Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Muffakin

Free City Organization and Limit Vendors

This post is being written about 20 minutes into the new campaign. Every vendor spot on the top section is taken and a lot of the bottom sections of the are taken as well (in the Free City). It's hard to tell exactly who is setting up the vendors, but roughly 7 stores have the same setup, one rune tool in the middle priced at 9k gold. This to me looks like one player has taken all those spots, this is severely unfair for anybody who can't join the game immediately. I was only about 20 minutes late to the free city and I had to take a spot at the bottom.

Players should be limited to 1 vendor in the free city and 1 vendor in the temple (which only has 6 spots?). Limiting players would allow for people who can't join right away to also get a chance to sell.

The Free City and Temple need more vendor slots and a lot better organization. For a city built around trade, there is no rhyme or reason for the design, Aerynth Trades (a player EK) is much more enjoyable to shop at (despite the awful connectivity issues I have on EKs) because of how easy it is to go from shop to shop and see everything in such a short time. The free city is too spread out.

I play the game primarily for crafting and if I don't have a vendor it is extremely difficult to sell wares.

tldr; Limit vendors per person. Reorganize the Free City.

I'm not sure, but what if certain vendor spots had higher rents than others to encourage players to think before they rush to grab 4 spots right by the gates? Obviously some mega guilds will do this anyway, but having a few vendors packed with decent gear near the gate is a time saver and if they can afford it; why should we stop them? 

sell useful thinmg people will go down the bottom to visit there still like 15 odd spots left in free city atm the fog area hasnt even beed started yet i got my jewelery shop by there 😛

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Directly limiting the number of stores should be the last option.

Have different tax upkeep based on locations and maybe a extra tax for more than one store should work.

Player will probably just have have alts/friends/guildies or whatever help them to bypass anything we came up with if they really want tho.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Muffakin said:

This post is being written about 20 minutes into the new campaign. Every vendor spot on the top section is taken and a lot of the bottom sections of the are taken as well (in the Free City). It's hard to tell exactly who is setting up the vendors, but roughly 7 stores have the same setup, one rune tool in the middle priced at 9k gold. This to me looks like one player has taken all those spots, this is severely unfair for anybody who can't join the game immediately. I was only about 20 minutes late to the free city and I had to take a spot at the bottom.

Players should be limited to 1 vendor in the free city and 1 vendor in the temple (which only has 6 spots?). Limiting players would allow for people who can't join right away to also get a chance to sell.

The Free City and Temple need more vendor slots and a lot better organization. For a city built around trade, there is no rhyme or reason for the design, Aerynth Trades (a player EK) is much more enjoyable to shop at (despite the awful connectivity issues I have on EKs) because of how easy it is to go from shop to shop and see everything in such a short time. The free city is too spread out.

I play the game primarily for crafting and if I don't have a vendor it is extremely difficult to sell wares.

Capitalism. 

It is kinda custarded up but why is that the devs problem?  Buy it and move on. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Capitalism. 

It is kinda custarded up but why is that the devs problem?  Buy it and move on. 

Capitalism and free markets work well when there is an abundance of information for consumers to choose optimal providers. This game doesn't provide any useful info about vendors and EK markets, sht you can't even filter out offline EK's.

Just now, DocHollidaze said:

Capitalism and free markets work well when there is an abundance of information for consumers to choose optimal providers. This game doesn't provide any useful info about vendors and EK markets, sht you can't even filter out offline EK's.

I didn't mean to imply it was good but just that is it. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

11 hours ago, Muffakin said:

just make vendors like eso you have to bid on them. Highest bid wins the spot. That way the free market can pick the vendors and if you want them all you gotta pay the $$. 

its smart, you can sell the vendor slots for big money, but id rather it be the bidding war like on ESO so we can see some merchant guilds emerge and dominate the market 

8 hours ago, veeshan said:

sell useful thinmg people will go down the bottom to visit there still like 15 odd spots left in free city atm the fog area hasnt even beed started yet i got my jewelery shop by there 😛

Awesome, excited to buy some more jewelery(: 3/4 of my pieces are Veeshan and looking to add another necklace eventually.

You are right though, people will visit below. My vendor was down there last campaign. I also check out all the vendors Everytime. But I know some players will just buy the first decent deal without looking further and managing my vendors my favorite part of the game right now. Feels upsetting to lose sales due to location. But I get that there is no way to really see that my location is the cause of that or if my prices are(:

2 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

I agree about the information part, it took me about a week to figure out how to get and setup a vendor. The information might be out there, but I can't find it. Players in game have so far have been the best source and I've started just asking first before going out online to search.

6 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Directly limiting the number of stores should be the last option.

Have different tax upkeep based on locations and maybe a extra tax for more than one store should work.

Player will probably just have have alts/friends/guildies or whatever help them to bypass anything we came up with if they really want tho.

The more I read replies and think about it, I agree, there shouldn't be a limited number of vendors per person. I like the tax/upkeep idea though(:

30 minutes ago, Muffakin said:

I agree about the information part, it took me about a week to figure out how to get and setup a vendor. The information might be out there, but I can't find it. Players in game have so far have been the best source and I've started just asking first before going out online to search.

By "information" I mean about what products or services are available - not tutorials on how to setup a vendor.

16 hours ago, Muffakin said:

The Free City and Temple need more vendor slots and a lot better organization. For a city built around trade, there is no rhyme or reason for the design,

Free City does have a huge amount of underutilized space and could be more efficiently organized for trade purposes.

And it should have a Gladiator Dueling Arena as an attraction!

tiPrpwh.png