Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damebix

Petition - Simple Fixing You Can Do Today!

5 minutes ago, miraluna said:

The 3-faction ruleset needs to be fun for the more casual/average/solo CF player. The problem with gating content on long timers is this:

https://www.superdataresearch.com/market-data/mmo-market/

Average MMO gamer plays 10 hrs a week, in 2 hour play sessions.

Putting everything on 12-hr to 3-day timers will not make the game more fun for the average player, good content needs to be available for everyone's 2-hour play session on any given day.

We are currently testing 3-faction ruleset, when we get to test Dregs in 6.0 we can give feedback on how that works for hardcore players/guilds.

I mostly agree with the conclusion, but that report is suspect for at least two reasons. It's almost 3 years old now, and they list League of Legends as the top grossing MMO, which is far more causal and specifically designed to be played in sub hour matches. 

That said, I suspect the average player has gotten more casual, not less, in the intervening years.

3 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It's almost 3 years old now, and they list League of Legends as the top grossing MMO, which is far more causal and specifically designed to be played in sub hour matches. 

That said, I suspect the average player has gotten more casual, not less, in the intervening years.

LoL is actually a great example of a game that works well for both casual/average players and high-skilled, tournament level players. Great formula for attracting a broader playerbase.

The CF concept of different rulesets for different types of players is solid and should not be compromised.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, miraluna said:

LoL is actually a great example of a game that works well for both casual/average players and high-skilled, tournament level players. Great formula for attracting a broader playerbase.

The CF concept of different rulesets for different types of players is solid and should not be compromised.

It's a great example, it's just not what I would call a MMORPG style game like CF.

They coined the term MOBA for a reason, and to put one of those on the same chart for time spent in game as World of Warcraft, muddies the water about what is actually being measured and compared.

Now can CF add/supplement the MMORPG experience with a bit of MOBA style play when dealing with single events like fort capture and war tribes.  

Maybe.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

9 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

MMORPG

MMORPG is a subcategory of MMO.  It would be naive to not consider all MMOs as competition for a gamer's time and money. If the reality is that I enjoy PvP and I only have a certain 2 hours a day to play a game, what can I choose? Hopefully Crowfall can provide a good "on demand" experience for everyone, because the hardcore part of an audience is usually the smallest.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)

Limiting content in a game with such scarce content by making it even scarcer would be a terrible decision for this game. So unfortunately these days it stands to be implemented, catering design this early on around a small handful of disgruntled and vocal players(compared to the amount that backed the kickstarter) is ludicrous. Further the legitimacy of the feedback on this thread is questionable at best, lots of new accounts are coming in and offering nothing but +1.

The score system is fundamentally broken in this current iteration of it, however removing all of the small groups of peoples ability to have an impact on the game is nothing but a recipe for a ghost town. I'm not seeing very many people advocating that the current system is perfect or even good, but it at least allows for some constant impact and score changing by the majority of players. I sincerely question the motives of those trying to limit others ability to even play the game through the use of time gates.

Edited by Remlap

58 minutes ago, Shiner said:

At the time of writing, I note the OP has a total of 34 captures. Doesn't seem like a person qualified to call such a silly petition, nor to judge this aspect of the game. 

Lol he’s the guild leader of Winterblades.  You know, that guild with the most points, most captures, highest KDA.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1: +1Having a bane of forts even a small size bane or some time of mechanic small mechanic would be cool, promote nice small scale PvP, forts are worth a ton and having them just able to be easily flipped by 3 mans or less can be frustrating for anyone. 

2:+0 I do believe siege time in the future with more content could be extended to a more weekly event but how often that event to have population hype would be is questionable

3:-1 outposts are a good way in a po in based competition that we have ATM for a smaller group or solo player to be able to contribute to their faction as well as introduces more of gorilla capturing 

I don't think the things mentioned in this petition will be used exactly for future changes, but I'm sure ACE will look at the feed back and ideas that everyone is giving as possibilities so thank you all

7 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I say guests' votes shouldn't be counted. Go try to cheat somewhere else....

Guests?  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Why would the rankings matter in a public found discussion? Everyone who plays should be able to give their opinions on the content in game

2 minutes ago, simisoft said:

Why would the rankings matter in a public found discussion? Everyone who plays should be able to give their opinions on the content in game

Well yes, but actually no.

6 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Yep. Read above the profile pic.

I am a Raven. You are a Jackdaw. Medelyn above is a guest.

So because we post more our opinions matter?  WELL WELL WELL KNEEL BEFORE MANDALORE!  You think the 50k backers should all be posting in pre alpha to have an opinion about what works or doesn’t?

wiDfyPp.png

15 minutes ago, simisoft said:

I don't think guests have even bought in. It's an effective way of weeding out uninformed opinions. 

1 minute ago, Samulus said:

I don't think guests have even bought in. It's an effective way of weeding out uninformed opinions.

hmm possibly true, the example guest Medelyn plays a frequent amount, and is on the scoreboard, it is a Lil difficult to check people who do or don't have time in game so understandable

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

So because we post more our opinions matter?  WELL WELL WELL KNEEL BEFORE MANDALORE!  You think the 50k backers should all be posting in pre alpha to have an opinion about what works or doesn’t?

Eh, not really. Was it anybody else or a different situation I would let them go unnoticed. As it is, it seems like a blatant insult to everyone else intelligence.

"Herp derp lets make a petition!"

Bunch of unknows appears out of nowhere to sign the petition.

Really folks? This is how y'all wanna play?