Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just now, PAINDOTCOM said:

there is quite a big difference between having bene harvest up 100% of the time to having a 10% chance at max to proc it, wouldn't you agree?

Agreed, but the good guilds will get everyone to 50% asap....

I think a wipe is coming soon, I just think doing one for 5.8.5 and then almost certainly for 5.9 may be the issue holding them back.

We have no clue when 5.9 is coming, if it will be a month+ id say go for it, less and it becomes more questionable.

2 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Agreed, but the good guilds will get everyone to 50% asap....

I think a wipe is coming soon, I just think doing one for 5.8.5 and then almost certainly for 5.9 may be the issue holding them back.

We have no clue when 5.9 is coming, if it will be a month+ id say go for it, less and it becomes more questionable.

true, at the rate it seem's to be going i was thinking its going to be up to months before we see 5.9, I am good either way I just was making the suggestion cause of the changes being made to harvesting which is a pretty big part of the flow of the game, and I don't think you will be able to achieve 50% but I could be wrong

The wipes definitely hurt the smaller players more than the bigger players. With that said I'm sure they'll wipe at some point soon with the armor changes.

I hope in the future they can wipe/get rid of specific problematic items without having to do a FULL wipe. Only having to wipe weapons after the advanced weapon changes would have been nice. 

12 hours ago, Jah said:

ACE was talking about removing health bonuses from armor. I would think that will mean an item wipe either way.

thats a terrible idea, i could literally 2 shot everyone short of 75% resistances with all my titan stacks and druid buff then unless they nerf weapons too

If they do a wipe they should wipe everything including passives, new players and small guilds will have a chance to catch up in gear without running the risk of larger guilds immediately gearing their best with their full maxed crafters and leaving them in the dust, regardless i dont think they should wipe until 5.9 at all despite the exploits but if they have too

I suppose they could do a selective wipe. Such as remove all purple and gold resources and items, but leave white, green, and blue in-place. Or even only whites.

I don't really like wipes except as they need to see the early part of the gearing process again to evaluate it. Otherwise, despite our protestations of it not being fair in some sense, it does show them the later-game balance.

I would rather see some work on campaign imports and exports. We may be resetting which countries Uncle Bob gets to have at the start of the new Risk game, but we're letting him bring in the pile of armies he had when he won the last one.

6 hours ago, Staff said:

thats a terrible idea, i could literally 2 shot everyone short of 75% resistances with all my titan stacks and druid buff then unless they nerf weapons too

You're assuming ACE doesn't add HP back in other places like boosting base HP or granting hitpoints per level. 

3 minutes ago, blazzen said:

You're assuming ACE doesn't add HP back in other places like boosting base HP or granting hitpoints per level. 

with how they balance things i currently have 0 faith their first iteration of a new health system will work well

A wipe is inevitable. As I understand the revamping of the crafting system, we'll likely see a wipe when we get 5.9 or certainly for 6.0. I would hope they hold off until absolutely necessary, but either way, when it happens we'll roll with the punches. We've been through what, 8 wipes since HungerDome? The diehards are still logging in and still enjoying the grind. The rush from a 40v60 successful siege defense is just too good!  Another wipe, now or later, won't change that. 

Posted (edited)

I agree with PAINDOTCOM, an item wipe is necessary.

For the sake of clarity, I believe it is important to details the effects of current bugs:

- There is a beneficial harvest bug that allows you to have 100% chance to trigger the effect, at 500%+ power. In effect, you have a permanent massive stamina regen, speed buff, and 75% chances to do a critical harvest with up to 5 extra items per node.
Using this bug greatly improve your speed to gather blue/purple/gold.
- There is a crafting bug that allows you to get ~20 damages on weapons. A weapon that goes from 80-100 to 100-120 is a direct +25% DPS. Skills are also based on weapon power. This puts the entire balance of the game out of whack.
- The "infinite tree" is not just 5 trees.... it's a dozen trees stacked in one. The trees respawn faster than a player can harvest them. Combined with the first bug for infinite stamina and the ability to run a few scripts, people have been making thousands dust every few hours of AFK. (and a few dozen embers).
- Near limitless dust and ember allows to constantly make reroll on gear to reach power that would only be rarely seen. Cumulated with the crafting bug mentioned above, and you get a very large advantage over other players.

The 3 bugs combined gives you a much higher amount of quality material, better stats on weapons, and better reroll on every gear for a snowballing effect. A conservative estimation from my personal experience shows around 30-70% extra stats on gear thanks to easy access to higher grade and infinite reroll.
In example: a decent green leather chest with only a few rerolls gets about +1000 health. A blue chest with everything rerolled reaches +1700 health.

I believe it is important to get an item wipe as soon as these bugs are fixed in order to get more clarity on the current economy and gear balance.

Edited by Gaulwa

23 hours ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

my reasoning is due to people taking advantage of the 100% uptime of bene harvest, infinite trees on EK's for mass farming of dust/embers, 

When was this 100% uptime on Ben harvest? I must have missed this and I've farmed everything. 

The immortal knotwood isn't a huge issue. You can't make anything with dust on its own, and farming the necessary mats to use generally gives you the dust and embers anyway. 

If they wipe again before 6.0 I'm gone until alpha officially hits. Better things to do with my time than keep catching up to what I already achieved once. 

I've put 100s of hours into farming, and to just test a pretty broken alpha that is already riddled with issues and imbalance class/abilities just to play Farmville from the start all over. custard that. 

if topic starter want item wipe to catch up with veterans - bank wipe wont help coz they

1) have lvled crafting vessels

2) have lvled crafting trees

3) have lvled gathering trees

4) have knowledge about fastest ways to get it back

5) have spring and numbers

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

1 minute ago, Navystylz said:

When was this 100% uptime on Ben harvest? I must have missed this and I've farmed everything. 

The immortal knotwood isn't a huge issue. You can't make anything with dust on its own, and farming the necessary mats to use generally gives you the dust and embers anyway. 

If they wipe again before 6.0 I'm gone until alpha officially hits. Better things to do with my time than keep catching up to what I already achieved once. 

I've put 100s of hours into farming, and to just test a pretty broken alpha that is already riddled with issues and imbalance class/abilities just to play Farmville from the start all over. custard that. 

i would expect a wipe at 5.9

3 minutes ago, Marth said:

i would expect a wipe at 5.9

Thought 5.9 was just a performance mega push. If they have many changes to other things, then ya, I would as well. I guess the new armor changes will now be in that major patch too. If big things change like that, then sure I expect it. But people asking for wipes because they think someone might be more geared than them.... just no. 

I believe 6.0 not only marks alpha and the release of Frostweaver, but will include sweeping class balance changes, fixing of powers and fleshing out promotion spec to closer align with final target. Also more major discipline changes and HOPEFULLY release of new ones like were disciplines and siege discipline. Like 5.8, 6.0 will really change the whole topography of gameplay. Will be like a new game and definitely necessitate a wipe. Likely even a passive tree wipe with changes and fixes to that.

22 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Also to add on to what Doc is saying, majority of my guild is in Blue gear. Very few in purple/gold and those are the ones who have spent HOURS farming embers.

My guild Blood Mandate is new, and mostly consists of the players from Free Reign that remained active. Only 3 of us have purple vessels, only 4 of us have all blue gear and weapons. And we put a lot of hours in farming mats, training passive trees, rerolling crafting jewelry and gear, and chipping in to get each core member geared up. Get really tired of these calls for wipes because someone perceives someone else is ahead. 

This is a friggin test, not even the live game that matters. Which wipes won't be happening on live, and if you think any campaigns with no import rules are going to be bustling hubs of activity, you are sadly kidding yourself. You are talking about people who stacked in one faction just to get a gold colored crest. You think the same people are going to want to win a campaign and get extra stuff that won't even be useful for the next campaign??

If this test wants to pretend to mirror what live will be as close as possible, and not even us any bonuses or ease all the grinding we have to do at all, then you can't expect them to frivolously wipe everyone's progress.

13 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

100% uptime has been there for a long time. Basically you get 100% trigger chance, and as long as you harvest something in the next 30 seconds, it stays forever.

Immortal knotwood is an issue when it allows you to large reroll everything and stack many critical success. An armor takes what... about 450 dust to reroll everything? You don't get that many through regular harvesting.
And even if you did, I don't think we should encourage people to earn any advantage by AFK-macroing safely in an EK.

21 hours ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

there is quite a big difference between having bene harvest up 100% of the time to having a 10% chance at max to proc it, wouldn't you agree? from my understanding having a .6% chance right now is giving a 60% chance instead

Well considering .6 literally means 60%, not sure what you're getting at here. Now I'm guessing from this reply it's supposed to be .06.

2 minutes ago, Gaulwa said:

100% uptime has been there for a long time. Basically you get 100% trigger chance, and as long as you harvest something in the next 30 seconds, it stays forever.

Immortal knotwood is an issue when it allows you to large reroll everything and stack many critical success. An armor takes what... about 450 dust to reroll everything? You don't get that many through regular harvesting.
And even if you did, I don't think we should encourage people to earn any advantage by AFK-macroing safely in an EK.

Yes you do. My group of 3 got over 100 dust per motherlode cycle around the keep this current campaign. Picking plants and farming trees throws the things at you. It actually takes a lot of time, even with the regeneration rate of the immortal knotwood, to farm a lot. There's the convenience of not having to move. But would be no different than being planted in the beach head running from tree to tree. The wood still sustains making axes, the legendary apples still sustain the food.

As far as beneficial harvest, I've seen that fall off even taking down trees while it was still on. I've heard ore let's it stay up, but haven't seen that myself. Those same people would farm away anyway. It's not the same as the dupe bug where you got extra stuff for nothing. You actually have to put in farming work in all these instances and many people didn't even benefit from this bug. 

I don't think this is the issue people are trying to make it out to be. Just completely blue geared 4 people, the farming and crafting work is burning me out. And now people want another wipe just cuz? 

It's ACE's game. They will do what they will do. But they will lose me until 6.0 if they wipe again and the notes doesn't necessitate it.

My old guild wasn't that build. The wipe decimated it. A lot of people stopped logging in. Some thought passives were wiped too. A lot of players gone. I highly doubt anyone in my new guild would stick around if they wiped again so soon. More power to the people that will. But like I said, personally I won't be back if it happens without huge notes of 5.9 or 6.0 moving into alpha.

I think it's obvious that an item wipe will be necessary for 5.9, so please just wait for that. If they wipe items for 5.8.5 and then wipe them again a month later for 5.9, that would be way more deflating to the player base than having a portion of players being over-geared due to bugs/exploits.

And to the person who suggested wiping skills too, custard no. I'm now finally getting to the end of the blacksmith tree after the last wipe. Skills will no doubt be wiped for alpha, which is probably 3 to 4 months away. It can wait. Newbies are always going to be behind the curve. 

Let me enjoy max skills and the resources I've harvested for at least a few weeks ffs.