Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jah

Jah's Reports on the Trial of Valkyn

11 hours ago, Andius said:

Yes. You think I enjoy calling for help in faction chat for 2-3 hours to push objectives we should all care about as a faction, and only have 3 people respond? No

But I still do it because joining you would just contribute to ruining the game. Same is true for you. You were on the losing faction and you left it to join the one that was already winning. Nobody is going to respect that. Nobody should respect that.

"Nobody worked with us" isn't a reason. It's an excuse. A bad one. Any of the rest of us still over here trying to push objectives could use it too if we wanted to.

You only have a game to play because those of us who haven't. 

winning.png

Isn't that you personal motto?  Well we are winning, we aim to win.  CSC, HoA and -W- all plan to win.  We plan to to put in the effort required.  We have people like Ble, BunBun, Balathan, Bendless, Banna, Boulein, Balfric, Bylor the jester, Bah all the powerful B names of the game. 

Even Bandalore if my posting gets out of hand. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to Chime in here real quick because this is such an interesting thread for a host of reasons, but my main concern is how we as a community seem to be treating each other recently. 

First, let me start by saying "Thank You Jah!" for doing this and hopefully your efforts will bring some fresh blood to the game and revive some people that have lost interest due to current state of pre-alpha. 

So as we all know the current state of affairs is rough around the edges and it's clear Balance is more organized and playing to win. Not sure why this is a problem since it's a game and needs to be tested, also let's not forget without a hardcore player base to break/abuse/exploit everything this stuff wouldn't get fixed and would cause the game to fail spectacularly come launch.

Second, I think lots of people are taking this whole thing way to personally except for Order who are way more relaxed despite there predicament and those are people I can easily get down with, so expect to see me flying Orange next Campaign on NA.

Let's try not to take the #warstories as such a personal affront to our skill level and realize it needs to be phrased in such a way that will not only garner interest in the game, but also make it sound like there is more going on than there truly is. Half the people complaining on Chaos in this thread about numbers have no remorse about killing me 1v5+, but complain the instance they get outnumbered and start bringing up gear, time-played, and every other excuse for some reason.

It's a PvP game you are going to die...LOTS..and most the time it's going to be massively unfair. Get over it or as Mandy always points out find a Guild or better yet Make one and get your own "unfair advantage," but either way lets stop beating this dead horse over and over on the boards it's just in poor taste and really makes people sound like sore losers.

Also, if you are on the winning side aka Balance. You don't need to justify yourself or actions on the boards either, if someone wants to QQ just let them do it by themselves stop jumping into threads and even nicely explaining why the person is wrong/bad/misinformed or anything else because we all know people read text in "anger voice" and it just leads to further pollution of the boards and makes you sound like a poor winner which is even worse than a sore loser.

On a personal note I've been enjoying the game solo this campaign and have found it both fun and rewarding for my time investment. There are lots of disadvantages to being a solo player especially one that is non-stealth, but overcoming those is part of the enjoyment for me and finding/pushing the limits of what my build can do is quite fun. I get killed quite often in fact I might have the most deaths in game at least on Balance side, but you will never see me on the boards QQing about some real or imagined disadvantage. I get better with each loss, I learn to adapt my play-style to fit the current state of affairs and who/how and where/when to engage/disengage from fights. If you take losses rather fair or unfair as learning tools you will enjoy the game quite a bit more and get better at the same time. 

TLDL - We all know the game is still in the "works," so let's not antagonize each other for sport when someone has a "moment"

Edited by Sorrows

1 hour ago, VaMei said:

I agree. The current state of affairs is a test environment mixing new players still figuring out what the game even is, with veterans playing to crush and exposing the game mechanics for what they are so the developers can determine how they want their game to work.

Once game mechanics are settled, and there are multiple campaign environments for players to choose from, this will pass. 

I agree that this should hopefully pass.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mandalore said:

winning.png

Isn't that you personal motto?  Well we are winning, we aim to win.  CSC, HoA and -W- all plan to win.  We plan to to put in the effort required.  We have people like Ble, BunBun, Balathan, Bendless, Banna, Boulein, Balfric, Bylor the jester, Bah all the powerful B names of the game. 

Even Bandalore if my posting gets out of hand. 

This isn't about honor. This is about if you want to see this game succeed. If you care about the fact there are people joining one faction to discover they are playing alone and the other to discover they have no chance of victory and what that does about player retention rates.

There is a difference between using guerilla tactics / fighting dirty (Which I do support), and just curling up rolling over and saying "We can't beat you so we'll join you" to a group that doesn't even need your help to win. Honor aside it's a game and I need a worthwhile objective to have fun. If my faction is going to meet their objectives so easily I don't feel like their contributions make a difference... that just seems boring/lame tbh.

I PvP dirty, but at least I don't put myself in a situation where my side will win whether or not me and my entire guild ever logs on. 

I'm rank 2 in my faction because I use "dirty" tactics and refuse to fight unwinnable fights head-on against opponents that highly outgear and outnumber me. What rank are you in yours from letting other people do your work for you? Maybe your faction is winning the campaign, but I'll get a gold whether or not I log in for the rest of the campaign. So it seems like personally, I'm doing a lot more winning than you are.

Anyway, like you said, apparently this gets pointed out to you every month and you're going to play the game the way you want to play the game. If you enjoy killing a game and being redundant then you do you I guess. I'll say no more on the topic, on the forums at least. 

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

2 hours ago, Andius said:

This isn't about honor. This is about if you want to see this game succeed. If you care about the fact there are people joining one faction to discover they are playing alone and the other to discover they have no chance of victory and what that does about player retention rates.

You seem to be way more emotional about this game than the people you are criticizing and that makes your assumptions waaaay off the mark.  First, its not the players responsibility to make or keep the game "playable" and I put that in quotations because in this context it is highly subjective.  It, is in fact, the testers responsibility to play this game to its fullest, in every direction, finding and testing all interactions so that it becomes a better game based on those efforts.  And I say this in response to your mistaking the players responsibilities, not to to the motivations behind the players decisions to this point (of which I'm happy to share, on discord).

There is a difference between using guerilla tactics / fighting dirty (Which I do support), and just curling up rolling over and saying "We can't beat you so we'll join you" to a group that doesn't even need your help to win. Honor aside it's a game and I need a worthwhile objective to have fun. If my faction is going to meet their objectives so easily I don't feel like their contributions make a difference... that just seems boring/lame tbh.

Secondly, since you are directing your rage at an HoA member, repeatedly with hyperbole and passive aggressive remarks to the tune of "switch because couldn't win" then you must not have been playing, Order won more recently than it lost whilst HoA was on the faction.  And if you would like to have a discussion with me in discord (ble#5916) I can give you some more info that you are missing, so you won't have to rely so heavily on these desperate debate tactics that do you no good.

I PvP dirty, but at least I don't put myself in a situation where my side will win whether or not me and my entire guild ever logs on. 

I'm not sure what PvP dirty means, but all we want to do is completely obliterate our enemy, remove hope from their sphere of influence and have them deciding between domination and subjugation on a daily basis.  Seems simple and clean to me, though some might see it as dirty.   Jokes asside, to say that success happens before we log in is untrue.  Simple as that.  Our alliance works together as a team.  If you could see the discussions we have, we are not arrogant, we do not "know" that we will win.  We work together to form our plans and even into the execution of those plans.  The only night that we could have won without showing up was last night, and that's because the enemy didn't show up either.

I'm rank 2 in my faction because I use "dirty" tactics and refuse to fight unwinnable fights head-on against opponents that highly outgear and outnumber me. What rank are you in yours from letting other people do your work for you? Maybe your faction is winning the campaign, but I'll get a gold whether or not I log in for the rest of the campaign. So it seems like personally, I'm doing a lot more winning than you are.

I'd not use the ranking system now, or ever, to value yourself.  Most ranking systems simply show who has the most time to play the game, and who is most effective at procuring points during the time they play the game.  That is it.  Example: You won't find our crafters on the leaderboards (well, for this CW at least) but they are as, or more, important than our combatants as far as securing a win.  This is not a solo game, this is a group game, so the solo leaderboards are just there because its simply one more way for people to compete.  Our guild could care less about one persons accomplishments.  If you have to look at the leaderboard, look at the guild scores.  That says more to me.  Criticizing an individual because their current life status does not allow them alot of time to play seems pointless.

Anyway, like you said, apparently this gets pointed out to you every month and you're going to play the game the way you want to play the game. If you enjoy killing a game and being redundant then you do you I guess. I'll say no more on the topic, on the forums at least. 

Exactly, everyone is entitled to play the game the way they most enjoy.  And again, the games success is not the onus of the player.  I'm glad you'll discontinue this discussion though because clearly you need better information.

HMU on discord for more discussion.

4 hours ago, Andius said:

yo, you aint #2, youre 3, 0-36, it aint even close

If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Staff said:

yo, you aint #2, youre 3, 0-36, it aint even close

I'm a crusader cleric... healing/healing assists aren't even counted in the current system. Are you seriously criticizing a tanky healer for not making final blows? 

And I guarantee you there are plenty of people who play more than me. I haven't even gotten on until 10PM the last few nights due to IRL obligations. Still pushing 100-200+ score a night lately. But especially due to the season I'm prioritizing points because this game is essentially a grand MOBA and taking objectives is what pushes your faction forward. My apologies to mandalore if he is a dedicated crafter/gatherer. In any other scenario though, I am confident I'm doing more to help my faction than he is.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Andius said:

My apologies to mandalore if he is a dedicated crafter/gatherer.

I'm a cleric too!   I appreciate the name drop in a conversation I'm not in though.  If you say my name three times in a dark mirror I appear.  I'm not a havrester or crafter.  I have people for that who are far better at it than I would ever be.  Blessed be Ussiah and Lordslime. 

https://community.crowfall.com/forum/110-cleric/

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

9 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

Not sure if anyone recorded the Order v. Balance siege fights tonight, so here's an arm-flailing Minotaur perspective. 

Well, since you asked:

1 minute ago, ZombieGandhi said:

That was a pretty clutch and close fight on the Tree of Life. Always fun to see battles from the other perspective. 

Best fights come when you least expect them sometimes.

2 minutes ago, ZombieGandhi said:

That was a pretty clutch and close fight on the Tree of Life. Always fun to see battles from the other perspective. 

I was going to come to this one but I didn't wanna scare you away with my low jumping abilities. 

wiDfyPp.png

Sign in to follow this