• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jah

Jah's Reports on the Trial of Valkyn

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andius said:

Small was the force of Chaos that held you off for a good two hours or so. Varying between 2-5 members during the chase we lead you on, at least 3 of whom joined the game this campaign. I counted at least 7 of you that were summoned to dispatch me and my fiance and her 2nd day of play when we were found. I'm guessing representing quite a few years of play and purple/orange items between you, though we were holding decently against Phr00t and the other he had with him until 5 more arrived. And you had like 2 different spies tracking people.

We had a maximum of 7 people and for most of the time, 5 people running across multiple zones. 
Me personally, I started playing in December, and a couple others in my guild started even later.

We only ever saw you and your fiance once, after we finally caught up to you in Galstor (due to the map being broken). Ran into VK a couple times.

In the end your 7(+I'm assuming) of vets who have been playing this game for years managed to corpsecamp and track with spies 3(Maybe 4?) people who were still resisting at that point long enough to get the map to 0 for a short enough time none of us saw it.
You were killed by a group of 4 people and corpse camped so that we could get the zero out. You could have temple-ressed at any time if you wanted to continue on.

I hope you're proud you've killed people's will to fight you enough that 2 hours of calling for people to come help us in faction in Discord only saw one member of my guild (AceX) and VK69 & Arnould to muster enough will to stand on a single circle as we held you off.

Any time you wanted to do a fight instead of running around, avoiding us at all costs, to stop the zero, we were down. All you had to do was stay in one zone and wait, but instead you were running across the whole world just trying to avoid the 0.
We were going for a zero out at 3am EST, if you can't find people due to "no will to fight" that's sort of expected at 3am?

Of course I'm sure this is where you'll insert a line about Chaos having more people but that isn't true anymore. It was true at the start of this campaign but at the last siege I was able to attend Chaos stacked the zone we were pushing with 41, and you guys managed to push Brieltas into queue meaning at this point you have both more and more experienced players.

I never saw any /who faction count on Balance over 100 people this whole campaign, but we saw many more than that on Chaos. They need to band together and get their people motivated to play, rather than play an insignificant amount and not learn how to get better.

You may want to reconsider stacking all the strongest players into the same faction and then relentlessly hounding the guilds like Transcendence that are still doing anything to come join you in balance if you want to continue having anyone to fight. Nobody is impressed with what you're doing here anymore but yourselves.

We have had organized fights with several guilds from Chaos, with constructive development on both sides. When chaos wants to play the game, they are playing the game and the campaign becomes fun. 

Props to the few other members of Chaos like VK and crew who are still bothering to log in and push objectives at this point. You were the real heros last night. 2-5 newbs holding off a horde of vets with their alt spies for hours. That actually took something. 

It was a fun experience, trying to chase you guys down instead of a head-up fight was new and fresh (for me, not so much the vets)

Edited by Phr00t

2 hours ago, Andius said:

Small was the force of Chaos that held you off for a good two hours or so. Varying between 2-5 members during the chase we lead you on, at least 3 of whom joined the game this campaign. I counted at least 7 of you that were summoned to dispatch me and my fiance and her 2nd day of play when we were found. I'm guessing representing quite a few years of play and purple/orange items between you, though we were holding decently against Phr00t and the other he had with him until 5 more arrived. And you had like 2 different spies tracking people.

In the end your 7(+I'm assuming) of vets who have been playing this game for years managed to corpsecamp and track with spies 3(Maybe 4?) people who were still resisting at that point long enough to get the map to 0 for a short enough time none of us saw it.

I hope you're proud you've killed people's will to fight you enough that 2 hours of calling for people to come help us in faction in Discord only saw one member of my guild (AceX) and VK69 & Arnould to muster enough will to stand on a single circle as we held you off.

Of course I'm sure this is where you'll insert a line about Chaos having more people but that isn't true anymore. It was true at the start of this campaign but at the last siege I was able to attend Chaos stacked the zone we were pushing with 41, and you guys managed to push Brieltas into queue meaning at this point you have both more and more experienced players.

You may want to reconsider stacking all the strongest players into the same faction and then relentlessly hounding the guilds like Transcendence that are still doing anything to come join you in balance if you want to continue having anyone to fight. Nobody is impressed with what you're doing here anymore but yourselves.

Props to the few other members of Chaos like VK and crew who are still bothering to log in and push objectives at this point. You were the real heros last night. 2-5 newbs holding off a horde of vets with their alt spies for hours. That actually took something. 

what about the order they came up, wiped chaos backline, then pushed into the keep to the tree of life and started hitting it, no one ever mentions order :(

If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

7 minutes ago, Staff said:

what about the order they came up, wiped chaos backline, then pushed into the keep to the tree of life and started hitting it, no one ever mentions order :(

Order isn't real.  They are like unicorns, leprechauns, honest politicians and hot women with a crazy rating of 1. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

31 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Order isn't real.  They are like unicorns, leprechauns, honest politicians and hot women with a crazy rating of 1. 

can confirm on that last one @Heartsteel may be a 10 but shes also clinically insane....... anyway when you see an order you can make a wish, its like a shooting star

4 hours ago, Andius said:

Small was the force of Chaos that held you off for a good two hours or so. Varying between 2-5 members during the chase we lead you on, at least 3 of whom joined the game this campaign. I counted at least 7 of you that were summoned to dispatch me and my fiance and her 2nd day of play when we were found. 

Of course I'm sure this is where you'll insert a line about Chaos having more people but that isn't true anymore. It was true at the start of this campaign...

Andius,

I salute you and your epic tale of back capping in the wilds of uncharted and bug riddled Galstor with your band of 2-5 Chaotic Rebels vs the 7 Strong Legion of Balance.

Glory be to all those that contest in the name of Valkyn the 1am circle standing.

I am told that the Dread DarthBunBun, circlestander extrodinare, and his renowned compatriots Phroot the Unnerfed Confessor and Galvia the Sometimes Streaming we're led on a merry chase for some time by one or two outpost backcaps in their Grand Quest for the Screenshot.

May the Great Pann, Hearld of the Pantheon of the Gods forever record these mighty deeds.

Never have so few, 2-5, stood so valiantly against the slightly more than few, 7.

Well done Chaos! 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mandalore said:

Who do you think has that much time to farm the mats for the embers it would take for a full set of rerolled legendary gear? 

Who do you think you are you fooling here? Everyone knows about the tree exploit by now.

4 hours ago, Phr00t said:

We only ever saw you and your fiance once, after we finally caught up to you in Galstor (due to the map being broken). Ran into VK a couple times.

We started capping a bit after 10 PST and you guys finally got your half-second of 0 cap a bit past midnight. We were constant capping that entire time up until you finally caught us and corpsecamped us and then followed us around with your spy after we temple rezzed once we realized you were going to corpsecamp, and had to recall. We took least one outpost in every single zone that had cap-able points over the course of the chase. Not just Galstor. But the fact you barely saw us that entire time is good. That was our aim.

Of course you were chasing us all night so it's not like you didn't know we took outposts in every zone or that we didn't temple recall once we realized you guys were going to just corpsecamp. 

4 hours ago, Phr00t said:

Any time you wanted to do a fight instead of running around, avoiding us at all costs, to stop the zero, we were down.

Good to know. I'll keep in mind you're willing to 7 v 2 a week 2 player in blues and day 2 player in whites. Sounds much better than holding off a force twice our size from their objective for hours.

As to the entire war between Chaos and Balance. I can't be doing any more than I am doing really. When I'm at home with access to my desktop I am on. When I'm on I'm either pushing for better gear or taking objectives (More of the latter than the former given the season). When I'm taking objective I'm actively trying to find people to work with. The problem is that there are precious few people who care anymore and I can go hours without finding people other than myself and now my fiance since she's joined me.

I would congratulate you on a job well done. But the more I learn about the history of the game the more I realize is current state of perpetual balance of victory is because the main groups fighting against balance just gave up and joined them. I mean, I could do that too, I've received several invitations to do so. But I actually kind of want to see this game release instead of running off as many players as possible during the trials. What kind of player retention rate do you think there is among people who decide to roll Order or Chaos?

I'll keep doing what I can do at this point with the power and knowledge I've gained over these two weeks. But if you're waiting for me to balance a 3 faction game that has Staff and Zombie as an entire faction, and a few demoralized groups that barely log in and largely can't be bothered to push objectives when they do as the other, you might be waiting awhile before you get decent fights again.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

24 minutes ago, Andius said:

Who do you think you are you fooling here? Everyone knows about the tree exploit by now.

The irony in that anecdotal accusation of cheating is that I actually have no idea what you’re talking about.  What god damn tree exploit so I can go get me some embers?

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

27 minutes ago, Andius said:

We started capping a bit after 10 PST and you guys finally got your half-second of 0 cap a bit past midnight. We were constant capping that entire time up until you finally caught us and corpsecamped us and then followed us around with your spy after we temple rezzed once we realized you were going to corpsecamp, and had to recall. We took least one outpost in every single zone that had cap-able points over the course of the chase. Not just Galstor. But the fact you barely saw us that entire time is good. That was our aim.

Of course you were chasing us all night so it's not like you didn't know we took outposts in every zone or that we didn't temple recall once we realized you guys were going to just corpsecamp. 

Good to know. I'll keep in mind you're willing to 7 v 2 a week 2 player in blues and day 2 player in whites. Sounds much better than 

I'll keep doing what I can do at this point with the power and knowledge I've gained over these two weeks. But if you're waiting for me to balance a 3 faction game that has Staff and Zombie as an entire faction, and a few demoralized groups that barely log in and largely can't be bothered to push objectives when they do as the other, you might be waiting awhile before you get decent fights again.

Just wondering who you think is responsible for the situation we are all in?  

Is chaos at fault?  They have the death alliance: LoD/UDL/OBS/and a few other guilds.  They had over a 100 people in coms for a different game release.  What about UxA?  If they cared they could probably call the banners and be 20+ people who have solid gaming backgrounds.  

Order has zombie.  He’s basically the hulk but without powers, skill, talent or green skin.  

Is it Balances fault?  HoA tried allying with the less active smaller guilds and it was miserable to have to carry people who didn’t wanna play like we want to.  W is 30+ people with all their banners called but same problem as we had.  

It’s prealpha so some people can’t be bothered to play a lot (me).  It’s prealpha so not everybody treats it serious.  It’s prealpha so there’s not a deep bench of players to pull from.  They are giving us rewards, expect there to be somebody who wants it.  

To me the sad thing is that 60-70 people have smashed the community to the point where every month there’s another post complaining about it.  I’ve been here a long time and this isn’t the first post of this nature I’ve read. 

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, moneda said:

That ain't a lot of posts. 🤔 

After 30 months it is. 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Just wondering who you think is responsible for the situation we are all in?  

Is it Balances fault?

Yes. You think I enjoy calling for help in faction chat for 2-3 hours to push objectives we should all care about as a faction, and only have 3 people respond? No

But I still do it because joining you would just contribute to ruining the game. Same is true for you. You were on the losing faction and you left it to join the one that was already winning. Nobody is going to respect that. Nobody should respect that.

"Nobody worked with us" isn't a reason. It's an excuse. A bad one. Any of the rest of us still over here trying to push objectives could use it too if we wanted to.

You only have a game to play because those of us who haven't. 

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

skill, talent

Aren't these the same thing?

Everyone has different levels of energy they're willing and wanting to put forth. To use an arbitrary number, let's give W/HoA a combined score of 8: this is a measure of not only their desire to show up, but their desire to win, and all the things that must combine in order to do so: gear, composition, teamwork, etc.

It's perfectly fine if other groups or guilds don't want to put forth the score of 8--some folks just want to show up. Some guilds are crafting focused where combat in that regard isn't top on their list. For some it's pre-alpha and they're not overly concerned with the outcome, but perhaps play casually to keep abreast of game changes/improvements. However these things land, I assume (I really don't know many of the older Chaos guilds, so I could be wrong), that there aren't any guilds as of yet, with the score of 8, that match either HoA or W in size. 

To win in Crowfall, I suspect that half-measures won't cut it. So one must accept what is required to win, and if that is not a level of commitment that one is willing to put forth, to accept and be okay with it. Right now I suspect that Chaos overall has the numbers to contend with the Green Menace--the question, is do they want to? Should Chaos rise to the arbitrary 8, I think the scoreboard might look a bit different. 

Posted (edited)

This is not a mystery.  On Chaos you have a multitude of guilds with varying degrees of commitment/gear/experience.  On Balance you have two (3 if you count Clams)  guilds with high levels commitment/gear/experience.  At the beginning of the campaign Balance and Chaos fielded similar numbers.  The well oiled machine consisting of fewer parts dominated.  After getting their poorly made socks kicked in repeatedly people from the less organized and motivated faction moved on. 

What is a mystery is that the Balance faction somehow paints their dubious Alliance as anything more then what it is.  Boring, and lame.  You are killing it in this pre-alpha.  We get it, but why would anyone stick around?  

And "get gud scrubz" is not the solution.  People are willing to invest what they are willing to invest (As Zombie said). 

I don't think many are laboring under the delusion that this current state of affairs is anything more than what it is.  A child could understand the politics involved here.  All the best players decided to gang up and bully everyone else.  Period.  Any arguments to the contrary are only made (I assume) because Balance doesn't like the feeling that comes along with what they are doing.  No one wants to be lame.  You want to see your hard work and victories as some kind of heroic struggle.  I get it. 

Those not trying to pull off your mental/emotional gymnastics have only the facts.  And the facts are super not fun for a majority of prospective players right now.

Edited by Valgrim

9 hours ago, Andius said:

Yes. You think I enjoy calling for help in faction chat for 2-3 hours to push objectives we should all care about as a faction, and only have 3 people respond? No

But I still do it because joining you would just contribute to ruining the game. Same is true for you. You were on the losing faction and you left it to join the one that was already winning. Nobody is going to respect that. Nobody should respect that.

"Nobody worked with us" isn't a reason. It's an excuse. A bad one. Any of the rest of us still over here trying to push objectives could use it too if we wanted to.

You only have a game to play because those of us who haven't. 

hey man, with 8 people order has almost accomplished some good things, just get 8, a good leader, and then play smart

33 minutes ago, Staff said:

hey man, with 8 people order has almost accomplished some good things, just get 8, a good leader, and then play smart

^ is such a better attitude than you’re winning and ruining the game for the people who don’t want to put in as much effort. 

wiDfyPp.png

^ is such a better attitude than you’re winning and ruining the game for the people who don’t want to put in as much effort. 

I just wanted to log in once a month and win the campaign. This is your fault.

6 hours ago, Valgrim said:

I don't think many are laboring under the delusion that this current state of affairs is anything more than what it is.

I agree. The current state of affairs is a test environment mixing new players still figuring out what the game even is, with veterans playing to crush and exposing the game mechanics for what they are so the developers can determine how they want their game to work.

Once game mechanics are settled, and there are multiple campaign environments for players to choose from, this will pass.

Sign in to follow this