Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

38 minutes ago, Devonic said:

The FAQ on the Crowfall website states that VIP gives 3 skills and the game says VIP is active.  How come I only get access to 2 skills?

That's out-of-date information. The new info hasn't found it's way into the FAQ yet. They tested the abovementioned benefit, but came to the conclusion that this would look too much like pay-to-win. So they cancelled it.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CarlosDanger said:

What is the new VIP going to be then?

We don’t know.  They haven’t told us anything beyond that it’s been changed and they are working on it.  The game is still in prealpha so I can’t say it’s very important today or tomorrow what my years of VIP from the KS will be but eventually (around beta) they need to come up with something of value that isn’t p2w.  

The website itself should prob reflect that but ace has always been bad about updating the website.  There’s always so many things changing updating it must be a pain the ass for them.  It’s something that prob doesn’t matter today but will matter eventually.

Edited by mandalore

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

On 3/9/2019 at 6:13 AM, mandalore said:

they need to come up with something of value that isn’t p2w. 

Are there any games that provide optional subs that aren't perceived as p2w in some way? I don't know of any that literally let people pay to win, but all seem to provide advantage and convenience over those that don't pay. Beyond cosmetics, I'm not sure what they can offer that won't upset some. Considering they believed that VIP would be a steady stream of revenue, I wish them luck in figuring it out.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:13 AM, mandalore said:

The website itself should prob reflect that but ace has always been bad about updating the website.  There’s always so many things changing updating it must be a pain the ass for them.  It’s something that prob doesn’t matter today but will matter eventually.

This has been one of my biggest gripes with development. They've updated the site several times over the years, including adding/removing sections of the FAQ and changing wording. With the most recent change they could of tasked someone with taking a day or two to read it and remove/change anything that was outdated. This isn't exactly heavy duty work. Simply deleting incorrect information would be a good first step. Major updates and changes do not happen that frequently in terms of big picture stuff that should be in the FAQ.

Having things like this in the FAQ is laughable and misleading

Since the game does NOT use a standard advancement mechanic (kill monsters = gain experience = level-up) and instead uses passive training (skills increase over time) it poses the question, “Why fight monsters at all?”

To be fair it isn't as bad as it used to be, but still, it's not that hard or shouldn't be from my knowledge of editing text...

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, APE said:

This has been one of my biggest gripes with development. They've updated the site several times over the years, including adding/removing sections of the FAQ and changing wording. With the most recent change they could of tasked someone with taking a day or two to read it and remove/change anything that was outdated. This isn't exactly heavy duty work. Simply deleting incorrect information would be a good first step. Major updates and changes do not happen that frequently in terms of big picture stuff that should be in the FAQ.

Having things like this in the FAQ is laughable and misleading

Since the game does NOT use a standard advancement mechanic (kill monsters = gain experience = level-up) and instead uses passive training (skills increase over time) it poses the question, “Why fight monsters at all?”

To be fair it isn't as bad as it used to be, but still, it's not that hard or shouldn't be from my knowledge of editing text...

Agree.

There is IMHO some really big gap between ACE's game development and ACE's forum management and other non-game related stuff.

Seeing things like a faq that has been full of wrong information for years. ACE's sometimes a little dubious calls on the forums. Lack of proper basic actions like uploading the damned youtube account in a reasonable manner. Or even taking time to properly notify us when streams are starting. Heck, I don't think I even saw the stream week actual schedule here. A bunch of silly things that make them seems amateurish and quite honestly makes me feel a little on edge sometimes. This a company with millions of dollars under it's name, not 5 guys making games in their basement.

However, when I look at the videos like the last Q&A. It makes me remember why I trusted these guys. Sure, we are not there yet game-wise but I can see these guys care about the game.

I just don't feel that care with other stuff.

Edited by BarriaKarl

11 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

There is IMHO some really big gap between ACE's game development and ACE's forum management and other non-game related stuff.

I think they outsourced their forum. Perhaps ACE will hire an employee to work on website, forum and start a wiki for game. 

It's really about priorities with a smaller independent studio - getting the game to launch state is #1 right now.  Things like FAQs and tooltips lag behind actual game development, especially at this stage where things change with every major build.  Triple AAA publishers have huge bloated staffing that can do more of that kind of polish stuff (and it costs too much so they have to use monetization like loot boxes to pay for it all 🙁).

If it's really bothersome, write up your own version of a FAQ! And in the VIP section you can put "To be determined at a later date".

55 minutes ago, miraluna said:

It's really about priorities with a smaller independent studio - getting the game to launch state is #1 right now.  Things like FAQs and tooltips lag behind actual game development, especially at this stage where things change with every major build.  Triple AAA publishers have huge bloated staffing that can do more of that kind of polish stuff (and it costs too much so they have to use monetization like loot boxes to pay for it all 🙁).

If it's really bothersome, write up your own version of a FAQ! And in the VIP section you can put "To be determined at a later date".

They've changed the site, FAQ, and forums multiple times over the years and did so recently. IMO, if they are going to bother doing so for whatever reasons, at least do a complete job.

Deleting a few sentences or changing the wording to reflect the current/future design shouldn't require adding loot boxes to pay for it. 

This type of work surely can be outsourced on the cheap.