across the day?

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, dolmar said:

The title is "Simple Fixing You Can Do Today! 

I more interpreted to mean "with little effort" but I understand your sentiment better.

21 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

No arguments there. Standing in circles is bad game play, and constant fort flipping is also bad game play.

I just happen to think the proposed "immediate fixes" favor a very specific type of game play, and totally cuts out casual players from the greater war game, (solo's could not effectively contribute without camps) and are slanted towards "what will help us win" more than than better game play.

I would rather ACE implement real fixes, than spend time tweaking an incomplete system.  This last campaign has at least been competitive, and these changes would pretty much guarantee the next one wouldn't be.

I can bear up with great fortitude to the complaints about certain guilds feeling burnt out by the pace, considering how deaf to other players complaints those same guilds have been when it comes to "doing what it takes to win", even at the expense of those players game experiences.

Shoes on the other foot, and suddenly it's a "simple fix you can do today".  

-1, and I'm a Winterblades recruit. Smacken outlines my exact thoughts.

The replies so far are almost entirely +1's from -W- members.

Circle standing is no fun and solutions need to be implemented. But in the alpha game state, you are asking to essentially remove things for casual players to do.

I don't think the intent of the post is to make Winterblades win harder, which they would absolutely with proposed tweaks, that's just an unfortunate biproduct of the suggested tweaks to try to encourage the point system to reflect actual combat/conquest.

Yes I would love for this awful "point" system to be removed entirely, points are dumb as hell and will just be min-maxed at the expense of fun or engaging player interaction. Give actual conquest conditions to meet to win.

Stagger the fort times so they are going live at staggered times across the day?

Staggering would just mean the zergs would show up at each fort when they went live. Capping out the zone. Doesn't sound too appealing to me.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Audin said:

Staggering would just mean the zergs would show up at each fort when they went live. Capping out the zone. Doesn't sound too appealing to me.

What do you think is going to happen in dregs when there aren't factions for smaller guilds to use?  The zone cap is about performance concerns, not protecting smaller guilds.

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

I would love this to be the case, I just worry that would be more difficult to implement. I really think they should have 3 out of 12 forts active at a time. With each fort being available every 4 hours basically.

This would force you to choose which forts to attack. Do you split up? Do you overwhelm one and guarantee keeping it?

The very least I would like see is outposts give no points next CW because of how easy it would be and would push people to fort fights.

What do you think is going to happen in dregs when there aren't factions for smaller guilds to use? 

Im sorry, I thought we were talking about the current campaign rule set. Why bring up Dregs?

Just now, Audin said:

Im sorry, I thought we were talking about the current campaign rule set. Why bring up Dregs?

I edited my post while you responding, not trying to backdoor you or anything. 

wiDfyPp.png

+1

-----

My favorite types of PvP are things I can plan for. Mines and banes in Shadowbane were enjoyable forms of PvP for me. Mines may have been every day but you often didn't have to be on for a siege every single day of the week. 

The game currently doesn't have enough players to justify having points that can flip back and forth endlessly. It isn't a game of PvP, it is a game of who can get sick of the tug of war first.

If I spend every hour of free time I have standing in some circles and end up winning the campaign I may have won, but I certainly didn't have fun.

Capturing and holding an objective is worth too much. Doing something on the land you own should be worth more. Take a parcel. It is worth 30 points every 15 minutes.  But it should only be potential points.  You should only get 10 points for holding it. The other 20 points should be from things done on that parcel. Gathering, crafting,  killing players or mobs. 

Land being held and not used should be worth very little. Land being used should be worth more. Get people playing the game. 

Capping a location should not be a 20 minute affair for any number of people. Have 5 interactable things on each cap. Take 5 seconds to interact with each one. Getting hit stops your interaction and they can only be fiddled with out of combat. Each one adds a players worth of ooomph to the flip mechanic. So a single player can move around and flip a fort like 5 people once the guards are dead.  5 players can flip it faster. as if they were 10 players.  Each interactable is the same as killing a mob xp wise. Guards are of course also worth xp. 

Make peoples time valuable playing the game.  Camps should be flipping all the time and people who can read the map can tell where people are. Also the camps are flipped then people work the land around the camps and get points for gathering and harvesting and killing and creating things.