Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Noric

Item bloat

Sacrifice pit is not dealing with all the extra white resources/trash. Ideas to deal with it. 

A way for factions to "sacrifice" to the tribes, sending a strong force into zones mostly controlled by another faction.

Sac to a god to buff faction controlled points (or even a low grade buff to players) for X time.  Guard group to patrol a local zone?

Those options should not be cheap and easy, just a way for everyone to pool all the extra stuff together for something.(leader board entry?) I don't mean for this to be player A sacs 1000 points of items for X. More like faction A sacs 100,000 points of items, God/Tribe takes/uses all or part of it to do something.  

Dont even need a complicated menu to chose what you are sacrificing for, at most you would just need a pit style item for tribes or gods. Effects would be semi-random or in the case of patrols they show up after a random amount of time. Dont need them being called in 5 min before a siege.... 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:01 PM, Noric said:

Sacrifice pit is not dealing with all the extra white resources/trash. Ideas to deal with it. 

A way for factions to "sacrifice" to the tribes, sending a strong force into zones mostly controlled by another faction.

Sac to a god to buff faction controlled points (or even a low grade buff to players) for X time.  Guard group to patrol a local zone?

Those options should not be cheap and easy, just a way for everyone to pool all the extra stuff together for something.(leader board entry?) I don't mean for this to be player A sacs 1000 points of items for X. More like faction A sacs 100,000 points of items, God/Tribe takes/uses all or part of it to do something.  

Dont even need a complicated menu to chose what you are sacrificing for, at most you would just need a pit style item for tribes or gods. Effects would be semi-random or in the case of patrols they show up after a random amount of time. Dont need them being called in 5 min before a siege.... 

I missed some of the earlier rounds of testing so I don't know what happened.  But we need to be able to get rid of stuff.

At a siege last week there was a bunch of balance guys, that literally filled their inventories with stacks of wilted scraps.  I don't know if this was a protest, an internal joke or some trick to lag out the server during the siege.  But just the fact that some dudes were willing to lose 50 stacks of this crap shows the need for that item to create value.

So I really enjoy Noric's idea of sacrificing for a buff!  I even more enjoyed the original idea of trashing stuff for XP!  But eventually everyone will be maxxed out!

Posted (edited)

There needs to be some kind of system in place to exchange this bulk gear/scrap for XP or recycle it into higher tier loot. Something like combining 3 blue maces to make a purple could be a good way to both get rid of this low tier item glut and help low level players get better equipment. If not that, maybe they could be exchanged for campaign points at a special alter. If we end up having to maintain outposts by up-keeping the guards, then maybe these items could be used as that currency. 

Edited by HeadDropCanNon

Discords been tossing around the idea of using alchemy transmutation to upgrade resources. Say 100 = 10 of the next tier. Would probably need to cap it or have a lower ratio the closer to legendary.  Another option would be for the harvest/craft skill to refine lower tier in the same manner. Would still need to do something about spider parts, leafs etc...

I run to a nearby chest and fill it with white materials because they are of no use to me anymore.  I can use it to make stuff for my EK, but I don't really want to so I just leave it for someone else.

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."