Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.8.5 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 3/6/19

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.5 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Client is maintenance mode, so I'll just post some feedback from yesterday

March 5, 2019

• Aracoix!!! Urgu!!! Satyrs!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hype! Hype! Hype!
    • They actually use class powers!!!! HYYYYYPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    • The Wartribe parcels were surprisingly empty. Just flatland with mobs loitering around
    • Aracoix Assassins popping from stealth were a pleasant surprise
    • Fought a couple of Bosses and Lieutenants, I wasn't impressed by their drops (though I didn't fight a ton of them)
    • Are all Wartribe parcels r7? A pretty neat way to place high rank resources on the edges of the world
    • All these new mobs begs the question: Bears?
      • Also, Aracoix Frostweavers, when? :P
  • Aracoix Assassins would randomly attack the air for no reason,  none of the other mobs did that
  • Spider forest! 😮 Can we get some Elk or Auroch Forests/Planes/Pastures aswell?
    • Since we have Zombie Canyons, any chance for Wartribe Canyons aswell?
  • None of the Wartribe mobs wield weapons, they just attack you with their hands while pretending to use weapons
  • When walking diagonally backwards as a Minotaur Ranger, your weapons get out-of-sync with your hands, so it looks like they're floating

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)

My feedback also concerns wartribes, at least to start.

They're more fun than normal mobs because they're harder and because they use class powers (and sort of work together).  However, their loot drops are entirely disappointing.  No body part additives for necromancers, the same gold as regular mobs, and no sacrifice items.  Also, wartribes shouldn't spawn on a parcel and stay there - there shouldn't be wartribe parcels - wartribes should move across the world and do stuff.  Right now they're just mobs that use character models and powers for an easy (low-cost in terms of modeling, animation, and effects) increase in mob variety.  Also, why haven't the rights-owners of Shadowbane sued you yet over blatant copying.  Bane trees, aracroix... you're making shadowbane2 here.  Did the rights revert to wolfpack and Todd bought them or something?

My rangers do the same dmg with basic arrows as they do with legendary quivers.  Blair says quivers are contributing dmg.  The question is now "how much, and is it the proper amount?".

Hunger shard weapon additive drop rate with 5 pips is LOWER than with 2 pips in 5.8.4 and although my sample size on 5.8.5 is really small, the drop rate for 5 pips there is also abysmally low.

Capturing outposts is boring.  That mechanic needs to change.

The entire "capture and abandon" mechanic for point-generating sites (forts, outposts, even keeps) needs to change.   Crowfall needs to be a game of territory control.  Capping a fort to get the capture bonus, then abandoning it to run and grab the next fort while an enemy group does the same circuit a few forts behind has to be the stupidest scoring mechanic I've ever encountered.  In trying to prevent uncle bob syndrome by giving capture bonuses, you've made it unimportant to hold what we've taken.  Defending a fort gives nothing.  The holding points are good, but it makes more sense to let a fort be captured and to take it back shortly thereafter than it does to defend.  Capturing during off hours is the best way to score points.  The whole points system is essentially built around avoiding pvp for efficient captures.

Siege fights aren't fun.  Walls, Trees of Life, bane trees, and siege engines all need more health.  

Your large group combat in general sucks.  Blob vs blob, with focus fire targets called for 30+ attackers on a single target is stupid.  Find a way to make us spread out some.  Make formations matter.  Make group tactics matter.  You've limited group size to 5.  Do something to make blobs of 50 inefficient (ok more inefficient (ok, do something to make small group cohesion matter more)).  Limit healing (even ground effect) to groupmates only.  Give knights/templars an armor aura like clerics get holy aura (only smaller, and not removed by casual ubiquitous CC).

Small group combat (under 10v10) is where crowfall shines.  Try to make more of that happen.

Edited by Durenthal

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Spider forest! 😮 Can we get some Elk or Auroch Forests/Planes/Pastures aswell?

•  

this... we NEED more animals in forests or make their own adventure zones. IT'S OK to put more than one animal in a forest... i dont see why one has spiders the other cats. it's a forest.

so much hate on leather, i had a guy bring me 100 soft leather that he got by farming ONE R10 auroch for days. because apparently having more than one is game breaking

Edited by yianni

Posted (edited)

@Durenthal

I did a basic calculation which I hope explain why ranger deal no damage but this probably apply to almost all classes.

MIN damage MAX damage Armor penetration
(ex: crushing)
Armor mitigation
(ex: crushing)
HP    
White Bow 32.00 46.00 0.03        
Blue bow 41.00 57.00 0.10        
Basic arrow 14.00 21.00 0.00        
Blue quiver 50.00 72.00 0.00        
White plate armor       0.19      
Blue plate armor       0.31      
White mail armor       0.14      
Blue mail armor       0.22      
White plate part         1000.00    
Blue plate part         2000.00    
White mail part         750.00    
Blue mail part         1400.00    
Passive tree     0.15 0.18      
      (9% elemental ranger)        

Basic attack calculation formula 227 - 307 + 2.67*Weapon damage        
  227.00 307.00 2.67        

Calculation (White on White)     Comments Calculation (Blue on blue)     Comments
White bow 32.00 46.00   Blue bow 41.00 57.00  
basic arrow 14.00 21.00   Blue quiver 50.00 72.00  
basic attack output 349.82 485.89 Before mitigation basic attack output 469.97 651.43 Before mitigation

Without armor penetration tree for attacker      

Output damage on white plate 230.88 320.69 After mitigation Output damage on blue plate 286.68 397.37 After mitigation
Output damage on white mail 248.37 344.98   Output damage on blue mail 328.98 456.00  

With armor penetration tree for attacker      

Output damage on white plate 283.35 393.57   Output damage on blue plate 357.18 495.09  
Output damage on white mail 300.85 417.87   Output damage on blue mail 399.47 553.72  

Gain between white/blue equipements in percentage          
  MIN damage MAX damage Comments        
Gain damage on plate with blue stuff 24.17 23.91 %        
Gain damage on mail with blue stuff 32.45 32.18 %        

Gain damage on plate with blue stuff 26.05 25.79 %        
Gain damage on mail with blue stuff 32.78 32.51 %        

Meanwhile HP increase by 200% on helmet, gloves and boots between white and blue stuff.      

I dunno where the final damage modifier applies but anyway it is far from enough with such a gap.

I did not consider all the defensive discipline or talents but basically you need more arrow the higher the stuff is (with equal stuff between you and your ennemy) :)

Edited by Vlaana

Due to this 

• Wooden boards can no longer be used in the weapon grip recipe.

Can we expect an item or weapon wipe in the near future to normalize weapons on Live for people that have known about this exploit and have undoubtedly been taking advantage of it?

Posted (edited)

Might as well item wipe.  Other guilds have been using that exploit for ~20% dmg boosts on their weapons for awhile now.  gg, on using exploits in a pre-alpha testing environment.  It's an effective weapon wipe for us, since we have to remake everything now with it to remain competitive.  Guess, it's an exploit war from here on out.  

Edited by Grimarr

4 hours ago, Phr00t said:

Due to this 

Can we expect an item or weapon wipe in the near future to normalize weapons on Live for people that have known about this exploit and have undoubtedly been taking advantage of it?

Who knew about this? 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

On 3/8/2019 at 6:34 AM, Phr00t said:

Due to this 

next wipe i think will probaly be when they do the armor changes i would suspect

Posted (edited)

I really like the guard hippos in the keep.  You have to invest in the keep now.  Cool.  Also, expensive.  Oh wow, outpost guards, too.

I don't like that you've taken out the free mats on TEST.  I've lost all my good gear due to being on TEST campaigns that have gone offline and ended whilst offline.  It'd be nice to be able to replace my lost gear without spending hours farming on TEST.

Edited by Durenthal

ran to outpost

no guards. neat, this is easy.

capture outpost.

purchase guards thing on the ground, thats neat. says phase 0 of 10 cost 1000 gold.   gave them 1000 gold spawns rank 10 guard, no other phases.

these guards seem to have 100m range again. 

these camps for wartribes look amazing.

kill some mob and they instantly respawn

Posted (edited)

Satyr - All Mobs have no weapons

Satyr - Confessor Class has Cleric Abilities

Satyr - Cleric Class has Confessor Abilities

Satyr - Ranger 

• 100m Range

Ugru.

Archers

• No bow equipped.
  • 100m Range

Mrymidom Boss

• No weapons Equipped.
  • Whirl Wind will still damage player when knocked down or killed.
  • Throw Weapon? - Does no damage, no visual of weapons being thrown in the air
  • Jump Slam on ground - Stun, large area for stun (not sure if intended)

Lieutenant

• No weapons equipped.
  • Whirl Wind will still damage player when knocked down or killed.
  • Throw Axe - Ranged ability but can't see any type of visual of axes hitting me from range or flying in air. 

Champion

• Champions Jump Stun can jump for 20+ m to target and large area of stun aswell.
  • No weapons equipped.

Edited by Deathadder

Posted (edited)
  • Aracoix, Satyr and Urgu respawn immediately when killed. Anyone who fights these mobs currently has to pull out of the camp or get nailed by the replacement.
  • Loot drops for Satyr, Aracoix and Urgu, as indicated before, are horrible for these given the effort.  All seem to be around 35 gold, small amount of dust and some arrows.
  • tower guards hurt, 100 meters. ouch.
  • Aracoix boss on the north side of the Lindarus camp is not seen on any stealth detection yet appears out of nowhere.
  • The purchasing of guards is interesting but it appears they have to be purchased each time they die. Is that correct?
  • Hunger shards - I have not seen any additives drop. I've hit about 30 nodes. Maybe I'm unlucky. Only the sacrifice shards were given and the value of those are very limited. 

Edited by Spawl