Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Malphrus

Expanding gender locked races?

I've played lots of games before with gender locked races and I don't mind playing male characters but I noticed there are four races in this game that are gender locked. I assumed this is because the game is in Pre-Alpha but it would be nice to know if the Elken, Guinecean, Stoneborn and Minotaur will have a female model in the future. I'm sure there are specific reasons for some races to be gender locked due to lore and I encourage that. Did some reading and it seems natural for Stoneborn's to be male. Plus I've never heard of a female Minotaur but first for everything yeah?

latest?cb=20180404064723

If they're pushing for more gender locked races would be cool to see an Echidna (Half-woman, Half-snake) for our future. Not to be confused with the spiny anteater.

Really satisfied with the quick response from the community. The game already intrigued my interest and earned my support with the unique set of races to choose from. The Centaur race alone was enough to sway friends to take a look into Crowfall. Really keen on the idea of female Minotaur's after discussing it with some friends.

Posted (edited)

One of the Elkin faces is distinctly femme... doe-ish, particularly when the antlers get neutered by a helm.   

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

They don’t procreate.  There are no stoneborn babies.  They are golems created by the gods.  They are neither male or female as that’s a biological indicator and they are made of stone and have roots for hair.  

There are no stoneborn genders.  

As for the other races some of it’s the lore, some of its production cost.   Does it really matter? 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, Malphrus said:

Really satisfied with the quick response from the community. The game already intrigued my interest and earned my support with the unique set of races to choose from. The Centaur race alone was enough to sway friends to take a look into Crowfall. Really keen on the idea of female Minotaur's after discussing it with some friends.

The minos are all eunuchs.  Lore wise they are castrated slave soldiers in service to the High Elves or escaped versions of that.   

wiDfyPp.png

No it doesn't matter :)

I like the lore behind the Stoneborn and this post was originally meant to encourage gender locked races. Jokes of female Stoneborn beards and female Minotaur's aside lore is one of the most important aspects of a roleplaying game. No Lore>No Immersion

Also considering the amount of hard work is put into each race from the development team I wouldn't expect any of these things suggested would be easily produced. I hope I didn't offend you by steering from the lore.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Malphrus said:

it would be nice to know if the Elken, Guinecean, Stoneborn and Minotaur will have a female model in the future.

It has been mentioned that both Elken and Guinecean would be likely to get a female in the future (fits with the lore for those races), but not possible time-wise before launch.

Edit: Female Centaur does look really good, it's what I usually play :)

Edited by miraluna

I am glad to hear that female avatars are not completely off the table for for elken and guineciean. Heck, I would be happy with simple unisex/non gender for either of those and just throw in an extra color option for the base standard of the face with some pinking around the lips and cheeks. I don't need breasts on my elk or guinea. After all, no one has ever been able to tell the gender of a rodent without flipping it over! XD

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2019 at 11:17 PM, aanyka said:

I am glad to hear that female avatars are not completely off the table for for elken and guineciean. Heck, I would be happy with simple unisex/non gender for either of those and just throw in an extra color option for the base standard of the face with some pinking around the lips and cheeks. I don't need breasts on my elk or guinea. After all, no one has ever been able to tell the gender of a rodent without flipping it over! XD 

The elk would be more traditionally female though. Elken are humans that were cursed, which is why they retain most of their human features. I'd wager this would include human mammaries and a lack of or smaller antler designs given the physiology of the males and how the deer/human elements are blended.

In contrast, guinecians are literal guinea pigs that were ascended to sentience by gaia for comforting her as she died, which is why they have a pretty close overall physiology to said guinea pigs. Female guineas probably just warrant alternate hair and clothing options if we're to assume female guinecians take the same cultral influences for their style as males do. I doubt we'd see guinecians in dresses like fancy French ladies but I could definitely see some big eyelashes and a gracious helping of lace and sashes on their swashbuckling gear.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)

carefully-selected-guinea-pigs.jpg

Notice the stunning hourglass figure of the female in this picture.

I think they should take the minotaur, elken, and hamster, add a hornless option of the elken and mino, some more feminine facial features to a face or two for each race, remove the gender symbol when you select them, and call it good.

Not every humanoid animal race needs D cups for us to know it's a female. It's frankly kind of gross.

Edited by Andius

On 4/5/2019 at 12:24 PM, Andius said:

feminine facial features to a face or two for each race, remove the gender symbol when you select them, and call it good.

Suggested that as it would have worked for me on Guin/Elken, but I guess they want to do full armor sets etc.🤷‍♀️

6 hours ago, maomi0918 said:

I agree remove the gender symbols for genderless races, because right now I feel like why are there no female only races, but a few male ones. 

Why does it matter?

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

As a girl I feel I want to play a female toon. And I think it’s not fair that every race can be played as a guy.  If we want to argue the lore fae males are rare, but can still be played. From a marketing standpoint having gender locked races can be debatable but not representing both sexes by having some male and some female is not smart. 

Edited by maomi0918
lore input

2 hours ago, maomi0918 said:

As a girl I feel I want to play a female toon. And I think it’s not fair that every race can be played as a guy.  If we want to argue the lore fae males are rare, but can still be played. From a marketing standpoint having gender locked races can be debatable but not representing both sexes by having some male and some female is not smart. 

There’s president for this as JTC’s previous game has multiplied gender locked races and classes for lore purposes.  They’ve already said it’s currently because of the cost and time required to make the other genders.  I can assure you that ACE (being an indie game dev company in Austin) is pro female chars.  Post launch it could be more reasonable to go back and add it But does anybody want them to delay the game further for it?

wiDfyPp.png

On 4/5/2019 at 3:24 PM, Andius said:

carefully-selected-guinea-pigs.jpg

Notice the stunning hourglass figure of the female in this picture.

I think they should take the minotaur, elken, and hamster, add a hornless option of the elken and mino, some more feminine facial features to a face or two for each race, remove the gender symbol when you select them, and call it good.

Not every humanoid animal race needs D cups for us to know it's a female. It's frankly kind of gross.

idk about you man but if they added a catgirl race with d cups so i know they are female i wouldnt make an angry forum post about it

On 4/7/2019 at 12:05 PM, Staff said:

race with d cups so i know they are female

Maybe someday CF will have a mythical half-woman + half-serpent race, and that could fit lore as based on Dave Greco's cool Zaleena concept -  who wouldn't want to play this?:

Zaleena_Final_WM.jpg

But we are talking guinea pigs and elk here :P  Making them unisex in char creation seemed like a shortcut so it was suggested.

I'm sure we'll get more choices post-launch, right now it's time/resources not available.