Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Good News for Shard Hunters - Official discussion thread

Posted (edited)

The ability that comes with Connoisseur isn't increasing hunger crystal chance, though the tooltip says it does.

There seems to be a lack of high rank crystals. I've found a handful of rank 7s, but nothing higher. 

I hope that winter will be more than just the hunger contagion. Winter doesn't look very wintery, and the more we harvest the crystals, the less snow and ice there will be.

Edited by Arkade

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I leveled my purple vessel with gold, is that not intended?

of course it is, sacrifice shard exp is horrible and pointless compared to gold

Edited by yianni

Sacrifice shards could be used to sacrifice or combine into Hunger shards based on quality.  Right now, there is no reason for them to even drop in rareties unless its just to take up the already limited bag/storage space we have.

Full trained with Conossier, I still get 1 shard per 50+ Hunger Node

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

Posted (edited)

lvled all listed passive, activated Connoisseur, using mining passives with lvled mining 3-th school ->

about 30-40 Hunger crystals lvl 3-6 gives me... 2 green hunger shards, even no blue sacri shards. all other shards are useless to spent so much time.

is is intended? or broken math? so-so occupation actually.

or there are some gathering set/accessory requirements also?

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Posted (edited)

This is how I imagine this post came about:

Pann: Hey Blair, the players are upset about the horrid hungershard drops.

Blair: Don't worry Pann. The players are just blithering idiots. Clearly, the real problem is that in their extreme stupidity they didn't notice the changes I made to the skill trees. They obviously didn't already train them before running around for hours fruitlessly beating down hunger crystals.

Once trained they will realize the joy of spending hours hunting down the mythical r10 Hunger Crystals in the hopes of getting a halfway decent weapon additive. Imagine their absolute bliss when instead of getting that hungershard they have lost sleep hunting, they get a legendary sacrifice shard that is worth an astounding 1/3 of the xp you would get from the gold drop off a single r1 mob.

All I need to do is write an article explaining to the players how utterly stupid they are and finish by telling them they should be rejoicing about this situation.

Pann: Wow Blair, you truly are a genius.

Blair: It is a burden I bear Pann. But I bear it for the players.

Edited by gotung

I have been hunting Weapon additive hunger shards for almost the entire campaign,

The weapon additve shards are WAY to rare considering there are many different kinds and to get the one you want may require hundreds of nodes destroyed.

and since the nodes are still relatively rare spawns to begin with...

The is NEEDS Tweaking its not fixed.

PS im fully trained from exploration basics through excavation and ore specialization. I'm using high quality tools, Miner and Connoisseur

I can easily harvest ten nodes and not get a weapon additive. And harvesting ten nodes means a night of wandering the map.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

When I was harvesting shards on the TEST server, my luck was abysmal. I've had much better luck on the LIVE server. Sacrifice shards are still worthless and there needs to be more hunger crystals spawning, especially in winter, to accommodate increasing competition for them, but I'm doing pretty well on shards:

EcqdSfu.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Trundle said:

When I was harvesting shards on the TEST server, my luck was abysmal. I've had much better luck on the LIVE server. Sacrifice shards are still worthless and there needs to be more hunger crystals spawning, especially in winter, to accommodate increasing competition for them, but I'm doing pretty well on shards:

Not good to hear that test is even worse off than live..........  Between Leather, Shards, and a known bug creating too much dmg on weapons that must certainly lead to a wipe......... been rough lately

Edited by Mayhem_

34 minutes ago, Mayhem_ said:

Not good to hear that test is even worse off than live..........  Between Leather, Shards, and a known bug creating too much dmg on weapons that must certainly lead to a wipe......... been rough lately

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The harvesting I did on TEST was in version 5.8.4, not 5.8.5. 

24 minutes ago, Trundle said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The harvesting I did on TEST was in version 5.8.4, not 5.8.5. 

Then I will carry "Hope" - thanks for Clarifying :)