Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pwca

Archdruid Talent Choices

Hey, all:

I'm currently trying to figure out where to put my last 15 points for my Archdruid talents. The choices are (current training in parentheses):

Thick Skin: Improves Physical Armor by 1% (4/5)

Foresight: Improves Critical Healing Chance by 1% (0/5)

Yielding Roots: Improves Control Defense by 10% (0/3)

Embedded Spores: Improves Critical Hit Defense by 3% (0/3)

Ironwood Skin: Improves Physical Armor by 2% (0/3)

Magic Dance: Improves Personal Healing Modifier by 1/5% (1/3)

Dream Away: Improves Critical Healing Amount by 5%) (0/3)

Loved by the Sun: Improves Healing Bonus by 2% (0/3)

Leeching Seed (0/1)

Yielding Roots and Leeching Seed aren't really under consideration. Ironwood Skin and Loved by the Sun seem to be obvious choices.

I initially was leaning toward talents that work in both trays (e.g., Magic Dance, Embedded Spores) and would improve my survivability. However, since adding Friar to the build, my Critical Healing numbers are better than I anticipated. Hence my confusion.

Any help you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A lot of that is personal preference. Archdruid being a versatile promotion line you have the option to build for healing and damage or just damage. That being said you need a lot of decently high end gear and healing disciplines to be an effective healer on arch. If you are going all in on damage, the healing talents have less value and can be skipped for the most part.

I personally get most if not all of the defensive talents before anything else, then spend the remaining on whatever I happen to be doing with a particular vessel. Leeching Seed is a very strong defensive ability once you get used to using it (point blank range), but depending on your build you may not have the bar space to spare.

2 hours ago, KatzeWeiss said:

A lot of that is personal preference. Archdruid being a versatile promotion line you have the option to build for healing and damage or just damage. That being said you need a lot of decently high end gear and healing disciplines to be an effective healer on arch. If you are going all in on damage, the healing talents have less value and can be skipped for the most part.

I personally get most if not all of the defensive talents before anything else, then spend the remaining on whatever I happen to be doing with a particular vessel. Leeching Seed is a very strong defensive ability once you get used to using it (point blank range), but depending on your build you may not have the bar space to spare.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll try out some combinations of gear and disciplines before committing some of those final points. With decent Nature penetration, Banshee might be fun.  I had been focusing on healing disciplines to offset the lackluster support power, but I'll probably wind up with 2/3s damage, 1/3 healing.rather than an even split.  Most of my time/essence generation in the healing tray is spent dropping orbs anyway. 

I'll look into Leeching Seed. I may need the extra defensive skill since my mobility is a bit limited (Half-Elf), and I have the extra slot from the racial.  Could be nice when combined with either Wee One (Pixie) or Haunt (Banshee). Too many appealing choices!

Thanks again.

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 5:44 AM, JJAY said:

Hello,

Good DPS Build for Me, All points on INT until your Cap

https://imgur.com/LiFm7Cd

https://imgur.com/95knOXK

https://imgur.com/u7iMB9P

https://imgur.com/Fyghb6P

Illusionist can be changed to Militant Mage/Elementalist, greetz JJ

Edit: Oops, didn't click on last talent screen above. Seems you're running Stormcaller. Nice build, nonetheless.

Thanks again for posting it.

Edited by Pwca
Wrong ability name

Another question about archdruid - in terms of blight, does anyone know if all the damage instances are calculated concurrently, so if using Pound of Flesh (15% more damage on targets above 90%) will all explosions get the bonus, or are they calculated in sequence?

2 hours ago, Phr00t said:

Another question about archdruid - in terms of blight, does anyone know if all the damage instances are calculated concurrently, so if using Pound of Flesh (15% more damage on targets above 90%) will all explosions get the bonus, or are they calculated in sequence?

Should be in sequence. But I haven't tested specifically so i can't be 100 sure

8 hours ago, Phr00t said:

From what I've tested, damage snapshots in this game. Since all orbs explode at once, they will snap shot with the 15% more damage before the buff could vanish. So all orbs would calculate with increased damage.

Are the healing orbs tied to the weapon? Do you have to use a staff as an arch druid in order to be able to cast the orbs with LMB? Or can you use a sickle?

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

Are the healing orbs tied to the weapon? Do you have to use a staff as an arch druid in order to be able to cast the orbs with LMB? Or can you use a sickle?

Yes, equipping a staff changes your basic attack entirely to orbs in the life tray. Death tray is unchanged other than the adjustment for weapon weight.