Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Trials and Tribe-ulations - Official discussion thread

23 minutes ago, Corpran said:

had no idea this was happening,  been looking at the News articles on crowfall.com all day and there was no mention of them happening

Same. This was mentioned like a week ago, but there was no way I would remember something that far away...

A heads up would have been nice.

41 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Same. This was mentioned like a week ago, but there was no way I would remember something that far away...

A heads up would have been nice.

I put a reminder in my phones calendar.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, Corpran said:

flip phone calendars suck

What 2002 sorcery is this? 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

13 hours ago, Corpran said:

had no idea this was happening,  been looking at the News articles on crowfall.com all day and there was no mention of them happening

i had no idea either...... until i was linked the schedule for the streamer week 45 min prior to it going live, which can only b found via twitter...

Don't have a twitter account, so I would not have seen it.  I still think it should be on Crowfall.com

32 minutes ago, Medicaid said:

i had no idea either...... until i was linked the schedule for the streamer week 45 min prior to it going live, which can only b found via twitter...

I watched the video and think a day between campaigns with only EK access is a good idea, time to build up basic resources, as they are still very much needed.  But much more than a day would be too much.   

1 hour ago, Devonic said:

I watched the video and think a day between campaigns with only EK access is a good idea, time to build up basic resources, as they are still very much needed.  But much more than a day would be too much.   

Build up basic resources?  Who is using basics still?  You can do that in the temple are and never be ganked. 

wiDfyPp.png

15 hours ago, mandalore said:

Build up basic resources?  Who is using basics still?  You can do that in the temple are and never be ganked. 

There are still many uses for basic, especially if you have not been playing constantly since the last skill wipe. basic rune tools still can be of use.

Coal is a big one that you can use knotwood and there seems to be no difference in the output of your armor.

The temple are is good, but it maybe crowded at times

Edited by Devonic

Finally got around to watching the stream.

Was a bit unneasy when I heard about the attack windows, but if they are planned to only focus the smaller playing pop it seems alright. The key will be to always have some options available to all players.

Good call on the outposts. They aren't working that well I agree, but scrapping them is a foolish idea.

The part where you guys say other promotions are good but players have to discover them is good on paper but not so much IRL.It is not even really about taking the route of least resistance it is about matchin' effort. One promo is straightforward, okay, but the other requires experimentation plus discs (which will become even more of a issue when we have to craft/find/whatever them). It isn't really logical to expect players to go trough all that trouble.

Not when the easy route is faster and easier with similar (perhaps better) results. I mean, going thought that trouble to make a trash build simply good doesn't seem worth. Instead of trash -> good it should be more of a good -> top.

@thomasblair Can you sacrifice one of those secret builds to make your point? You might as well be talking about unicorns. It would give us some real data to us to look at and use, plus it would certainly get players to move off their lazy asses to search for other examples.

Changes to armor seeems great. I think nobody likes the way it works right now. 5.9 is gonna be a massive overhaul.

I love how Pann just went "Frostweaver" and how that was enough to bring the point across. I wouldn't worry about making the FW too awesome. Instead of bringing it down I'd rather you guys bring up all the others classes to match it. So go crazy. Make it the best possible. I would certainly appreciate if it ends up awesome and becomes the other classes' goal.

I love how the part about giving us a reason to go out and murder a whole other race.

"Why did you kill that whole tribe?"

"I needed their feathers officer."

Edited by BarriaKarl

One element of the proposed 'intermission' between campaigns that was not mentioned, albeit important, is time for leaders to take a short break.  The faction and guild leaders make the game better for everyone as a result of providing organization and leadership in the field.  These folks are in there every night doing their thing.  They need that well deserved break, if only for a day or two.

WWII Online had a 3 day intermission between campaigns, but they used it to run short run scenarios and/or modified rule sets.  For example, you could do an intermission with all captures turned off and points awarded only for kills.  Make the season spring so the gathers and crafters can get a few extra good days for harvesting.  Anyway, I don't know if you have the resources to setup these short run intermissions campaigns but in the future it would be an opportunity to twist a few nobs and still have a short run campaign up for peeps to play.