Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know alot of people will disagree with me here but

I suggest a item wipe, my reasoning is due to people taking advantage of the 100% uptime of bene harvest, infinite trees on EK's for mass farming of dust/embers, bugged weapon crafting and a few other things that gave them an advantage over people who didn't know about these things or newer players. I know the fixes for these things are coming with the next patch but that wont change the fact that people are running around with godly rolled purple/gold gear that knew these things were not working as intended and exploited it, I personally don't care if it happens this is just a suggestion. I also am not accusing anyone in particular, am just stating the facts for people who still don't know, to understand why they may be getting pooped on when they think they have decent gear :D 

These upgraded items are important to testing.  Making sure that these items are not bugged.

The resources in EK are basic, so there is no real advantage there.

A full wipe will be coming before launch, so just take the time and figure out the game.

Just now, Devonic said:

These upgraded items are important to testing.  Making sure that these items are not bugged.

The resources in EK are basic, so there is no real advantage there.

A full wipe will be coming before launch, so just take the time and figure out the game.

The resources may be basic, but when you can farm trees that never go away and collect dust/embers non stop while using 100% bene harvest.... 

Posted (edited)

There's appropriate times for this, as each one of these wipes comes with another chunk of the player population wiping with it. While yes, your decent gear could be getting completely trashed by people who may be taking advantage of all the beneficial up-time, or bugged crafting. The fact is a great deal of the disparity is caused by knowledge bases. 

I can tell you that our crafters are nearing the ends of every tree. Jewelry has been through multiple re-rolls to make every craft much more effective, as has our crafter's gear. To say certain people have been exploiting beneficial bug is even laughable. Those are people who know that Rune-making Seals go into gear, to make harvesting gear, which makes harvesting more effective. Nothing will change with a wipe, until somehow ACE makes it easier for new players to have access to the knowledge base experienced players have

What I think you need to be suggesting is a massive overhaul of tool-tips. A much more comprehensive beginner zone that gives you a full idea of the game sans the ganking (which has been much improved with higher ranked mobs/resources in beachhead zone, just not crafting). And ultimately easier access into guilds from the game itself, as its utterly obvious you'll only become as good as the people you're surrounded by, not the gear you're wearing.

Edited by Allinavi

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Allinavi said:

There's appropriate times for this, as each one of these wipes comes with another chunk of wiping with it. While yes, your decent gear could be getting completely trashed by people who may be taking advantage of all the beneficial up-time, or bugged crafting. The fact is a great deal of the disparity is caused by knowledge bases. 

I can tell you that our crafters are nearing the ends of every tree. Jewelry has been through multiple re-rolls to make every craft much more effective, as has our crafter's gear. To say certain people have been exploiting beneficial bug is even laughable. Those are people who know that Rune-making Seals go into gear, to make harvesting gear, which makes harvesting more effective. Nothing will change with a wipe, until somehow ACE makes it easier for new players to have access to the knowledge base experienced players have

What I think you need to be suggesting is a massive overhaul of tool-tips. A much more comprehensive beginner zone that gives you a full idea of the game sans the ganking (which has been much improved with higher ranked mobs/resources in beachhead zone, just not crafting). And ultimately easier access into guilds from the game itself, as its utterly obvious you'll only become as good as the people you're surrounded by, not the gear you're wearing.

All these have been asked for, they are working on those things, I was just suggesting for the here and now. I get that people are nearing the end of crafting trees etc, but at the same time having that knowledge of these "bugs" and fully taking advantage of them is not what testing is about, the fixes for these "bugs" are being implemented next patch all im suggesting is an item wipe to go along side it is all.

*edit* plus with an item wipe they will get more testing on the new %'s, proc chance of bene harvest, and proper testing of the crafting that was fixed, so its a win win, with no wipe of "items" alot of people that are fully trained in harvesting wont be out there harvesting cause they have thousands of purple/gold ore dust and embers sitting in their bank/s.

Edited by PAINDOTCOM

Beneficial has been around forever, no one complained much about it because it just made it easier to do the boring part(harvest). The new map shouldve let everyone get to blue if they put any time in at all. So many high rank resources.

Not sure your complaint about "infinite" trees. Could do the exact same thing in beachhead. AFAIK there is not a knotwood that is infinite, sometimes get 3/5 stacked on each other but the time savings of that is not a big issue to me. People who are getting embers are putting in the time to farm them.

The bugged weaponcrafting I don't think many people knew about until the patch notes, and if it was many must've been on EU side, because no one I talked to knew about it on NA.

All in all, I am fine with an item wipe but the worry is that another wipe could be forthcoming and I am sure they don't want to do it multiple times close together.

1 hour ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

I know alot of people will disagree with me here but

I suggest a item wipe, my reasoning is due to people taking advantage of the 100% uptime of bene harvest, infinite trees on EK's for mass farming of dust/embers, bugged weapon crafting and a few other things that gave them an advantage over people who didn't know about these things or newer players. I know the fixes for these things are coming with the next patch but that wont change the fact that people are running around with godly rolled purple/gold gear that knew these things were not working as intended and exploited it, I personally don't care if it happens this is just a suggestion. I also am not accusing anyone in particular, am just stating the facts for people who still don't know, to understand why they may be getting pooped on when they think they have decent gear :D 

There is a narrative that persists that tons of people are running around in Purple/gold gear, etc.

Speaking for myself, I run around in white vessels (haven't finished leveling my blue ones) and green armor and blue weapons. I know of only a few people in my guild that have purple weapons, most are in blue gear.

I don't know anyone in my guild that sits around waiting for handouts, we all grind out on ore or trees every day. Even if 100% up time of beneficial harvest is gone we will still do that and still churn out gear like crazy. Full wipe? We'll do it again.

You have to ask yourself, if we all get reset back to 0 inventory, is that really going to slow us down? Who will that benefit and who will it hurt? I believe the reality is the players with small guilds or running solo will be impacted the worst since they have to start all over again with fewer teammates to help out, meanwhile those of us who are accustomed to grinding out gear asap will be back in blues before the end of the day.

Posted (edited)

Also to add on to what Doc is saying, majority of my guild is in Blue gear. Very few in purple/gold and those are the ones who have spent HOURS farming embers.

Edited by Ussiah

2 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

There is a narrative that persists that tons of people are running around in Purple/gold gear, etc.

Speaking for myself, I run around in white vessels (haven't finished leveling my blue ones) and green armor and blue weapons. I know of only a few people in my guild that have purple weapons, most are in blue gear.

I don't know anyone in my guild that sits around waiting for handouts, we all grind out on ore or trees every day. Even if 100% up time of beneficial harvest is gone we will still do that and still churn out gear like crazy. Full wipe? We'll do it again.

You have to ask yourself, if we all get reset back to 0 inventory, is that really going to slow us down? Who will that benefit and who will it hurt? I believe the reality is the players with small guilds or running solo will be impacted the worst since they have to start all over again with fewer teammates to help out, meanwhile those of us who are accustomed to grinding out gear asap will be back in blues before the end of the day.

I understand that, however, have you been on test server and farmed any resource? there is a huge difference after the changes. I am not saying a full wipe, just items, and again I will be ok without it but will also give me more to do then to just log in for siege.

3 minutes ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

I understand that, however, have you been on test server and farmed any resource? there is a huge difference after the changes. I am not saying a full wipe, just items, and again I will be ok without it but will also give me more to do then to just log in for siege.

I have been on test server, and I am aware. Doesn't change my stance. 

I'm sure there will be a wipe soon anyway, but it won't stop me from asserting that wipes don't somehow magically even the odds for everyone. The odds are even only for that brief couple moments after every logs back in for the first time, then the calculus immediately starts changing. Wipes hurt the players the most who have the least amount of guild-mates and time they can commit to logistics.

1 minute ago, Ussiah said:

@PAINDOTCOM

I understood your post to want an item wipe prior to patch.

Did I misunderstand?

Also don't you expect another wipe with 5.9?

not prior but with the patch, I don't mind wipes with new things being added, its gets them more data to make the game better. 

3 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

I have been on test server, and I am aware. Doesn't change my stance. 

I'm sure there will be a wipe soon anyway, but it won't stop me from asserting that wipes don't somehow magically even the odds for everyone. The odds are even only for that brief couple moments after every logs back in for the first time, then the calculus immediately starts changing. Wipes hurt the players the most who have the least amount of guild-mates and time they can commit to logistics.

it's a developing game in pre-alpha, wipes are kinda needed for the good or bad, when we purchase a game in development we acknowledge and agree to this, yea it sucks but we chose to buy into a game in early stages.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

@PAINDOTCOM

Not to derail, but what is so vastly different about farming next patch? Besides bene nerf?

there is quite a big difference between having bene harvest up 100% of the time to having a 10% chance at max to proc it, wouldn't you agree? from my understanding having a .6% chance right now is giving a 60% chance instead

Edited by PAINDOTCOM

Just now, PAINDOTCOM said:

it's a developing game in pre-alpha, wipes are kinda needed for the good or bad, when we purchase a game in development we acknowledge and agree to this, yea it sucks but we chose to buy into a game in early stages.

Yes I know, I honestly don't care if there is a wipe because it won't effect me much, I'll be back in gear in no time. They could wipe tomorrow, I don't give a sht.

" suggest a item wipe, my reasoning is due to people taking advantage of the 100% uptime of bene harvest, infinite trees on EK's for mass farming of dust/embers, bugged weapon crafting and a few other things that gave them an advantage over people who didn't know about these things or newer players."

My point is for the last time, it is not going to remove a so-called advantage that you perceive. What holds most people back is lack of coordination, organization, friends, and time.