Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

So we know it's an issue but can we make a push to raise the cap some? Even to 125? I'd rather deal with the lag than this idiocy. It's just a race to get as many people into the zone as possible. Once one side or the other is over 60, they win. No fighting needed. It's basically a war where everyone shows up and the side with the bigger force is declared the winner.

I'm hoping for a good fight tonight but it's more likely that there is no fighting, just huddling into zones to keep the others from getting their numbers up.

Could we maybe, somehow, some way (by that I mean there is no chance) make a pact that once a faction hits 50 people, they will stop loading in?

or... RAISE THE ZONE CAP! I'll take 110 even. Start small, go 110 and see what happens, increase by 10 each night and see when crap blows up.

Edited by Brightdance

Posted (edited)

Caps are bad*, forced timers are bad*, and people will find ways to abuse them. Uncap zones and let people lag out. 

*Generally speaking, some rare timed events can be good.

Provide incentives, create game mechanics, actively encourage people to spread their forces instead.

If keeps are the few good rare timed blob events... focus your efforts on the "meat and bones" of every day activity, forts and outposts. Encourage players to fight, farm, and craft actively around these areas. Make forts and outposts integral to activating keep timers.

The changes proposed for future campaigns which are adding more timers and increasing rarity of sieges will just force these issues to the forefront of the discussion, even more than now.

Edited by danderions

Way to much effort in arguing about a map mode a lot of us wont even play when dregs comes out.... I would rather the Devs spend time adding content and fixing known bugs. Who cares about balancing a pre-alpha map when sooo much content is missing.

2 minutes ago, Noric said:

Way to much effort in arguing about a map mode a lot of us wont even play when dregs comes out.... I would rather the Devs spend time adding content and fixing known bugs. Who cares about balancing a pre-alpha map when sooo much content is missing.

These zone caps would be just as bad with a Dregs ruleset as with a factions ruleset.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

These zone caps would be just as bad with a Dregs ruleset as with a factions ruleset.

We dont know what the ruleset for dregs is. Unless you have insider info. Dregs wont have the same issue with non-friendly faction members. That issue cant really be fixed in faction play, short of forcing spies, crafting alts, low geared players or allowing the best geared/skilled players priority.

Raising the limit just delays when said cap is hit. 200 limit? What happens when we have 400 people online. Look up unity and player limits. Short answer - its not going to be fixed by changing a ruleset option. Better option would be more/larger maps so people can spread out.

Just now, Noric said:

We dont know what the ruleset for dregs is. Unless you have insider info.

You don't need to know the ruleset for the Dregs to know a 100 player zone cap would result in exactly the same problems we are seeing right now.

IhhQKY6.gif

The zone caps are just bad for game play.  They need them in place for performance reason but @Tyrant said thats temporary and as they can they will eventually begin to raise them.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

we're pushing as hard as we can to get the new server performance improvements out to you guys, because the higher the cap, the less this issue will matter.  we could put in a temporary faction cap (something like 33/33/33) but my fear is that people would just abuse this with alts and it wouldn't actually help the situation -- in fact, it would make it worse, as everyone would be forced to queue pretty much all of the time.

we're aware of the issue, and absolutely understand that it's incredibly frustrating.  if there was more that we could do, we would.  server and client performance is our #1 priority for the next milestone.

once we're on the other side of that improvement, I'm more than happy to look at separate queues for different factions (or maybe just enforcing that during siege windows), but I want to stay focused right now 100% on improving performance.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Well I'd take the alt-capping over the inability to man a zone at all.  We could just agree all to not use spys/alts in other peoples factions.  We know all their names and we can all get a good count of who is in our zone and reach out to the people not participating.

If for some reason you think that having to possibly fight 30v33 is worse than having to possibly fight 98v2 or 60v40, then I think maybe we're in a disagreement.

What you don't seem to understand is that your zone caps are destroying your testing environment.

22 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

we're pushing as hard as we can to get the new server performance improvements out to you guys, because the higher the cap, the less this issue will matter.  we could put in a temporary faction cap (something like 33/33/33) but my fear is that people would just abuse this with alts and it wouldn't actually help the situation -- in fact, it would make it worse, as everyone would be forced to queue pretty much all of the time.

we're aware of the issue, and absolutely understand that it's incredibly frustrating.  if there was more that we could do, we would.  server and client performance is our #1 priority for the next milestone.

once we're on the other side of that improvement, I'm more than happy to look at separate queues for different factions (or maybe just enforcing that during siege windows), but I want to stay focused right now 100% on improving performance.

Todd

I dont want one tenth of my faction slot allocation filled with balance spies. There currently a minimum of 3 watching the zones were in every siege,

Veeshan Midst of UXA

It might be a bit... abrupt, but perhaps 3-5 minutes before the siege window hits, ACE could force everyone back to temple. 

Then teams have to make a choice, try to race in ALT's and spies, or try to race in real players.