Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brightdance

Zone Caps

19 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Faction cap could be a thing. Increase the cap to 150 and lmit it to 50 to each faction? I don't really see a reason to not take affiliation into the cap.

So you limit each faction to 50?  What about the spies that log in and take slots?  This won't solve anything.  When you see one faction has 60, they really have like 40 and about 20 afk alts/spies taking up 20 slots.  Sad state of gaming TBH.

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

48 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

I do think an AFK logout timer would be good to implement just overall, 5 minutes of no moving etc.

Wow, so I just ran down the hall to ask QA "what happened to our AFK timer?" and apparently only half of the functionality is in and working (the disconnected player zombie state) -- I thought we had this in and working since hunger dome testing (and that it just didn't trigger for me because I was an admin account, which is the correct behavior).  But no, it's not happening for anyone.  that's a HUGE problem, and I can't believe that I missed this.  I'll get it into the system and get it fixed asap.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

1 minute ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Wow, so I just ran down the hall to ask QA "what happened to our AFK timer?" and apparently only half of the functionality is in and working (the disconnected player zombie state) -- I thought we had this in and working since hunger dome testing (and that it just didn't trigger for me because I was an admin account, which is the correct behavior).  But no, it's not happening for anyone.  that's a HUGE problem, and I can't believe that I missed this.  I'll get it into the system and get it fixed asap.

Todd

Whats the time allowed before kicked for afk? 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

3 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Todd

Please do not implement AFK timer for EK's, but in campaigns it is DEFINITELY needed

28 minutes ago, pappy said:

So you limit each faction to 50?  What about the spies that log in and take slots?  This won't solve anything.  When you see one faction has 60, they really have like 40 and about 20 afk alts/spies taking up 20 slots.  Sad state of gaming TBH.

I think you are exaggerating the number of spies taking up slots. But I do agree that faction caps would be abused.

1 hour ago, srathor said:

Not in Ek's. Otherwise none of them would ever stay up

The best would be that only the account that owns the EK has no timer. Otherwise random players can just park in your world clogging up the limits.

19 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Whats the time allowed before kicked for afk? 

I don't know, something like 5 or 10 minutes?

Todd

J Todd Coleman

[Rules of Conduct]

1 minute ago, jtoddcoleman said:

I don't know, something like 5 or 10 minutes?

Todd

If possible, do not apply the AfKs timer to EKs.  Community EK shopping malls like Srathors Lawn and Aerynth Traders have to be held open by having a character in them.... generally this character is afk and run on a laptop that can barely run Crowfall...

we could adjust the time before an EK spins down.  I hate to have people logged in but not playing, that costs money in terms of both bandwidth and server cycles.

T

J Todd Coleman

[Rules of Conduct]

4 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

we could adjust the time before an EK spins down.  I hate to have people logged in but not playing, that costs money in terms of both bandwidth and server cycles.

T

Srathors Lawn and Aerynth Traders o7

Edited by Marth

It might be better to eventually just have an EK toggle for owners to set that allows other players to spin them up.

Of course that would also mean having a DDOS guard on accounts so that one account can only spin one up at a time.

JADT;

5 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

T

Can you give other people the ability to power on eks?

36 minutes ago, Marth said:

Can you give other people the ability to power on eks?

we could, but that doesn't sound very optimal.  I've also toyed with the idea of making uptime per day based on investment / management of the EK -- i.e. tie it to the parcels and buildings you have installed there.  that would be relatively easy and I don't think the folks who really want it (srathor, etc) would have any issue with it.  they are playing that game already. :)

Todd

J Todd Coleman

[Rules of Conduct]

26 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

we could, but that doesn't sound very optimal.  I've also toyed with the idea of making uptime per day based on investment / management of the EK -- i.e. tie it to the parcels and buildings you have installed there.  that would be relatively easy and I don't think the folks who really want it (srathor, etc) would have any issue with it.  they are playing that game already. :)

Todd

I have no problem with that then if its based on parcels castle packs and buildings :D. 

>:D Imperial Palace eks stay open the longest. 

Edited by Marth

6 minutes ago, Jah said:

@jtoddcoleman

Please get rid of the /who command. That would instantly remove a major incentive to run alts in enemy factions in the campaigns.

I am sure it is a useful command for devs, but can't you make it a dev-only command?

This paired with the cap being raised would eliminate the use of stacking zones / spying. Why bother logging in 10 alts if you are only 100/200 in zone. 

If Nobles could spin up a downed Ek that would be flippen wonderful.  Or a separate command line toggle. I would love to get my second box freed up from + 1 crowfall 24/7. Too many times I come back in the morning and find the EK down over night.

Hmm one thing I just thought of. If I make someone noble and they place land, If I never spin up the EK I can hold their purchases hostage. (Not that I would of course, but if I keel over they are screwed.)  Yeah nobles should at least be able to spin up EK's so they can rescue their purchases.