Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jjusticar

Theorycrafting/Information Discord Bot for Crowfall

Hi everyone! Jj here.

I've started working on a new project in the little off time that I have which is my Jj's Builder Bot! It's a discord bot that should, in theory, help people with creating builds and getting quick information about certain abilities, disciplines, races, etc.

Intended features will eventually be; 

• Getting tooltip information on abilities, races, disciplines, and whatever else is needed.
  • Suggest abilities that fall under certain categories such as; Damage, CC, Area Control, Mobility, etc to help players quickly and easily find abilities that may match up to whatever build they are trying to create.
  • Save, store, and show builds that you may create and like to save.
  • Calculate basic damage numbers and advanced damage numbers based on character stats for quick reference.
  • Whatever else you guys can think would be handy to have!

I've currently got the first two features completed, however I have not fully imported all the abilities from races, disciplines, and promotion classes. That's where I could use some help from you guys, the community! It takes ages to record all the tooltip information from every class and promotion class by needing to level up a character of each promotion/class. If you guys have fully trained classes and promotion classes I would be super grateful if you could quickly record your class abilities tooltip information including;

• Name
  • Type (active or passive)
  • Category (CC, Thorns, Healing, etc. though I know most of them by memory already)
  • Description (the ability description including damage formulas)
  • Targeting (cone, rectangle, etc)
  • Cooldown
  • Range
  • Promotion/Class it is from

Again it would be super helpful if anyone is interested in helping out gathering this data. Thanks for reading and if you have any feedback, ideas, or suggestions please let me know! 

Below are just a few screencaps of the first two basic commands in action!

P52BCtJ.png

This is an example of getting ability information

DQe2suC.png

This is an example of suggesting abilities based on what type of ability you are looking for (I know haunt is not CC, but I was just testing for multiple abilities). Eventually being able to add more filters will make the command easier, more accurate, and take up less chat lines.

P.S. is Malekai updated regularly? If so then you can regard the plea for help!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jjusticar said:

P.S. is Malekai updated regularly? If so then you can regard the plea for help!

It gets updated whenever @Scree has time. I think he's still updating the changes from 5.8.0 :P

He also has the Malekai Bot in the Unofficial Discord, maybe he'll be willing to let you use the backend? ;)

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, Scree said:

This has been a feature of MalekaiBot for years now. And yea... Malekai's data is still a perpetual work in progress. Getting some good progress in lately though.

oh very cool @Scree! Had no idea there was something like this out there already! Thought it would be a really fun project to mess around with, looks like yours is much more polished. 

How up to date are your abilities on malekai as of now, rough estimate? Just curious for seeding my backend and seeing if I can skip all the work of leveling up and whatnot lol

On 3/8/2019 at 6:32 PM, Jjusticar said:

oh very cool @Scree! Had no idea there was something like this out there already! Thought it would be a really fun project to mess around with, looks like yours is much more polished. 

How up to date are your abilities on malekai as of now, rough estimate? Just curious for seeding my backend and seeing if I can skip all the work of leveling up and whatnot lol

As of this weekend, all of the disciplines (major/minor/exploration) are now fully updated. 4 of the classes are fully updated. I still have a bunch of these to clear.