Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bazarov

Spirit Bank

First, I know I'm not the first with ideas on the spirit bank, so sorry for the repeated data, but I wanted to put a few thoughts from different posts and have some questions.  I've only been in game a month or so, so most of you know quite a bit more than I do about why things are the way they are and what the plans for the future are.  I'll start with the questions.

- Why is there a spirit bank import/export limit?  Do players need to be restrained from importing things into the campaigns?  Has anyone hit that limit?

- The export limit is merely an inconvenience in it's current form with players only needing to empty out, unlock, and come back in to the campaign.  Inconvenience should not be designed into the game.  If the limit is there to actually limit players ability to transfer items from the campaign world, the count should not reset upon unlocking and re-entry.  Or the player should not be able to unlock at all.

- Many have discussed the spirit bank's effects on ganking, so I'll leave that alone.  I'll simply state that limiting access to the spirit bank to the temple, owned keeps, and owned forts could only reduce strain on the system.  A quick addition of a box or npc in those locations is all it takes, and then those inventories no longer need to be in that mobile state.  

- Make stacking and splitting stacks perform in the spirit bank as it does in your bag.

- Increase stack sizes of all harvested resources to 500.

If the spirit bank is meant as a central repository for your characters, it should behave as such, not as emergency "oh s!*t" storage.

The purpose of imports is to limit how much can be taken into a campaign so that everyone is starting off on more or less an even playing field. Some campaigns will have zero imports. Exports are meant to be the rewards you get from the campaign.

The spirit bank is a temporary way to handle imports and exports. Read the FAQ on the embargo system. That is the way it will eventually work.

14 minutes ago, Arkade said:

The purpose of imports is to limit how much can be taken into a campaign so that everyone is starting off on more or less an even playing field. Some campaigns will have zero imports. Exports are meant to be the rewards you get from the campaign.

The spirit bank is a temporary way to handle imports and exports. Read the FAQ on the embargo system. That is the way it will eventually work.

I hadn't seen that section before, thanks.  I still don't really get why the spirit bank is what it currently is tho.  Why have worldwide access if access is going to be extremely limited in the future?  Going from mega freedom of access to ultra limited access doesn't seem like the way to go.  I'm trying to envision an instance in which the described embargo system sits well with players and I just cant.  Put stuff in there and then earn some of it?  Why not earn spots to place things?  putting things in only to lose them won't go over well, which is probably why it's not currently a part of the game.  

I'm not a fan of making things easy to appease the lazy player that doesn't want to earn anything, but making things harder on the players just to be harder is never a good recipe.  Is there a benefit to a rewards system in which the player is rewarded only with a portion on what they themselves put in the "treasure chest"?  The current system paired with actual rewards would be better.

My only dislikes about the spirit bank is the current I can bank whatever I want while in combat or even dead, once in combat it should close any open tabs like spirit bank/inventory etc.

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 7:11 PM, Bazarov said:

I hadn't seen that section before, thanks.  I still don't really get why the spirit bank is what it currently is tho.  Why have worldwide access if access is going to be extremely limited in the future?  Going from mega freedom of access to ultra limited access doesn't seem like the way to go.  I'm trying to envision an instance in which the described embargo system sits well with players and I just cant.  Put stuff in there and then earn some of it?  Why not earn spots to place things?  putting things in only to lose them won't go over well, which is probably why it's not currently a part of the game.  

I'm not a fan of making things easy to appease the lazy player that doesn't want to earn anything, but making things harder on the players just to be harder is never a good recipe.  Is there a benefit to a rewards system in which the player is rewarded only with a portion on what they themselves put in the "treasure chest"?  The current system paired with actual rewards would be better.

I agree that Spirit banks should be limited to better match the game design goal so the testing we are doing better matches the end state.   Also the current system is impacting other systems like gathering, looting, crafting, etc in ways that are not obvious and skewing testing results.     

There is little physicality to transport in the world atm, everything is just pulled from your Spirit bank at the time of need :

o  Crafting resources are fully protected and easily accessible after you run to your Keep behind the protection of guards.

o  Siege equipment is just a click away after you have made the run to the the enemy keep with no risk of losing anything along the way.

o  Harvested resources are easily rescued to the Spirit Bank while harvesting in dangerous areas and worse, things can be banked while being attacked.

The quickest and easiest fix for the moment would be to add a Spirt bank chest in the Temple area that is the only way of opening the Spirit bank while in the Campaign, leaving the current functionality alone for outside of the campaign in EK's etc.

Edited by rutaq