Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andius

Speed Bonuses, What Are They Good For? (Absolutely Nothing)

So I ran into a major issue. I started Centaur because I wanted a speed advantage. And I got one. An out of combat speed boost of 25%. Sweet that's pretty major.

Then to get even faster I took the bard discipline and ran speed song. 30% speed bonus out of combat! Sweet! Until I realized running it removes Master Trailblazer. So... that bonus is completely redundant in any party with a bard.

But then I learn I can use mounts out of combat, they give the largest speed bonus, and they neither stack with Master Trailblazer nor the speed song. Rendering both completely redundant other than the 10% combat speed buff of bard.

So my original ability was rendered redundant by a discipline, which was rendered redundant by mounts. Given that most older players will have mounts 100% of the time it makes these bonuses almost completely useless past being a newb.

So the suggestion is simple. I'd like one of two things:

A. Make out of combat speed buffs stack, even if it's diminishing returns don't make them useless.
B. Replace them with another ability that's actually useful for people with mounts.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

7 minutes ago, Andius said:

So I ran into a major issue. I started Centaur because I wanted a speed advantage. And I got one. An out of combat speed boost of 25%. Sweet that's pretty major.

Then to get even faster I took the bard discipline and ran speed song. 30% speed bonus out of combat! Sweet! Until I realized running it removes Master Trailblazer. So... that bonus is completely redundant in any party with a bard.

But then I learn I can use mounts out of combat, they give the largest speed bonus, and they neither stack with Master Trailblazer nor the speed song. Rendering both completely redundant other than the 10% combat speed buff of bard.

So my original ability was rendered redundant by a discipline, which was rendered redundant by mounts. Given that most older players will have mounts 100% of the time it makes these bonuses almost completely useless past being a newb.

So the suggestion is simple. I'd like one of two things:

A. Make out of combat speed buffs stack, even if it's diminishing returns don't make them useless.
B. Replace them with another ability that's actually useful for people with mounts.

O trailblazer is trash with mounts in the game

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Yes, Mounts in game kills any speed advantage you might have had when you put together your character strategy.

Perhaps if they had put more of a delay of mounting so that mounts were not used as an "escape" but rather an option for long distant travel.   Plus a global cooldown on all powers when dismounting is needed.  Right now players will just ride up on you, insta-dismount and immediately start casting.

The advantages of escapes and fast opening engagements are reasons why players would choose these "speed" disciplines/race abilities.   

4 hours ago, Jah said:

+1

Centaurs are horse-people. They should be fast.

Only if we can use them to pull our war chariots

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, moneda said:

If mounts end up being killable as I thought @jtoddcoleman once stated they would be, the speed bonuses will probably still feel beneficial in the future. If not... yeah.

Even then I think it will be more of an issue that mounts are part of the cost of dying for anyone who isn't very new. I doubt you will see many stronger players (stronger in this case meaning someone who's played more than 48-72 hours) choose to run slower to avoid mount costs. None of the speed boosts are strong enough to be a viable mount replacement as they are right now.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)