Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damebix

Petition - Simple Fixing You Can Do Today!

Another self-serving "contribution" (the OP), conveniently timed when the swing is against the "control trend".

IMO, the original post does not contemplate a game improvement, merely an admission that now they have to do what everyone else has to do, instead of pack-roaming and wanting not to have to WORK for a win.

What's really the problem? You run in packs of 2 groups (minimum) most of the time...how long does it take to flip a camp with 12 people? - LOL

Lots of up voters...wonder which guild they are in mostly (already a biased petition with results nothing more than utterly useless) ..., must have lifted the "forum code of silence" from within. :) 

This is more like...We aren't really winning this capping war...lets start a petition to change the rules to ones which suit us.

We can see right through this and I hope ACE does to. There is movement at the station!

PS.

Has anyone published the siege videos of the last couple of days? Must have missed seeing them :)

I disagree with this. Some of you here are now saying the game is about PvP. Then why did you all nutcup together. You just want to log on for the siege, out # everyone and win. That's all you will push this game to if you have set timers on the forts,  keeps and remove points for camps and towers. Everyone will disappear in-between. Stop acting like you are here from the health of this game. Half of you already said. "I will do anything to win" I guess that includes killing the game. This is a bad idea that just front loads your play style. It's boring capping camps and towers, but it's fun when you run into another small group doing the same. This game needs more small scale fights. We should be looking for ways to increase small scale. Now you are trying to kill that. Save all this log on twice a day to fight sieges and forts for your Dreggs. You will just have a similar issue as Darkfall. Leave factions alone!

I am not saying the current system is prefect.

@Ace please don't do this.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

I disagree with this. Some of you here are now saying the game is about PvP. Then why did you all nutcup together. You just want to log on for the siege, out # everyone and win. That's all you will push this game to if you have set timers on the forts,  keeps and remove points for camps and towers. Everyone will disappear in-between. Stop acting like you are here from the health of this game. Half of you already said. "I will do anything to win" I guess that includes killing the game. This is a bad idea that just front loads your play style. It's boring capping camps and towers, but it's fun when you run into another small group doing the same. This game needs more small scale fights. We should be looking for ways to increase small scale. Now you are trying to kill that. Save all this log on twice a day to fight sieges and forts for your Dreggs. You will just have a similar issue as Darkfall. Leave factions alone!

I am not saying the current system is prefect.

@Ace please don't do this.

Sorry? who is outnumbering who?

Keeping Forts as places to fight for points would make it MORE likely to run into someone.

We don't need an outpost every parcel to spread out people.

I just want to limit places people are to less locations to make it more likely to fight.

Edited by Ussiah

Make Spirit Banking only possible at the beachhead.

No idea if this requires new tech but it would really make the harvesting loop more exciting. 

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Krak you're one of my favorite people to discuss Cf with.  Is what we are advocating for bad because we, the enemy. are advocating for it?  Who cares who is pushing for a change the game needs?  We can all agree that standing in circles for hours is more about us spiting the other team than enjoying the game itself and thats just a bad mechanic then.  The circle poorly made socks is just bad when it can be done endlessly but anybody for hours undefended while the majority of the pop is you know working, sleeping, eating or in general living.  The match shouldn't be dictated by the silent majority that plays when the majority are of the server can't be on. 

It's not who, it's what. 

There are all sorts of other things that could have been suggested and have been in the past, (shorter cycle times for camps or, different capture mechanics based on killing/destruction) that won't cut out a significant portion of the games population.  The above suggestions favor one type of group, one type of play style, that frankly belongs in the dregs, not in faction play that is supposed to be by design more inclusive.  

Dregs not having camp points, great.  Dregs having longer period windows on keeps and forts so large guilds can rally the troops, also great.  That is not what the factions are for, so I would prefer it if the people pining for the dregs don't try to convert the faction world into them. 

Factions by nature are not as much play to win as dregs, so it's not factions fault or rules that a play to win team is burning themselves out trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

+1 forts and outposts are ridiculous, they don't bring anything to get game but tedium and boring gameplay.

Limiting the seige fights, the best and most enticing pvp in the game currently to every 3 days would remove what little pvp is already in the game. I do agree that circle standing is miserably boring and really scares away any new player base from playing as that's what the majority of the day becomes. I do agree that providing timers and locks would encourage more organized larger scale pvp which we are in dire need for. The intention behind this post is good but the type of changes you are requesting aren't favorable. I agree with Krakken's points and would rather the community and Ace discuss and develop a fix that really hits the problem. What your asking for would simply remove the casual player base and that would leave even less action for the big guilds. Lets implement changes that engages and benefits everyone.

It is also unfair that the majority of +1 voters are all Winterblades and HOA members. You are trying to force personal bias that impacts an entire community, this includes the thousands of players that are waiting for a healthier game and community before trying and or returning to play. There is a lot of voices/opinions that go unheard on these forums, not all people are as vocal.

i enjoy playing this game. healing my people, farming whatever ore. wood . gold, exp to lvl up people...

the idea of logging into a video game to stand still and do nothing while u capture a fort, tower or outpost seems really odd to me.

and then to make that worth 99% of the points u earn to claim a victory and "win" seems to make an even worse idea.

an easier fix could be to make keeps n forts worth less, make kills worth more. or is it possible to make deaths subtract from thier faction score?

maybe once zone caps are increased we could have a CW with just 1 keep to fight for.

maybe once zone caps are increased we could have a CW with only 1 POI for each resource type (instead of each faction gettin thier own adventure zone with all 3 types in it, say...balance adv zone gets wood, chaos gets stone, order gets ore for example each being 3x bigger than they currently are)

help me out with another thought..why do forts even exist? why do we have so many?

right now we  have some high rank forts, with some useful stuff to farm... (reducing players in POI's thus decreasing their effectiveness / use )

right now we get a bonus to craft in a keep...forts offer the same crafting tables (minus jewlery making), but no bonus

forts also offer a statue to respawn at, but with several rune gates per zone does this even matter anymore?

is it possible to offer more uses to these forts, like, u must own fort X to activate X runegate to another zone

i dont know, maybe that idea is bad, but as for right now, i just cant seem to care about owning this fort, or that fort, it holds no value to me other than that precious circle.

19 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It's not who, it's what. 

There are all sorts of other things that could have been suggested and have been in the past, (shorter cycle times for camps or, different capture mechanics based on killing/destruction) that won't cut out a significant portion of the games population.  The above suggestions favor one type of group, one type of play style, that frankly belongs in the dregs, not in faction play that is supposed to be by design more inclusive.  

Dregs not having camp points, great.  Dregs having longer period windows on keeps and forts so large guilds can rally the troops, also great.  That is not what the factions are for, so I would prefer it if the people pining for the dregs don't try to convert the faction world into them. 

Factions by nature are not as much play to win as dregs, so it's not factions fault or rules that a play to win team is burning themselves out trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

+1 

Well said 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

2 hours ago, damebix said:

2)  Increase siege timers to every 3 days (72 hours)

Do not agree with this. I'm a PST player and am not always home for the siege hour, so it's already very restrictive on the time of day. Adding even more restriction to every third day would make it even more unlikely for me to be able to participate in major game content. 

3-Faction ruleset is intended to be friendlier to players that have more limited play time so additional content restrictions don't seem like a good idea. Dregs can have a longer timer or best case, a proper siege negotiation window to solve the problem.

tiPrpwh.png

2 minutes ago, miraluna said:

Do not agree with this. I'm a PST player and am not always home for the siege hour, so it's already very restrictive on the time of day. Adding even more restriction to every third day would make it even more unlikely for me to be able to participate in major game content. 

3-Faction ruleset is intended to be friendlier to players that have more limited play time so additional content restrictions don't seem like a good idea. Dregs can have a longer timer or best case, a proper siege negotiation window to solve the problem.

How do you feel about circle fall though.  You tend to have good politically neautral post.  Is this standing in circles for hours to back cap the other team and have zero engagement in that time good? 

Dame pushing for 3 day Times is a direct callback for Shadowbane bane timers.  I get that being a bad fit for factions.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

3 minutes ago, mandalore said:

How do you feel about circle fall though

Outposts need some rethinking. They allow solo/small groups to contribute to the score (one of the reasons to have small scale objectives), but it does not generate any PvP or have any immediate reward in the current implementation . So you end up standing in the circle for too long with no pvp, and no other gain than points = not much fun.

tiPrpwh.png

3 minutes ago, miraluna said:

Outposts need some rethinking. They allow solo/small groups to contribute to the score (one of the reasons to have small scale objectives), but it does not generate any PvP or have any immediate reward in the current implementation . So you end up standing in the circle for too long with no pvp, and no other gain than points = not much fun.

Outposts are part of the problem but forts feel worse for some reason.  I can see a few people or solo players taking outposts but forts are too easy to flip and worth too much sonyou just constantly do it.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The 3-faction ruleset needs to be fun for the more casual/average/solo CF player. The problem with gating content on long timers is this:

https://www.superdataresearch.com/market-data/mmo-market/

Average MMO gamer plays 10 hrs a week, in 2 hour play sessions.

Putting everything on 12-hr to 3-day timers will not make the game more fun for the average player, good content needs to be available for everyone's 2-hour play session on any given day.

We are currently testing 3-faction ruleset, when we get to test Dregs in 6.0 we can give feedback on how that works for hardcore players/guilds.

tiPrpwh.png

3 hours ago, damebix said:

@ACE

There are SIMPLE fixes you can do today to improve your player experience and still get all of the testing data you need.  Please reply here with a +1 to sign the petition!

1)  Put any kind of TIMER on the capture of forts (6 hrs, 12 hrs, anything!)

2)  Increase siege timers to every 3 days (72 hours)

3)  Make outposts useless again. Remove the points attained from them (for now).  

We know all of the stuff above works, so let's put it on hold until other systems are in that improve the points mechanics.

THANK YOU!

1 ) -1

we dont need timer, we need reason to stay on a fort after taking it.

2 ) -1

and people play only 1 hour every 3 days ?
i dont see the point here.

3 ) -1

outpost must do something else than point

At the time of writing, I note the OP has a total of 34 captures. Doesn't seem like a person qualified to call such a silly petition, nor to judge this aspect of the game. 

1. May I ask, how many of these points were from capturing camps and towers?

2. How many were from Forts?

3. How many were from Solo actions?

Myself, on the other hand having nearly 500 captures thinks the motivation for this is clouded manipulation...yet again.