Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mandalore

The Hordes of Chaos vs The League of Extraordinary Balance

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Andius said:

Balance got 3 keeps for three primary reasons last night.

1. Chaos was split across several discords and comms were in total disarray. Shots were being called and many people weren't hearing them due to to the division in voice comms and it caused us to be slow to respond to situations appropriately. We had people staying in when a call to fall back was given, staying back when being told to push etc.

2. We decided to take all of our people to push the offense to get experience pushing the offense. Ultimately, that wasn't a good tactical decision if we care about winning this campaign. But I think many people are here to learn and really don't care about winning or losing all that much. Not presenting a value judgement on that mentality one way or the other, it's just clearly a reason we failed to defend our keep.

3. Older characters and more experienced players on balance.

Personally, I joined a few days ago. I don't really care if we win or lose this campaign. I just care that we're stronger going into the next one than we are in this one.

Good fights.

I wish more players had this outlook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mandalore said:

That's just sad then.  HoA on most sieges fails to fill the fourth group.  With all hands on deck and every possible elf logging in maybe we could fill 5 1/2 - 6 groups.  If that's making or breaking entire factions then shame on those factions.

TBH in the spectrum of current actives, that's 3 more groups than almost every other guild that bothers to actually play the game.

There's a lot of lip flapping on the recruiting boards but the reality of live play is there are a small handful of guilds that have evidenced any ability to even fill two groups at this point.

The "WB and HOA are big guilds" thing is pretty accurate with current population numbers. Even historically large guilds simply aren't fielding the numbers.

We field more people at the average siege than every balance guild that isn't HOA and W and we barely field over a group when our current daily play actives are online. We are a very small guild. We just work harder than most of them because we are bad at our social lives and suck at video games.

There are a lot of people in very large guilds who just don't think the rewards on offer are worth their time farming for stuff that's going to get wiped anyway. That's the reality of alpha.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Marth said:

Idk if chaos just all rolled balance then they could win too!

I have to say, I would be interested in seeing a campaign where this happened. Seriously. What do the handful of people who end up in the other factions do if just by unfortunate happenstance, all the big guilds are together? I would expect in the long run there will be some system to keep faction-war campaigns from going like this, but I could see it happening regardless.

My thought is that eventually, there would be enough systems in place (i.e., enough complexity in the supporting environment, not necessarily direct control systems such as combat biases) so that it would be feasible to press a campaign through to a decent enough finish as a faction forced into playing an irregular warfare / guerilla strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ardrea said:

I have to say, I would be interested in seeing a campaign where this happened. Seriously. What do the handful of people who end up in the other factions do if just by unfortunate happenstance, all the big guilds are together? I would expect in the long run there will be some system to keep faction-war campaigns from going like this, but I could see it happening regardless.

My thought is that eventually, there would be enough systems in place (i.e., enough complexity in the supporting environment, not necessarily direct control systems such as combat biases) so that it would be feasible to press a campaign through to a decent enough finish as a faction forced into playing an irregular warfare / guerilla strategy.

It would only take 1 campaign before a patch to stop that would be rolled out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andius said:

Balance got 3 keeps for three primary reasons last night.

1. Chaos was split across several discords and comms were in total disarray. Shots were being called and many people weren't hearing them due to to the division in voice comms and it caused us to be slow to respond to situations appropriately. We had people staying in when a call to fall back was given, staying back when being told to push etc.

2. We decided to take all of our people to push the offense to get experience pushing the offense. Ultimately, that wasn't a good tactical decision if we care about winning this campaign. But I think many people are here to learn and really don't care about winning or losing all that much. Not presenting a value judgement on that mentality one way or the other, it's just clearly a reason we failed to defend our keep.

3. Older characters and more experienced players on balance.

Personally, I joined a few days ago. I don't really care if we win or lose this campaign. I just care that we're stronger going into the next one than we are in this one.

Good fights.

HMU if you ever want to play with a guild/alliance who thinks like you do.  I like your style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, mandalore said:

That's just sad then.  HoA on most sieges fails to fill the fourth group.  With all hands on deck and every possible elf logging in maybe we could fill 5 1/2 - 6 groups.  If that's making or breaking entire factions then shame on those factions.

Right now UDL fails to fill a second group ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mandalore said:

That's a surprisingly nuanced opinion that most of your faction peers don't share bc of feelings.  Good on you. 

I think that most of the faction players share this sentiment, it's just a vocal minority here on these boards that set the negative tone. Very few actually read this, let alone post. Please don't think that the narrative here is an accurate reflection of the entire faction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Chroma said:

I think that most of the faction players share this sentiment, it's just a vocal minority here on these boards that set the negative tone. Very few actually read this, let alone post. Please don't think that the narrative here is an accurate reflection of the entire faction. 

I get along well with you, Blazzen, Gracen and WeaponsX.  I know you all agree with this to varying degrees.  I know that some of the louder voices scream otherwise but at the end I know where you guys sit on big issues. 


This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marth said:

Idk if chaos just all rolled balance then they could win too!

Let’s do it. We already have precedent with ones joining Balance ftw. Can’t beat em join em. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, veeshan said:

Legendary heavy weapon maybe?

5.2k neckbreaker always fun.
 

Yeah not even close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 7:31 PM, blazzen said:

I didn't realize a 194 damage weapon was even possible.

unknown.png

I can't believe I just watched a 6 min video of hitting a tree and a naked dwarf....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 3:44 PM, PopeUrban said:

There are a lot of people in very large guilds who just don't think the rewards on offer are worth their time farming for stuff that's going to get wiped anyway.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:42 PM, Andius said:

3. Older characters and more experienced players on balance.

Together, these two things reinforce a loosing cycle.

  • people who don't play, don't learn, gear up or team up
  • people who don't learn, gear or team up, don't win
  • people who consistently loose don't play

Beyond farming for stuff that will be wiped, players that are actually playing are learning what works well and what does not, finding a guild that fits well for each of us, and how we can best fit within that guild. Guild officers are building and refining teams, learning how to best wield those teams, refining guild doctrine, and forging relationships within their guild and with other guilds.

Players and guilds that wait until they feel the juice is worth the squeeze are going to be cannon fodder to guilds that have been on the ground all along. Stuff that is wiped can be quickly reforged if the gears are already turning. Building and tuning the machine takes time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...