Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_FancyHats

5.8.5 Snap Test Feedback and Bug reports for 3/12/19

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.5 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

Posted (edited)

😮 I just found a camp with an interact with guards thingy. Does that mean we can spend resources (gold) to upgrade guards at the outposts and camps now!!!

https://imgur.com/DHMdfDc

https://imgur.com/LhzOEyB

are they suposed to cost more to level them or do they just caost the 1k, because it says phase 0 of 10 but after putting in 1k i just got the guards and they were rank 10 and the node i was in was only rank 4

Edited by ShadowwBoi13

Brigands (The stealth trapping spec) Still Can't Stealth Trap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgbp7zn4ttardr8/Crowfall-brigand-bomb-test.mp4?dl=0

As seen in this video, live campaign. I've rolled Order, I've had Sharkbait roll balance. I can clearly be seen stealthing, and laying all three of my traps. All three of my traps are clearly visible to my enemy.

Additionally, both the Fairie and Explosive traps explode rather than derezz on time out, giving away my position even if I attempt to use terrian to compensate for this bug.

Please fix traps so that your stealth trapping promotion can actually stealth trap. This was reported in 5.8.3 and 5.8.4 TEST

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

It usually takes a couple tries to get into the world I get hung up at feeding crows. After another try I may get about 15 seconds or at least until the INVULNERABLE buff reaches exactly 0 at this point I get connection lost. Now other buffs upon reaching 0 are causing connection loss. this is on both 4.5 test and 4.4 live.

March 13, 2019

• Free Vendors are back! Yay!
  • The current Test campaign doesn't show Wartribe parcels in the adventure zones (Didn't actually check if they're there or not, but at least they aren't showing up on the map)
  • Attacking from behind still doesn't register dmg or write to the combat log.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for re-importing characters from live.  Much appreciated.

Hunger shards are still frustrating.  With 5 pips in hunger shards, the weapon additive drop rate is really low, and the sacrifice shards that drop instead are essentially an insult.  I would rather have the empty slots in my inventory than sacrifice shards that have such terrible sacrifice values on them.

Time to capture outposts solo still makes doing so feel bad.  It's a chore - a time consuming boring chore.

Why does it take the same time to capture a fort as it does to capture an outpost?  That's ridiculous.  Outpost should be far less.

Rankable guard hippos may be a good idea, but the current implementation is not.  The cost is pretty staggering to enable the guards, and frankly most of the fort guards are useless, so no one's going to pay for them.  The corner tower guards and the inside the throne room guards are the only ones likely to be implemented (and then only if the cost for doing so is greatly reduced).  On TEST with free gold, it could happen, but on LIVE?  No chance.

Also, you can buy guards in outposts that you don't own, which strikes me as weird.  And those guards are R10 even when the parcel is low rank.

If you buy a guard when the outpost is neutral, that guard stays neutral even when the outpost is captured.  If you buy a guard after the outpost is captured, it takes the faction of the outpost owner as expected.

You can still walk down vertical cliff walls by walking mostly horizontal.

Not being able to jump over obstacles whilst mounted is very frustrating.  low fences and the wall hippos at forts are impassable objects whilst mounted.

Gates (fort gates, keep gates etc) are still problematic.  Why can't you make the activation interface a flat sheet where the door is rather than a cylinder in front of it that's hard to target?    Also, it's still possible to desync after going through a gate - your client thinks you're out in the world, but the server thinks you're at the gate stuck.  It can take several minutes for the client to figure out it's not out in the world.

Edit to add:  The guards not changing faction appears to be a visual bug only.

Also, when you add R10 guards to an outpost, they come with 100m range and 100m aggro range.  So they kill off wildlife at a much greater distance than before.  Can you please stop having guards kill wildlife?  And fix outpost guards to have 25m aggro.

Edited by Durenthal

Before, Ghost Army only required 1 pip for the whole 10 seconds, now it requires 5 pips to run the whole 10 seconds.  Thus, the Banshee discipline is no longer among my top choices.

nlx5iKU.png

18 hours ago, yianni said:

inconceivable works 60% of the time

In my (admittedly limited) testing, it seems that inconceivable most often doesn’t work when you already have the buffs up. You need to wait for the buffs to expire before getting new buffs. Which makes sense, I guess. The cooldown of the power should probably be lengthened to reflect that interaction, or add some better UI/UX

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

4 hours ago, coolster50 said:

In my (admittedly limited) testing, it seems that inconceivable most often doesn’t work when you already have the buffs up. You need to wait for the buffs to expire before getting new buffs. Which makes sense, I guess. The cooldown of the power should probably be lengthened to reflect that interaction, or add some better UI/UX

yea but even then it doesnt always apply

also snipe doesnt knockdown the target 100% of the time