Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since it has already been stated that we will roll with 3 characters per account, I would like the Dev team to consider a shared bank.

If I have a crafter on one of the characters, I'd like to be able to provide for my other 2 alts.  I would like to be able to do this without using a third party.

Sharing resources between my alts, I guess, would be something else to be considered. However, resource sharing would have to have limitations regarding importing and exporting to the EK, which is a topic that still needs to be revealed.

288mqgz.png

i like the convenience of a bank shared among the Characters in your roster for convenience sake...that being said it would be logical to guess that such would be the case in the Eternal Kingdoms...which i am guessing is going to be a personal "pocket dimension" for Guilds and possibly even individuals...

we will see

that being said...for the Campaign worlds, it has got to be local banks, imo...for various PvP reasons such as those already mentioned....

we will see...

is it tuesday yet?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

local banks pls!

force people to transport their ressources!

if you want to transfer to an alt, then do it via chests in houses/castles, if you don't want to involve a third party

Cross-character banks can also be local, just like the chest you mentioned is local ^_^

For some reason, I've garnered the idea that there will be a caravan of sorts to reap and transfer ore, etc. from say a mine to home base. If that's along the lines of how that works then I would like to keep that intergral to the gameplay for the sole reason of incentivising PvP and pillaging of said items therein. Mercenaries, toll roads, hiring another guild or specialized group to either guard or attack the caravan just sounds like plain fun.

Now, after the ore, gear, and what have you make its way safely into town, and there isn't a specific gameplay reason as to why these individual items cannot be shared, then I'm all for a shared inventory, of sorts, between ones own account.

Though, I'd much rather prefer a merchant hut in town or a storage container. This way it isn't 100% safe in your personal safebox. No idea how castle seiging or infiltrating will play out so that may be a pointless interjection.

Ultimately, I want to be able to share my personal inventory, or a slection of, to my friends and guildmates for anyone to access when they choose. A communicable guild storage, with variable restriction settings to be owner controlled, and a seperate storage shared between appointed individuals. "Yep, I have that item on my alt. Let me abandon everything I was doing so I can break the immersion of the game to log out, then into the alt, trade, out, then in again and back to what I was doing." Or, "Check the shiny chest in the store room." Come on.

Or4vDvn.png

Shared bank = death of crafting and a multitude of other features.

Local bank is a must. If they fail to do this, the game will suffer dramatically. You need to use a third party, either by way of a player run business or a friend. To support the economy.

Death of crafting is quite a broad statement to make through only severely limited information and, I'm sure, a fair amount of bias opinion. Can you imagine being under siege and having everyone to stop and craft new boots and swords in the heat of battle? That's extremely laughable. There must be a reserve supply. It's easy to assume that not every member in a guild is going to think five steps ahead and stock pile replacements. That's a guild task that would be needed to prepare before hand.

Or4vDvn.png

If one of my characters on my account is crafting, I'm sure as heck going to want to share my crafted armor, helms etc. with my other characters on the same account. The only way to do that is through a shared bank.

Edited by ozzie mozzie
288mqgz.png

+1 local bank

+1 money-lender / item transfer NPC

+1 hand it to a guildie/friend

-100,000,000,000 shared banking for toons

The reason is this---

I craft in ESO and I am a packrat, the shared bank is killing me for storage.

I don't mind the 'buy-bank-space-with-gold' but I cannot generate enough money to buy the space to hold all the items I collect to craft with or the items I have to hold from quest rewards, just the 'cool-random-items-I-found-and-want-hold-on-to-to-show-folks---just-because'

IF and I say IF, you can have Chests-of-holding or other 'Bags' in your bank and store items in them, then the 'Shared Banking' would not be so bad.

I'm not sure how I feel bout anything regarding banks..I'ma have to think bout this one...we have global, shared, and local right? Anything else I'm missing?

I guess off the top of my head...

global makes it so you are free to go to any bank, so travelling / where you are isn't a huge concern..

local makes it so you'll most likely setup base camp around a few banks / have a few banks you go to on the reg..

shared makes things easy to trade between your own characters/guild members

...I think it all comes down to how travel works in the game, how the map is laid out in terms of how many banks / how far apart / how much someone can carry with/without a 'caravan' or whatever you wish to call them....we'll see

local banks pls!

force people to transport their ressources!

if you want to transfer to an alt, then do it via chests in houses/castles, if you don't want to involve a third party

^ This.

I really want Local banks. <_<

No global banks plox! :rolleyes:

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

There are pros and cons.

Really, if I want to give my newbie character something I'll just ask a friend to help me during the process or mail it to me, if there's mail with items in-game.

I don't really see any drawbacks of shared bank within the account... what I REALLY NEED is that the bank is global in the world, meaning, if there are 10 different cities with banks in them, they all have the same bank.

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

Shared bank in a game like this could be difficult.  If it is anywhere except Eternal Kingdoms, it could ruin most of the game.  

You could easily get resources on one character and transfer them to a different faction that is otherwise having an incredibly hard time getting them.  If it was across servers, then that defeats the purpose of import rules.