Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Well considering .6 literally means 60%, not sure what you're getting at here. Now I'm guessing from this reply it's supposed to be .06.

It is. Today, I get over 100% from one green piece. Once it's fixed I'll get maybe 20% from a full set of blues.

For dust, it won't be as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Skilled harvesters will still be at 50% bene chance. I don't recall how high skills get you, but I'm thinking it's in the 30-35% range. I know I get 24% from one skill node alone. With +40sec duration we'll still be able to wander EK forrest plots farming dust with nearly 100% uptime.

It's going to be a significant hit to output for CW harvesters though. For skinning, I'll probably just keep a crit chance set on standby for when I run solo & have to kill what I harvest.

Edit: checked my numbers and I was wrong. Without gear, I'm at 15% bene chance with another 10% still to be trained. it was Bene power that is at 34%. 50% should still be in reach: 25% skills, ~20ish from gear, plus a bit more from Lookout & tools.

Edited by VaMei

@Navystylz sorry i messed up my decimal, guess I am getting use to blair math!

@makkon you confuse me with a new player... I have been around, I was suggesting this more for newer players, I could care less either way. Hence a opinion/suggestion.

@Gaulwa I am glad you see the logistics of the big picture :D

@Arkade Yea if its that close, however, if it's not and its 5-6 months out... Again I don't care either way, in a few more days I will be playing a completely different game for a while.

People keep throwing out the poster wants a wipe cause hes behind the veterans... I have been around since 5.1ish, had the game longer just chose not to play, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with me wanting whats right, if your against and getting defensive about it your taking this way to personal. This is a developing game that will be wiped thats how they get new data from the testing. And for the last time I personally could care less if they wipe from now till launch, I was talking to some of the "newer" players and they said things along the lines and i thought it wasn't a bad idea considering the 3 things I mention plus the ones that weren't mentioned. If you don't agree with a wipe that's fine, keep your passive aggressiveness to yourself tho (you know who you are and we leave that there).

21 minutes ago, VaMei said:

It is. Today, I get over 100% from one green piece. Once it's fixed I'll get maybe 20% from a full set of blues.

For dust, it won't be as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Skilled harvesters will still be at 50% bene chance. I don't recall how high skills get you, but I'm thinking it's in the 30-35% range. I know I get 24% from one skill node alone. With +40sec duration we'll still be able to wander EK forrest plots farming dust with nearly 100% uptime.

It's going to be a significant hit to output for CW harvesters though. For skinning, I'll probably just keep a crit chance set on standby for when I run solo & have to kill what I harvest.

i don't know if thats suppose to be 24% or 2.4% , i am getting the feeling that the most proc chance were going to be seeing is 10-20%. I could be wrong though.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

People keep throwing out the poster wants a wipe cause hes behind the veterans... 

Yet, veterans like you keep coming out to "champion" the new guys. Every time I see one of these posts it's a veteran "looking out for the new guy". But veterans already know this doesn't look out for the new guy. Real world analogy would be white apologists apologizing to blacks for historical slights and lamenting to people how oppressed blacks are with institutionalized racism, and blacks going "we don't need nor did we ask you to speak for us."

Is this video game version of virtue signaling?

Edited by Navystylz

Whether they item wipe or not is not a huge deal to me. Either way we as a guild can get new gear and get everyone geared again in short order. If people are using the exploit to get higher damage weapons then shame on them. 

I expect to see a wipe for 5.9, is it worth doing a wipe for 5.8.5 or waiting for 5.9? That all depends on where ACE is on getting us the 5.9 update, it honestly may not be worth it to wipe before then.

7 minutes ago, VaMei said:

If it's only 10-20% after skills and gear, I will not be gearing for it. Not even close to worth it. Normal combat gear would be better.

I agree but again from my understanding thats where it is heading it seems, and again I could be wrong. It is hard to tell when it comes to this games data since decimals keep getting messed up :D

11 minutes ago, VaMei said:

If it's only 10-20% after skills and gear, I will not be gearing for it. Not even close to worth it. Normal combat gear would be better.

Seriously! I thought the whole silver lining to this painful harvesting was the idea that with exploration passive training and giving up ALL YOUR COMBAT STATS for harvesting stats, was to make you a harvesting powerhouse so you could beat down nodes like a white vessel noob accidentally wandering off the beachhead.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Agreed, but the good guilds will get everyone to 50% asap....

I think a wipe is coming soon, I just think doing one for 5.8.5 and then almost certainly for 5.9 may be the issue holding them back.

We have no clue when 5.9 is coming, if it will be a month+ id say go for it, less and it becomes more questionable.

This there will be a wipe in 5.9 cuz its gonna be a massive time before 6.0 (i would guess winter at the current pace).

Edited by Marth

39 minutes ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

I agree but again from my understanding thats where it is heading it seems, and again I could be wrong. It is hard to tell when it comes to this games data since decimals keep getting messed up :D

Last I was on test, it was 585 but hard to keep up with builds, my harvest skills were giving the same benefit as on live.

I don't know about my gear performance. My character was locked to campaign when the database was cloned & I had to flush gear to get into test.

Wipe or no wipe, it will not deter a lot of us from still testing. Although I highly doubt one will come with the next update. The info in itself here is good enough to help understand the current situation with PVP. With that said, its hard for us to properly test the systems when they are misrepresented of what the game is supposed to be (broken gear). Same thing happens when someone finds a completely broken build, it gets fixed and is no longer apart of the test. Personally i'd want every currently known bug/exploit patched before a item wipe (vessels included). No point in wiping when it can be abused again.

2 hours ago, Shiner said:

Edited.

Not sure how that even corresponds, I know a lot of the Balance folks have done a massive amount of mind numbing circle standing to get where they are on the leader boards. The leader boards have very little to do with gear and have to do more with class, guild, group, and spec. 

I have run into Staff circle standing I don't know how many times in the last couple days. Starting to feel bad every time I see him because we usually have a group of 5. 

Once the bugs get fixed, we will be able to finally see the gathering game as it is intended. 
We need a full wipe of all gear all skills and everything. 

Why?

We (as the general playerbase) have never gotten a good look at where gathering is from jump. (Hint, it is a horrible, unfun, unrewarding, grind)
We need people to experience it, then gripe, loudly, so that they can fix/tune it better.

First we had the cheaty potions. 
Then the cheaty race passive training
Then the cheaty Iron iron iron + seals gear. / Bene harvest shovels, since there are no gravedigging seals

Once the bugs are gone we can see the gathering game in all of it's unfun glory.

We need more options in the tool combines. 
We need multiple skillcap buckets for group gathering/motherloads
We need a higher base crit chance for all starting early game gathering, either through stats or having weakpoints give crit and crit amount per hit on nodes. 
We need a base bene harvest addition to all gatherers, either through stats, or added to early training nodes, preferably both.
We need gathering gear to not cripple combat stats. Turning gatherers into fat victim, loot pinatas.
We need the action harvesting buffs to hit group members as well as ourselves to break out neat and fun gameplay.

We need gathering discs to actually have some fun in them, not just fill in gaps in the system, that only open other gaps depending on what we select. (If you take lookout to spackle over the bene harvest gap, then your tool durability sucks do to lack of Villian, or plentiful harvest because of a lack of primary disc like Miner.)

Choices do matter. Choices like go play a game that is more fun and does not have the flaming pitfalls of suck, that are  built into the primary driver of the entire gameloop.

The only thing the scoreboard shows me is alot of people died here, alot of people killed others here, some people love circles, and healers feel sad. Item wipe is for certain due, hopefully in the future ACE will be able to not have wipes of any sort since in the past it has run population away. But with the issues that are being presented and the changes that have been announced to be made, A wipe of items is due, and maybe will make the start of an new trial more interesting. There may also be some back lash if the harvesting feels more laboring than before though.

1 minute ago, ZeFx said:

Not sure how that even corresponds, I know a lot of the Balance folks have done a massive amount of mind numbing circle standing to get where they are on the leader boards. The leader boards have very little to do with gear and have to do more with class, guild, group, and spec. 

This is true, they have round the clock players, no matter when I have stood in a circle, I have been met by 5-15 balance for good ol arse woopin :D

Yeah you've been on the receiving end of some our groups out standing in circles. One of the major reasons I cannot wait for a better system. Either way I hope 5.9 is not far off looking forward to all the changes including armor and war tribes. 

3 minutes ago, srathor said:

Once the bugs get fixed, we will be able to finally see the gathering game as it is intended. 

Why?

We (as the general playerbase) have never gotten a good look at where gathering is from jump. (Hint, it is a horrible, unfun, unrewarding, grind)
We need people to experience it, then gripe, loudly, so that they can fix/tune it better.

Then the cheaty Iron iron iron + seals gear. / Bene harvest shovels, since there are no gravedigging seals

Once the bugs are gone we can see the gathering game in all of it's unfun glory.

We need a higher base crit chance for all starting early game gathering, either through stats or having weakpoints give crit and crit amount per hit on nodes. 
We need a base bene harvest addition to all gatherers, either through stats, or added to early training nodes, preferably both.
We need gathering gear to not cripple combat stats. Turning gatherers into fat victim, loot pinatas.
We need the action harvesting buffs to hit group members as well as ourselves to break out neat and fun gameplay.

We need gathering discs to actually have some fun in them, not just fill in gaps in the system, that only open other gaps depending on what we select. (If you take lookout to spackle over the bene harvest gap, then your tool durability sucks do to lack of Villian, or plentiful harvest because of a lack of primary disc like Miner.)

Choices do matter. Choices like go play a game that is more fun and does not have the flaming pitfalls of suck, that are  built into the primary driver of the entire gameloop.

this couldn't be more true

2 minutes ago, srathor said:

Why?

This is fair, by getting rid of all the things that makes our harvesting lifes easier we can then truly experience harvesting and ACE can truly experience how much we love it